Status
Not open for further replies.
dytapy5y.jpg

Got a 100 round box of 9mm today,
We've had tons of ammo in at local Walmarts all week

dytapy5y.jpg

Got a 100 round box of 9mm today,
We've had tons of ammo in at local Walmarts all week
wally world here doesnt have 9mm or 22lr but they are having steady streams of everything else... which is good and bad

I had a chance to get the new 22-250 out this weekend. The store owner sited it in for me because I knew wouldn't have time. We got up to the town and I was shooting the .223 most of the afternoon. It was going great. I decided to pull out the 22-250. Most of our shots we between 180-220 yards. I opened a box of Federal V-shok. I went through 12 rounds and didn't hit anything. I was pissed and since it was wet you couldn't see where you were missing. I figured I was missing low. Then I thought they probably zeroed me in at 200. That got me where I was hitting around the dogs. I made a couple more adjustments. It took me 24 rounds to get on target. After that I hit 8 out of 16. A couple of my misses were 300-350 yards which wasn't realistic for me. I did suck one out of his hole at 280 and got to watch him do a couple of flips.

I went from wanting to throw the rifle away to loving the thing in an hour. It's a tack driver and I hope I can get it shooting even better once I start hand loading rounds. I really wanted a suppressed rifle. Not sure if this will be the right one but i'm definitely keeping this one.

wally world here doesnt have 9mm or 22lr but they are having steady streams of everything else... which is good and bad

I've only seen a couple boxes of 550 for $20 at Walmart, I just didn't have money that day dang

Small update to yesterday's awkward moment:

I was able to acquire the phone number of the landowner. She rents out the two homes next to me. I told her what happened and asked her to tell her renters to stay off my property. She told me she would take care of it but I guess we will see next time I'm shootin.

Small update to yesterday's awkward moment:

I was able to acquire the phone number of the landowner. She rents out the two homes next to me. I told her what happened and asked her to tell her renters to stay off my property. She told me she would take care of it but I guess we will see next time I'm shootin.

Keep your phone handy, and start filming him/them if they do come back.

Follow up today with the local LEO as you have done before, and state you reached out to the land owner, and expressed your wishes for the renters to keep off your land.

Don't trust the land owner to follow through, so it's on you to establish some record of events.

Best of luck, something similar happened to me and my father. A nosy neighbor (lived two miles away) crossed over our fence, pass our posted signs walked 1/4 mile to where he have our range set up to complain about us shooting during the middle of the day on a Saturday and disturbing his "peace". He has been a problem for years, and has tried to file a few complaints.

To his surprise the dogs saw him first, chased him and cornered in our barn. He was screaming like a mad man, and once we got the dogs called off, he came out with a Axe he found in our barn yelling he was going to kill every dog.

Then he looked up and saw me, my father, and the five others with us, once he realized we all had our holsters on, and that the five others all had clothing that identified them as LEO he turned white.

We have had issues with him for a few years and suspect him in the death of one of our dogs a year before, we have kept our cool and recorded everything we could.

He was arrested that day for trespassing, communicating treats, and get this Drug possession, with intent to distribute, and maintaining a dwelling for the growing of said drugs. He reeked of weed, and had a pipe and baggie on him, then they got a warrant to search his house, and sure enough had about 30 plants growing.

It's always cool to be able to shoot in your backyard

useqe6ab.jpg

I want a 45LC lever gun to put a silencer on.

I want a 45LC lever gun to put a silencer on.

Oh now if we are talking WANTS, well here's the latest list.

1. Glock 30S
2. CZ P-01 or CZ-75 PCR
3. Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm
4. 300 Blackout SBR suppressed.

PMR30.

A wish list? This will only create problems.
1. Ruger M77 Hawkeye .204 w/ suppressor
2. Glock 23
3. 1911 - I like the Ruger or the S&W E-Series
I may be done after I find these. Never mind. I'm sure i'll find something.

1. Kimber Super-Carry w/ Trijicon night sights
2. FNH SCAR 7.62 x 39mm w/ EO-Tech sight, AN/PEQ-2 IR/vis targeting laser
3. Mossberg 500 Intruder w/ 18" barrel, extended 7 rd. tube, and ghost ring sights

Nothing wrong w/ lofty goals, IMO.

Wish list:

H&K USP 40
H&K MK23
H&K 416

since its called "wish" list
barrett 50
ma deuce
a futuristic hand held railgun

Wish list:
1: Nemo Omen
2: McMillan Tac 50
3: Tac-ops any of them.
4: Remington 40xb

Trijicon is giving some HD night sights away on their facebook page, worth checking out because last day to end is friday

Did someone mention a wish list?

I'd have to go with:

1. Remington Model 12 pump .22 rifle
2. CZ 452 Varmint in .22mag
3. Walther PPQ
4. Remington R-15
5. Ruger Single Six
6. Ruger MKII or Browning Buckmark with 10" barrel with scope or red dot.

Wow, what is this country coming too, what's next, uttering the words firearm, gun, bullets will result in expulsion?
thats already happened too
some kid got suspended for wearing a teeshirt with a gun on it
you have no idea how many ridiculous stories there are... and theyre true

It's akin to saying "bomb" on an airplane now.

didnt another kid get suspended because he wanted to be a soldier... just like his marine father?

Kid got suspended for shooting an airsoft gun in his yard while waiting for the bus. School district said their zero tolerance policy extended to private property. While shooting an airsoft gun at the bus stop was dumb, stating they can enforce their policy when the kid is in his own yard is ignorant. Law suit forthcoming a guarantee. I would do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/

America is dying from the inside out. We are infected.

Kid got suspended for shooting an airsoft gun in his yard while waiting for the bus. School district said their zero tolerance policy extended to private property. While shooting an airsoft gun at the bus stop was dumb, stating they can enforce their policy when the kid is in his own yard is ignorant. Law suit forthcoming a guarantee. I would do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/

America is dying from the inside out. We are infected.

There's quite a bit more to that story.

Including shooting the airsoft gun at the bus and kids on the bus, and past offenses with the airsoft gun.

There's quite a bit more to that story.

Including shooting the airsoft gun at the bus and kids on the bus, and past offenses with the airsoft gun.

Maybe so but stating their zero tolerance policy extends to private property is a very broad statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back