October Northeast Fall Gathering - Binghamton, NY

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
In the Western New York golf thread I posed the question about who would be interested in getting together in October for a round of golf. When I used to travel a lot I always passed this course on my journey's along the southern tier of New York. I have always wanted to get out and play it, so I figure why not try to get a group of THPers together and share the experience.
Spoiler

logo.png

The Course - The Links at Hiawatha Landing http://www.hiawathalinks.com/

gal10.jpg

gal17.jpg

This course is located 15 miles west of Binghamton, NY and should be an easy drive for people coming from all directions. The Links at Hiawatha Landing sits along the banks of the Susquehanna River, nestled between the Finger Lakes and the Catskill Mountains. Which means come October the scenery is going to be second to none.

We will be playing Conklin Players Club. http://conklinplayers.com/

hole10.jpg

Saturday - October 19th
Tee Times start at at 10:50
Cost: $50 cart included

Address: 1520 Conklin Road, Conklin, NY 13748

Let's get some chatter going and see if we can make this happen!

List of attendees
1)ddec
2)O'Carroll
3)MudFlap
4)jt2929
5)buckbug
6)amsmith61
7)Shankosaurus
8)Nerfny
9)Kobey
10)O'Carroll's Buddy

Last edited:
Yes, yes...YES! This is the course my college roommate grew up working at. I was only at the range, and it was a few years ago, but my impression was that this was/is a top notch place.

I am IN, is what I'm trying to say. Throw in some Lupo's speidies and I'm a happy guy!

I am definitely in, as this is just a short drive and looks like a gorgeous course. If I had to pick, I am going to say 10/12 and 10/19 would be ideal for me.

That being said, count me in for trying some of Lupo's speidies! I have no idea what they are, but if they keep getting mentioned - they have to be good!

don't tempt me dean....

Grrrrr!!! None of those dates work for me.

wow, spectacular looking course! I don't think I'll be able to swing it though as it's 6hrs from my house (too far for a day trip), and don't have it in the budget for a hotel stay plus travel, plus golf right now. hope you're able to get a good group together though.

Looking to do it on a Thursday? Might be possible but I am not sure. I think the 12th would be out for me though, weekends would be best.

• Staff
Looking to do it on a Thursday? Might be possible but I am not sure. I think the 12th would be out for me though, weekends would be best.

all dates listed are on a Saturday.

About a 3 hour drive for me. Completely dooable, but i know my october schedule is a bit hectic right now. Once a date is announced I will see what I can do.

About a 3 hour drive for me. Completely dooable, but i know my october schedule is a bit hectic right now. Once a date is announced I will see what I can do.

Make it happen.. That is all I am going to say.

I live 10 minutes from the Links and drive past it every day going to work, but have never played there. This looks like a good excuse to play for the first time. Count me in for any date.

And Speidies are a must have for anyone coming from out of town!

Last edited:
Count me in on any date. Making it happen regardless. Can't wait boys! Joe I better see you there!

Dean, if you need any help planning let me know.

I play Hiawatha a lot in the spring before the fescue grows in haha. Good pick, it's one of the nicer courses in the area.

If anyone coming is planning on staying a night, I'll happily help with the goods and bads of where to stay.

you know if we look at the 19th, the Bills are on the road in Miami, so perhaps dcbrad could make the trek

you know if we look at the 19th, the Bills are on the road in Miami, so perhaps dcbrad could make the trek

I've lost all hope in Buffalo. Is he a season ticket holder?

Wow one game and done.

Oh it's not just the one game. It's the last 10 years of my life lol. Although with as much hope that I had sucked out of me in the last 2 minutes of that game is absolutely incredible.

Oh it's not just the one game. It's the last 10 years of my life lol. Although with as much hope that I had sucked out of me in the last 2 minutes of that game is absolutely incredible.

Just messing with you. I'm a Bills fan. I feel your pain.

Just messing with you. I'm a Bills fan. I feel your pain.

Oh I take it all in stride now. I love them. Just love to hate them I think. Will you being joining us for the round??

Oh I take it all in stride now. I love them. Just love to hate them I think. Will you being joining us for the round??

Haven't decided yet.

Haven't decided yet.

You got my vote to join us, although - can Lexie drive the cart?? :)

All this Buffalo Bills talk.. Thankfully I am not a Bills fan. It was tough enough being a Red Sox fan for years prior to 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back