Where did it go? Please help

kcfromva

Reaction score
Handicap
First I would like to thank you for any help and taking the time to listen.
Im hoping you can help me. I have always been a feel player and never had any lessons. I am an 11 handicap. I have been reading alot about the golf swing on here and also in magazines.
It seems now I feel so mechanical and nothing feels right.The only time it feels right is when I have less than a full wedge and I have to play by feel for shorter distance if that makes sense.
I have lost distance in my irons and driver and I dont know how to get my feel back. Could it just be mental or is there something I could practice that might help me? Now that it off season Im not sure I can get outside but is there anything I could do in my garage?
Thanks again
KC

Is it just a lack of distance or have we lost directional control as well? It is tuff for me to know where to go with this without a little more info. Can you get me an idea of how the shots feel to you now? Most times with better players that start loosing distance is due to something simple in setup. If that is not the case there is a good chance you have started to (not on purpose) steer the ball around the course and when that happens we give up distance. Look forward to hearing from you and getting some additional info.

maybe I am just out of sync. My body and arms feels disconnected Any drills to help. Sorry about my discription

No problems. The best way to get things back in sync is to take some swings and hit some balls with the feet together. This will get you turning and moving the body and arms together.

If it is true disconect with the arms and core let me know where you feel like you are loosing it, and I will try and get you some specific drills to help with that area of the swing. Let me know what I can do!

thanks for the help I will try feet together drill

Back