I just heard the weirdest and coolest thing.

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
Watching highlights of the Korean open and I heard a ball drop in the hole and thought what the hell was that. They must be made of metal cos when the ball drops it sounds like a miniature cow bell. Never seen or heard anything like that before.

Must be the bottom of the cup of the base of the flag

Tapping from my IPhone

That is pretty cool! I wish I could hear that every time I drained a putt or holed out.

I have no idea exactly how or why but if you get a chance to watch some of the tournament and you see the players putting you can't miss it.

Could it just be that the liner bottom is sitting above the dirt? There is an exacting standard of how far below the ground the liner must sit in tournaments and maybe rather than being sunk to the bottom its sitting off of it and resonating making the cowbell noise.

I hear ya but its not just one hole and its a definite metallic sound.

Just did a quick Google and YouTube search and came across a company called WhiteMetal Golf and they make a hybrid plastic and metal cup. Could be their product I'm seeing at the Korean open.

Needs more cowbell.

So you've heard it?

Huh? I'm now lost, lol

My favorite SNL skit of ALL TIME!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Fellas, fellas. I'm just like everyone else and put my pants on one leg at a time. Except when they're on...I make gold records!

I have heard it to. I think they have it on all the Asian tournaments cause I have heard it quite a few times at different tournaments.

Back