ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
Im a 5 hcp, i dont have custom fitted clubs, none, never had a lesson in my life. Spent some time online to work my swing out. Now, 2 months ago, i "found" my swing, and ive been playing alot lately, mostly 9 holes at a time due to work etc. (thats why im at 5 hcp and not lower) We have a full length 9 hole course, and i average even par on that course. Today i played a 18 hole course here in sweden, wet and windy, and i shot -4 on the first 9 holes, ended at even par after 18.

Im wondering how low do you think i can go if i add professional help? How much did professional help do for you?

Tough question.
I was in a similar spot and frankly couldnt go lower without assistance. Others can and have.
Its tough to know.

Tough question.
I was in a similar spot and frankly couldnt go lower without assistance. Others can and have.
Its tough to know.

how low did you go before you got help? and how big of a change did it do for you?

I had help here and there but I did not start lessons until I plateaued. I have plans and goals and without instruction I just cannot get there.

Im a 5 hcp, i dont have custom fitted clubs, none, never had a lesson in my life. Spent some time online to work my swing out. Now, 2 months ago, i "found" my swing, and ive been playing alot lately, mostly 9 holes at a time due to work etc. (thats why im at 5 hcp and not lower) We have a full length 9 hole course, and i average even par on that course. Today i played a 18 hole course here in sweden, wet and windy, and i shot -4 on the first 9 holes, ended at even par after 18.

Im wondering how low do you think i can go if i add professional help? How much did professional help do for you?

It all depends on how you went low to begin with, and what kept you from going lower. I have played a lot of golf with a lot of different golfers who are the same or similar handicap and some maximize their abilities and thus have very little upside while others waste strokes all over the course and still shoot the same score, they have a large upside, but whether or not they reach that upside is another story.

I would say analyze your rounds after you play and be honest with yourself on how much lower you could have shot and how many strokes you saved because of a lucky shot or a long putt you rolled in.

The sky is the limit!

I learned a whole lot on my own before I got pro lessons. The lessons I did receive sure did help and made me a more better golfer. But I could not afford lessons so frequently so I began to work with close friends and better players. My coach right now is a former team member on the college team and he is a great instructor, though not an actual pro, he has knowledge and years of experience. I trust him right now more than anyone. It's a personal preference and a bond we've developed.

I would say if you feel that your not going any lower and you've tried all your options excluding pro help, then I would seek out someone who can analyze your swing and get you on a plan. Don't limit yourself and you'll do great.

Back