Do you have a favorite course or do you like to play different courses?

I like to mix it up but I have a few locally that I always defer to when I'm looking for something convenient.

I have a few nicer courses near home I play and then an inexpensive 9-hole I use for practice rounds. I rarely travel just to play golf. It's tough both cost and time wise with a toddler at home and another on the way. I will try to play a round on vacation even if I have to rent clubs. I've played in Arizona and Aruba. Playing rounds with THPers will help get me out to some courses I may have never played.

My favorite local course is Meadowood and since I live across the street from it, that makes it very handy.
But, I love to play all the courses in the area and really enjoy traveling and playing new courses.
Circling Raven is one of my "just outside of town" favorites.

My favorite local course is Meadowood and since I live across the street from it, that makes it very handy.
But, I love to play all the courses in the area and really enjoy traveling and playing new courses.

If the weather holds up, I need to out to Meadowood

rade8ezu.jpg

Twin Lakes in Rathdrum Idaho. Hole #3,most of the holes are very tight like this

I play probably 80 percent of my rounds at my country club, but I always try to swing a round in Branson (Branson Creek, Ledgestone, Murder Rock, Payne Stewart) and least once a month. All 4 of those courses are as good as any course you will ever play :)

I belong to a course and play that one most often. But I like to review courses, so I end up playing a bunch of different ones during the season. So, I guess I like familiarity and variety in my courses. It's nice to play my course, as I know all of the distances, the best and worst places to be on each hole and how the greens roll. On the other hand, it drives me nuts if I don't play one of the holes as well as I have in the past and some shots have become almost like scorecard kryptonite, as I can rarely pull them off. Yet I never find it boring or repetitive. For other courses, I like the challenge of a different lay out, different scenery and seeing how my game travels (I'd say mediocre most of the time). Yet rounds tend to take longer and some times the course aren't as good as my course, so then I wish I just played there.

I always like to play new courses, but do have some favorites that I choose to play more often.

I have a couple of courses that I play regularly put if I can play with THPer's, I'll travel. Sadly, my game does not travel well.

Since I've moved around a lot the past few years, I play a lot of different courses. I enjoy experiencing different layouts and scenery, but I'd kind of like to have one course that I really call "home". I feel like I would be able to post some lower scores if I really learned a course, particularly the greens.

I do like to play different courses but I like playing at one of the muni courses most of the time. It is well kept and tougher than the slope rating indicates. I really hate it when I go on vacation, play a bunch of tough courses sloped 20 and 30 points more than Riverside well and come home to have the muni kick my butt and beat me up.

I have a favorite course to practice at the range at. But when it comes to playing a round I like trying new courses. Downfall is I can never seems to get really good at any one course then.

I've played like 25 courses in DFW at least, I would play more if they were a bit more accessible (read: less than 45 minutes away). I love playing new courses, pretty much rarely do I want to play the same course twice in a row. I also play several times a week so it would get boring fast to play the same course frequently.

I have one favorite course that I play more than others, Butter Brook GC, but I do like to try new courses and have different experiences at other courses around the area. I'm not opposed to traveling over an hour to a new course either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I almost always play a new course every round which is probably why my score hasnt come down much. It is fun to see the different layouts, equipment, scenery, clubhouse etc. I am gonna try to pick a "regular" course this year and try to play it more frequently to see if my score starts to drop a bit due to familiarity.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I like to play a rotation of 3 or 4 courses but this past summer I played most of my rounds at one course. This resulted in some of my best scores ever and my ability to putt on those greens was crazy.
I have so much more respect for golfers who's game travels well now. I think being a 'home course' golfer reduces a handicap by 3-5 strokes.

I play one course a lot but it is not my favorite my favorite would be a course that is 2 hr north of me

I typically like to play a rotation. I love to test myself with different shots over time and not just the same repeatable holes

KG

Just Tapping Away

I tend to play the same course mostly. I do enjoy getting out to play different courses from time to time.

I have a favorite course (Turquoise Valley in Naco, AZ). Always well-kept, a great value, challenging holes, greens are fantastic.

That being said, I love playing new courses.

I'm a member at mesquite grove here in Abilene, TX so very rarely do I play different courses and when I do I play horrible due to intimidation of not knowing the course to well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a favorite course that I will go for a quick round, or to do some club comparisons since I know it so well and it is usually not very crowded. If I am not looking to do any testing, or have the full day off, I will try and spread myself around to various courses.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I play at my club most often, but then I also play at a number of different courses locally and when I travel.

Taps away

I prefer different courses. Of course during the winter when it gets dark at the same time as rush hour, I prefer courses closer to home since I usually play until dark.

I like to play different courses. I like to challenge my course management skills and green reading abilities.

Back