October Northeast Fall Gathering - Binghamton, NY

What would be a close,inexpensive hotel nearby?

Most of the hotels are going to be in Binghamton 10 miles or so from the course, if we do CPC. If you are just looking for a place to crash super 8/motel 6 would be cheapest, I don't know if I'd necessarily recommend them though haha. Something nicer, check out the Grand Royale in downtown Binghamton. Otherwise there's the typical Holiday/Hampton/Comforts.

Most of the hotels are going to be in Binghamton 10 miles or so from the course, if we do CPC. If you are just looking for a place to crash super 8/motel 6 would be cheapest, I don't know if I'd necessarily recommend them though haha. Something nicer, check out the Grand Royale in downtown Binghamton. Otherwise there's the typical Holiday/Hampton/Comforts.
Thanks! Just need a place to crash for a few hours. I'll check into Super8/Motel6

Mudflap, thanks for doing the homework.

I think we go with the two courses that can offer us some earlier tee times - Conklin and Tradition.

Seeing a couple of the pictures that Mudflap has posted of Conklin, my vote is with Conklin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a Red Roof inn in Johnson City (western suburb of Binghamton) which was OK when I stayed there in the spring. It's close to the big mall near exit 71 I think.

There's a Red Roof inn in Johnson City (western suburb of Binghamton) which was OK when I stayed there in the spring. It's close to the big mall near exit 71 I think.
Thank you!

Very envious of this outing. Of course playing with THPer's = Awesome, but love the New York course. Have played around Syracuse, Oneonta, & Cooperstown on a couple of HOF trips... Beautiful state.

So wish I could get to this. I hope you all have a freaking blast!!

Thank you!

For completeness, there is also a La Quinta (which I've stayed at and didn't like) and a Best Western (which I haven't stayed at) which are near the Red Roof too . There's a Hampton Inn across the road behind Wegman's which is good if you want to go up a notch and get free breakfast.

My in-laws live right in that neighborhood so I'm pretty familiar with it.

For completeness, there is also a La Quinta (which I've stayed at and didn't like) and a Best Western (which I haven't stayed at) which are near the Red Roof too . There's a Hampton Inn across the road behind Wegman's which is good if you want to go up a notch and get free breakfast.

My in-laws live right in that neighborhood so I'm pretty familiar with it.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Any new thought or info about this? Hopefully the government will be giving me a paycheck next week so I can be a part of it.

Just checked out the Conklin Course online and it looks very nice! Definitely my choice.

I like the look of Conklin as well. I know MudFlap has had some real great things to say about that place.

Just checked the 10 day forecast...............We need a commitment and some teetimes!It's looking pretty good right now.

Just checked the 10 day forecast...............We need a commitment and some teetimes!It's looking pretty good right now.

But 10/19 is 12 days out. :)

Anything put together yet?

I found out yesterday that I have a potential work conflict for that weekend so, if I come, it would have to be last minute based on how well things go Thursday and Friday.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to this event but It's 50-50 at best for me probably. I'll stay tuned on the thread though.

I found out yesterday that I have a potential work conflict for that weekend so, if I come, it would have to be last minute based on how well things go Thursday and Friday.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to this event but It's 50-50 at best for me probably. I'll stay tuned on the thread though.

Ken that is a bummer. Hopefully it works out and you can join us!

I hope it works out so you can join us bud!

Anything put together yet?

I think it's too far out yet. Dean is putting it together and he's been around for awhile I trust he knows what he's doing. Some clubs won't allow you to scheduled tee times more than 7 days out.

I think it's too far out yet. Dean is putting it together and he's been around for awhile I trust he knows what he's doing. Some clubs won't allow you to scheduled tee times more than 7 days out.
No problem! Just haven't seen any updates and haven't decided if I'm coming in the nite before yet.

No problem! Just haven't seen any updates and haven't decided if I'm coming in the nite before yet.

Wish I could! I'd for sure go down Friday and get a Friday round in and split hotel costs with ya. Unfortunately I gotta work 7pm-3am on Friday so I'll be getting a quick nap and heading out in the morning.

Wish I could! I'd for sure go down Friday and get a Friday round in and split hotel costs with ya. Unfortunately I gotta work 7pm-3am on Friday so I'll be getting a quick nap and heading out in the morning.

Jim,if I go down Fri. nite it wouldn't be til about 6:30 pm before I head out.

That is bringing up memories of the Conn Invitational and leaving at 2 am Saturday morning for a Saturday morning tee time. The best road trip that I will never do again. :)

That is bringing up memories of the Conn Invitational and leaving at 2 am Saturday morning for a Saturday morning tee time. The best road trip that I will never do again. :)

Haha I'll do whatever it takes to play with some THPers. Pretty sure my dad will be in now as his pass days now switched back to Sat. & Sun.

Back