Golf Channel Am Tour

Im hoping to play in a couple majors this year also... Hopefully they will have a couple close to my area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

There is one at the Swan Lake resort near Indy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Swan lake is a good major, played there last year and finished 3rd. Great resort, and awesome courses!

I heard they might not be going back, but it's obviously on the schedule, again. I'm still waiting on the Dove Mountain event - was told I might not hear until a few days before the event... Might make arranging travel, for reasonable costs, a bit difficult. If I don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, I think I'll cancel my registration - have no interest in dropping big dollars for airfare.

I backed into a 3rd place tie in a local event, yesterday. I started off well, but then had a bad case of the pulls set in, so I scrambled like a mad man just to avoid a blow-up score. Overall field was pretty small - I think guys have mostly checked-out for the season.

Nice work on the 3rd place finish. I can't believe folks would be checking out for the season. If the weather is good then play on, brother!!

I'm of the same mind - cold weather and snow aren't too far away, so keep playing! October 1 seems to be an official end to the season for a lot of folks around here. I'm probably going to get in one more round in October, so I need to start considering my practice options if wintry weather sets in earlier than I hope for.

Thanks for the replies about the caddy guys. Im still not sure if I will be playing in these or just trying to find and stay in a league at a club. I understand the recreational nature. My brother wouldn't be as much a 'caddy' on the course as he would a social presence and mental coach i guess. Either way I'll probably play a few and feel them out before thinking of bringing him along. thanks again.

I just talked to the wife and she said she will get me the membership fpr 2014 as a Christmas gift. I'm excited to play competitive golf for the first time

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I just talked to the wife and she said she will get me the membership fpr 2014 as a Christmas gift. I'm excited to play competitive golf for the first time

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

You'll enjoy it. The events are a lot of fun and very competitive and if you play the $20 skins game you can pick up a few $$ from time to time.

I'm kinda bummed about the GC AM Tour. They have but one event in the state of Oklahoma. GolfWeek doesn't have any.

I don't mind travelling for golf on occasion, but every event would just be too much. I'll just stick with my MGA events again this year.

I was definitely looking forward to giving this a try in 2014. Seems like a good deal for some competitive golf

Look good, feel good , play good

Finished T3 today in the first 2014 season event. Shot an 80 with 2 dbls and a couple of bad 3-putts. Winning score for my flight was 77 so I was definitely in with a chance. On the plus side, I picked up $128 in the skins game with a birdie on the first hole.

Finished T3 today in the first 2014 season event. Shot an 80 with 2 dbls and a couple of bad 3-putts. Winning score for my flight was 77 so I was definitely in with a chance. On the plus side, I picked up $128 in the skins game with a birdie on the first hole.

Congrats on the solid finish! Going to be an interesting 2014 season, as the Chicago tour director just resigned after several years at the helm. Who they choose to replace him could go a long way in determining whether I keep playing beyond the coming season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On the bright side, though, I walked away with $100 and a range pass good for 20 buckets of balls! Our tour just joined up with the First Tee to start a new fundraising program. Basically a $20 buy-in for a raffle during registration with the winner taking half the pot. We had a good sized group of golfers yesterday so the pot was decent.

Something to smile about! You've got a long way to go, I'm sure it will all get better. Good luck!

Played the first event of the 2014 season yesterday. Unfortunately I came in last in the Jones/Snead combined flight shooting my worst score EVER. I won't bore you with the disgusting details. Needless to say I'm not happy with that start to the season. I'm seriously thinking about visiting a golf pro to get some lessons with my driver (that's what killed my score yesterday). I've got 2 more events before we break for the winter and I'd like to at least turn in some respectable scores.

On the bright side, though, I walked away with $100 and a range pass good for 20 buckets of balls! Our tour just joined up with the First Tee to start a new fundraising program. Basically a $20 buy-in for a raffle during registration with the winner taking half the pot. We had a good sized group of golfers yesterday so the pot was decent.

Sorry to hear, but it happens. My first round of 2013 (last fall, too) was a true blow-up round, including a 13 on the 18th hole (I kept hitting the same drive over, and over, and over...). File this one in the garbage; you'll be ready for the next go-round.

Last edited:
Played in two fall events, placing 4th two weeks ago in my flight and winning my flight over the weekend. It was raining and 43 degrees so the win made up for the miserable conditions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played in two fall events, placing 4th two weeks ago in my flight and winning my flight over the weekend. It was raining and 43 degrees so the win made up for the miserable conditions!

Congrats! Good way to kick-off the 2014 season.

Awesome dude! I still haven't played my first event but I will soon

Anyone from Alabama here playing GC Am? I will have to travel to either Bham or Nahsville to play (2 hours either way, depending on which courses they play). I played golf week tour back in mid 2000's out of Tidewater, VA. I made it to the national championship in Myrtle Beach and choked, but it was a blast!

Such a beautiful place. Good luck and play your game!

JM

Playing in the Payne Stewart Classic at his course in Branson MO today. We've got a solid field today and this is a beautiful but tough track. Can't wait to get out there. I'll try and grab some pics and post later.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

I've seen pics of that course before...looks awesome

The stimp was at 13 last year on this course. Hoping they aren't running that fast today!

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Good luck Orange Hog, play well! Gotta rep THP!

Back