October Northeast Fall Gathering - Binghamton, NY

Made it home! Awesome day. Love getting a bunch of THPers together. Congrats to Buckbug for shedding the Hello Kitty towel. Thanks to MudFlap for making the tee times and the course recommendation. Hope you all are traveling safe.
What is the story with the hello kitty towel? Looks like you guys had a blast!

What is the story with the hello kitty towel? Looks like you guys had a blast!

Whoever has the highest net score after the handicap calculation takes the towel and has to display it on their bag until the next time 3 or more THPers get together to play.

Haha, I'm the same way with my eyes, I don't think I could ever wear contacts.

I was a little late getting my phone out of the cart but this would have been even funnier in Wendy's...

yraqequv.jpg

Sorry, I had to!

This is what happens when your husband is a big baby. You have to sit on his chest to try and see what is in his eye.

This is what happens when your husband is a big baby. You have to sit on his chest to try and see what is in his eye.

Don't feel bad Dean. I'm the same way. My gf is an athletic trainer so she loves fixing me when I have an issue, but when it comes to my eyes I'm the same way!!

Don't feel bad Dean. I'm the same way. My gf is an athletic trainer so she loves fixing me when I have an issue, but when it comes to my eyes I'm the same way!!

Not going to lie and say I would have acted differently. Jimmy was there last weekend when a pebble flew up after I made contact with the ball. You would have thought someone shot a harpoon into my eye by the way I overreacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home....Whew!................what a day! Everyone who played today realized what a beautiful course this is. We need to thank Rob for steering us there.
There was just so many obstacles in the mix.............gall bladders,tractor trailors,ignition issues and let's not forget the pine needle. All of these added stress to the day but we prevailed with a wonderful course and weather the same. Yes Aaron,I have never felt so happy as to pass the new realm to Kobey. I'm sure he's strong enough to carry the burden of Miss Kitty til we meet again. Thank you to all for another great outing and to those that couldn't make it,you are still my favorite bunch of golfers and I'm glad to be a part of the THP family.I hope JB and Golfergal see this cuz it just shows how great this website is! Can't wait for the next one!

Looks like it was a decent weather day for the outing.. wish I could have gone, but a 2 1/2 hour drive is a bit much with all else that is going on at the moment.. thanks for the photo's and explaining the "Hello Kitty.." that I keep seeing posted on here..

October Northeast Fall Gathering - Binghamton, NY

Just walked in the door and have the Red Sox game on. It was a great day with a great course and an equally great group of THPers. Thanks to Dean for organizing the get together. Thanks to MudFlap for making the tee times and for suggesting Conklin when Hiawatha wasn't available.

Allan - glad to hear you made it home safely.

Jen - thanks for saving Dean's life out there today. :)

Kobey it was great playing the round with you and getting to meet you. I hope you join us again once the frozen tundra thaws.

JLit and Six4three5 - wished you both could have been there. Glad you are both okay.

Jim - always a pleasure playing a round with you and I haven't laughed as hard as I did on the ride down.

Pete - the Spiede was pretty good.

Looking forward to the next time already.

Last edited:
Sheid787 it was great getting to talk with you after the round - when Pete wasn't dominating the conversation. I hope we see you more on NY thread and on THP.

nice pics, sounds like every who was not on the disabled list had a great time, wish I could have made it, congrats allan on passing along "Hello Kitty". looking forward to the next outing

The pics are great! Looks like everyone had a good time. Thanks for posting them.

Gorgeous course, glad everyone had fun!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Just a test post for now to see if the new avatar is working.:arrogant: I'll have time to post an update tomorrow.

Edit. Not working yet. I must have done something wrong. Have to try again.

Edit 2. There we go.

It looks good on you kobey

kobey, congrats on "Hello Kitty", hope you don't hang on to it too long , lol, I know aaron and allan were glad to pass it on to the next "winner":bashful:

Wish I could of made this trip. Course looks awesome and it sounds like you all had a blast.

Kobey,may you turn it over soon!

A little late to the party on this, but man that was a fun day. It was good to see familiar faces and awesome meeting a new one.

Mudflap: Rob, awesome meeting you and thanks for putting all the tee times together. Also, the burger at the bar you pointed us to (can't remember the name) was pretty darn delicious. Glad you got into the SeeMore Event and look forward to hanging in Nashville.

jt2929: Sorry to hear about your car and your 3 wood, and ultimately that you missed our gathering, but glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully you jump in on the next one.

Kobey: Awesome seeing you again. I apologize for not recognizing you in your playoff beard. That Optiforce is a beast...please don't let me hit it anymore. And I know you ended up with Miss Kitty, but when I enter "Kobey" on my phone, autocorrect wants to change it to "Money," so you've got that going for you.

amsmith61: Aaron awesome as always. Thanks for showing me that I putt better with your left-handed counter-balanced SeeMore than I do with my right-handed Si3. Also glad you liked the chicken spiedie.

Shankosaurus: Jim you are hilarious. Non stop laughs from the driving range to the burger bar. Bummed you didn't try the spiedie.

Buckbug: Another enjoyable round Allan. Glad you were feeling better this time and it showed in your game. Congrats on passing Miss Kitty and I'm really glad you got your car started afterwards. That would've been a LONG push.

SHeid787: Scott's my friend, and I'm trying to get him involved with THP. He enjoyed the round and meeting everyone. Hopefully we'll see him becoming more active on the Forum. THP has helped me enjoy the game more than I ever have, and I'm hoping he gets involved because I believe it would help his golf outlook as well.

ddec: Hope the pine needle in the eye doesn't keep us from getting out this weekend. Can't wait to see those S55's and a little SpeedBlade comparison.

Nerfny: We both wear pink, we both play Lady golf balls, and we both finish like this:
sebymeru.jpg
9uny5ape.jpg
I think we could be.....sisters?

8 out of 9 golfers (EIGHT out of NINE) traveled over two hours (4 over three hours) to play in this gathering. If that doesn't speak volumes about the quality of THP golf outings, then I don't know what would. They are just different...in a word: special. So if you're out there lurking, or just haven't made an outing yet, throw your hat in, you won't be disappointed.

I won't post all the pics I took, as a lot are duplicates of ones already posted, but here are a few:
zymuje3y.jpg
My artwork on the range.
ruje9e2y.jpg
The starter explaining how the cart GPS works, the temporary hole, and a bunch of other things I didn't listen to.
9udaqyta.jpg
5y2aha6e.jpg
Not bad for a temporary hole.

Can't wait for the next get together!

A little late to the party on this, but man that was a fun day. It was good to see familiar faces and awesome meeting a new one.

Mudflap: Rob, awesome meeting you and thanks for putting all the tee times together. Also, the burger at the bar you pointed us to (can't remember the name) was pretty darn delicious. Glad you got into the SeeMore Event and look forward to hanging in Nashville.

jt2929: Sorry to hear about your car and your 3 wood, and ultimately that you missed our gathering, but glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully you jump in on the next one.

Kobey: Awesome seeing you again. I apologize for not recognizing you in your playoff beard. That Optiforce is a beast...please don't let me hit it anymore. And I know you ended up with Miss Kitty, but when I enter "Kobey" on my phone, autocorrect wants to change it to "Money," so you've got that going for you.

amsmith61: Aaron awesome as always. Thanks for showing me that I putt better with your left-handed counter-balanced SeeMore than I do with my right-handed Si3. Also glad you liked the chicken spiedie.

Shankosaurus: Jim you are hilarious. Non stop laughs from the driving range to the burger bar. Bummed you didn't try the spiedie.

Buckbug: Another enjoyable round Allan. Glad you were feeling better this time and it showed in your game. Congrats on passing Miss Kitty and I'm really glad you got your car started afterwards. That would've been a LONG push.

SHeid787: Scott's my friend, and I'm trying to get him involved with THP. He enjoyed the round and meeting everyone. Hopefully we'll see him becoming more active on the Forum. THP has helped me enjoy the game more than I ever have, and I'm hoping he gets involved because I believe it would help his golf outlook as well.

ddec: Hope the pine needle in the eye doesn't keep us from getting out this weekend. Can't wait to see those S55's and a little SpeedBlade comparison.

Nerfny: We both wear pink, we both play Lady golf balls, and we both finish like this:
sebymeru.jpg
9uny5ape.jpg
I think we could be.....sisters?

8 out of 9 golfers (EIGHT out of NINE) traveled over two hours (4 over three hours) to play in this gathering. If that doesn't speak volumes about the quality of THP golf outings, then I don't know what would. They are just different...in a word: special. So if you're out there lurking, or just haven't made an outing yet, throw your hat in, you won't be disappointed.

I won't post all the pics I took, as a lot are duplicates of ones already posted, but here are a few:
zymuje3y.jpg
My artwork on the range.
ruje9e2y.jpg
The starter explaining how the cart GPS works, the temporary hole, and a bunch of other things I didn't listen to.
9udaqyta.jpg
5y2aha6e.jpg
Not bad for a temporary hole.

Can't wait for the next get together!

Nice recap Pete!! Really wish I could have made it.

Great recap Pete!!!

Completely agree with you in that driving 3 hours or 12 hours round trip in a 24 hour window to play with THPers is a no brainer. I feel very fortunate to have found this site that includes a great, great bunch of people.

But I do have to say that I am disappointed you didn't post the love note we left you on #13. :)

Nice recap Pete!! Really wish I could have made it.
You were missed buddy. And, knowing what you shot at Mill Creek, I think you could've gone LOW at this place.
Great recap Pete!!!

Completely agree with you in that driving 3 hours or 12 hours round trip in a 24 hour window to play with THPers is a no brainer. I feel very fortunate to have found this site that includes a great, great bunch of people.

But I do have to say that I am disappointed you didn't post the love note we left you on #13. :)

Somehow that picture got deleted off my phone. Must've been a mistake. #bastids

that course looks great.
sorry i missed it guys and gal and dean... just didn't want to make the drive.
hopefully next time.

Aaron,he did take a picture of your note! and he giggled when he saw it. Pete,nice review you did.Pleasure playing with you and Scott.Got my car fixed yesterday.................Glad to have made it home!

Back