Forum Testing Signup - Cleveland Smart Square Putter

Would love to get a shot at this, another great opportunity for THPers from THP & Cleveland. Unfortunately, putters aren't the best thing to test out on a simulator and indoor turf putting green. So I'll pass on this one, but looking forward to the reviews, good luck everybody!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore mFGP CS
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain Good but not great. Distance control is good and alignment has improved since switch to SeeMore. Typically very good under 5' but should make more in the 6' - 15' range.
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 33.5"

A great testing opportunity from THP and Cleveland! Thank You!!!

Who wouldn't love the chance to test this putter? I've had a couple Cleveland Classic putters over the years and liked them a lot.

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore Si3W

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain I have my days.... I'm typically a decent putter, but can struggle with speed on occasion.

3. LH or RH: RH

4. What length do you play your putter at? 33"

Awesome opportunity thanks again to THP and Cleveland golf!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Currently I am gaming an Adams Select A7

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? I would consider myself an average putter because I like many really don't have the chance to practice as much as I would like. I will say that as I have been playing more I feel that I have become better at putting. For me developing a consistent repeatable stroke has taken me years to get.

3. RH

4. What length do you play your putter at? Currently 35 but I have toyed with the idea of going back to a 34.

Good luck to all those that have entered, really seem like a cool putter to try out. I have never played with a putter like that only ever used a blade.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Ghost Spider S
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. No. I struggle with distance control from over 15 ft & struggle with alignment on shorter putts.
3. LH or RH RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35 in.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. This putter sounds interesting

1. What putter are you currently playing? Versa 2 ball

I'm very interested in what a user of the 2-ball putter thinks of the squares.

1. What putter are you currently playing?:
SeeMore PTM1

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain:

I would say that I am a good putter now, especially after purchasing a putter that improved my alignment - I can read the greens pretty fairly accurately and am good at judging the overall speed of the putt (e.g. last night I sunk a 60 FT putt that was standing 2 FT off the green).

3. LH or RH:
RH

4. What length do you play your putter at?:
34"

1. What putter are you currently playing? Tommy Armour Evo Two Bar. It's a hideous beast, but it sinks putts.
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain: Yes; even though my hands shake like a scared chihuahua sometimes (due to essential tremors), I'm a pretty solid putter. I read greens and lag pretty well. I prefer center shafted high MOI mallets because they offer some forgiveness to counter act the shakes.
3. LH or RH: RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35

Another great testing opportunity. Thanks THP and Cleveland! Though I'm unsure on the looks of this putter, I'm sure time will tell.

1. Currently using a Rife Barbados Belly Island Series that has been cut down to 33".

2. I consider myself an average putter. Distance control and lag putting are adequate, where I really fall short is in the 8-20' range. I give myself opportunities to score well but can't convert enough of these important putts to do so.

3. RH

4. I've been playing my putters at 33" for several years and this length has worked well for me.

Very interesting putter. Not long ago, I didn't give certain putters a second thought, because I favored a more classic mallet shape. But I've seen the light and now understand that some of them can really benefit your game, especially with alignment. I seem to be able to get a "feel" for just about any putter I use, given enough time with it. It's the alignment aids that really interest me now. I'm still searching for the perfect fit for my eye, where I feel that I see the line really easily. This looks like it would be really interesting to try, so here goes...

1. What putter are you currently playing? Versa #7
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain Yes, I feel that I'm decent, but I could get better in the 6-15 foot range for sure. More consistency on longer lags would also help me shave a few strokes
3. LH or RH RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35"

​As always, I appreciate the opportunity to throw my name in the hat. Thanks THP and Cleveland.

1. What putter are you currently playing?
Cleveland Classic HB #10
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain
I consider myself to be an excellent putter. I make about 4 out of 10 within 10 feet and even when I miss from that distance, my 2nd putt is usually a tap-in. Even when lag putting, Im usually able to get my putt within 7 feet of the hole.
3. LH or RH
RH
4. What length do you play your putter at?
33"

1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Cameron phantom mallet 2
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. I have always been a great putter. One of my strengths.
3. LH or RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35".

Forum Testing Signup - Cleveland Smart Square Putter

Well I've not been here long but can already see what a great place this is, as I'm in a putter quandary right now I think I'll throw my small hat into this ring.

1. What putter are you currently playing?

My current putter is the same old one I've used since day one. A Macgregor ZP-40. It's a little beaten up, as the pictures below demonstrate!
:beat-up:

I'm currently looking to change away from a blade style putter to a mallet style that suits my stroke better, hence my interest in this new Square putter! I currently pondering a Odyssey 2-Ball so an improvement on that would be very, very interesting to me.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

EDIT: As of yesterday I bought an Odyssey 2 ball which I've found to be a massive improvement, would be interesting now to see how it compares.

2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain.

I would consider myself an ok putter currently, but with the potential to be a good putter. I have a lot of trouble sticking to my line with my current setup and any help in this area can only improve my game on the greens. When I miss, it's either curling around the lip or it's an all out disaster short.

I feel like I can read greens well, but having a lack of confidence in my current putter manifests itself whenever I'm standing over the ball. Recent rounds have shown silly missed puts that I should be holing are costing me 2-5 shots a round, the difference currently in breaking 90.

3. LH or RH

Right Handed

4. What length do you play your putter at?

Currently it's a 34" but I'm looking at moving that to 35".

Goes without saying (But I will anyway) that this opportunity is most appreciated, thanks to THP and Cleveland!

John

Last edited:
1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade Spider Blade
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Yeah, I think I would just sneak into the good category.
3. LH or RH? Right
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35

Thanks to Cleveland and THP for another great opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic HB1
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain I feel that I am an okay putter. I don't make a lot of one putts, but I don't usually 3 putt. Speed is usually really good just need to work on hitting my line better.
3. LH or RH Right
4. What length do you play your putter at?35"

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ping Anser 5
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Not really. I can have 34 putts or over 40. I can long or short but I tend to pull putts more. And I know I do not use the straight back and straight through technique that ping designed my putter for.
3. LH or RH RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? No idea. But I should figure it out. I also know that my lie angle is off for my comfortable stroke as the toe is off the ground.

1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain. Yes, but like everyone else, some days are better than others. I would consider myself a good, not great putter. I feel like I have a consistent, repeatable stroke. I am pretty good at lag putting, which helps to minimize the dreaded 3 putt. I am trying to work on my consistency from 3-6 feet and also increase my made putts from 10-15 feet.
3. LH or RH RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 38"

I'm very interested in what a user of the 2-ball putter thinks of the squares.

Me too, and if I actually get picked then I can give you a comparison from 2 different points of view as one of my regular playing partners has a 2-ball so I would be getting his view as well

let's keep the signups going on this one.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal-X #7
  2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain I am usually pretty decent. My biggest problem is when out of nowhere, I will hit it way too hard. Normally, distance control is a strong point, save for the previously mentioned blowing past the hole. Alignment could be better. Mis-hits are not too common, but I feel that I don't aim as well as I could.
  3. LH or RH RH
  4. What length do you play your putter at? 34"

this thread really need to go back to the top page

(bump)

I was really intrigued by this putter when THP previewed it and what a cool opportunity to be able to test. Thanks to Cleveland and THP for a great testing.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa WBW #9

2. DoP you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain.
I would consider myself a decent putter. It's been much better over the years but I always struggle every now and again. I would say that my biggest problem is being able to get the ball rolling on my intended line. Some of that comes from a poor stroke but most of it is me not trusting the line. I have been trying to find a putter that lines up well for me and gives me confidence on those tricky left to right putts.

3. LH or RH? RH

4. What length do you play your putter at? 36"

Very cool !

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Ghost Spider
2. Do you consider yourself a good putter? Please explain - Yes, I do consider myself a good putter. Very few 3 putts and honestly the putter has become one of my strongest assets in my game.
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What length do you play your putter at? 35"

Thanks THP and Cleveland for this testing opportunity !

This is such a great test opportunity. I'm bumping it back to the first page.

After seeing Jman post his picture in the review thread, I want one of these bad boys. Such a great looking putter

Back