SuperStroke back orders

Floor-is

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've requested my pro-shop on the course to get me a new SuperStroke Slim3.0 about 5-6 weeks ago. They tell me they ordered it at Golfsmith the next day and are still waiting on the grips to be delivered. Now they've come up with a new story telling me that they heard from Golfsmith that a chain of golf stores has 1500 grips in back order and nothing has been delivered for at least 9-10 weeks now.

How come I don't see US shops with big "sold out" signs, why are they still being advertised heavily on eBay and such but seem to be unavailable in The Netherlands? If I'd known it would take this long I would never started tinkering with my Scotty :(

That's a real bummer to hear. I have yet to hear anything about any backorders with SS in the U.S.
If you are interested in a 2.0 I would be willing to sell that to you. Brand new still in wrapper.
Best of luck bud.

If you're truly desperate I can look for one for you here in new Zealand, even if it took a week to ship to you that'd still save you weeks of waiting?

So I've requested my pro-shop on the course to get me a new SuperStroke Slim3.0 about 5-6 weeks ago. They tell me they ordered it at Golfsmith the next day and are still waiting on the grips to be delivered. Now they've come up with a new story telling me that they heard from Golfsmith that a chain of golf stores has 1500 grips in back order and nothing has been delivered for at least 9-10 weeks now.

How come I don't see US shops with big "sold out" signs, why are they still being advertised heavily on eBay and such but seem to be unavailable in The Netherlands? If I'd known it would take this long I would never started tinkering with my Scotty :(

Also if you want, I can purchase one for you and ship it to you.

Actually, I think someone is giving you a ride. I just purchased two, last week. A Slim 3.0 and a Fatso. My wife ordered one from Golfsmith yesterday. She actually got a good price after entering a coupon code she found... shipped for $19.95. She has a tracking number so it would seem Golfsmith has and sent the grip. I have an extra, but it a slim 1.0. Brand new in plastic.

Also, the SuperStroke Store at http://www.superstrokeusa.com/store/putter-grips/slim-30.html#.Ulevx1CsjPo appears to have plenty of them at $24.99.

If you can't get it from the above and need it.... PM me, name, address, etc and we'll make it happen for you.

My clubmaker told me the same thing a while back. He said they cant keep Superstroke grips in stock because they are so popular. Best of luck...

Some how I just don't think one 1500 order would throw SS so out of kilter that this would create a 9-10 week back up in orders, I think you are having some smoke blown at you. That's what I think anyway.

Depending on size, pretty much all of the golf shops close to me have them, but they do sell them really quickly. If you tell me what size and color, I can grab one for you if it's in stock and ship it to you.

My local shop has a bunch of them in stock. Not sure what the backlog is from. They're popular and all, but how much time can it take to make and ship a grip? I guess it may depend on where they are coming from....Good luck in getting it though. Sucks you've had to wait so long.

Does sound like a long time, but there is certainly a difference between being in stock and on order. POs can take some time and certainly bigger orders are the priority to fill. Speaking only from Golfsmith experience, we place rather large POs for these as a company all the time, but it still takes week for them to be fulfilled and trickle down to the store level. The 2.0s and 3.0s are moving through constantly and we honestly can't keep enough in the company.

I would imagine smaller shops are finding it even more difficult.

Wow! All the offers to ship it to me are really awesome, thanks so much!
Shipping from the US takes quite a bit of time, but I might grab one from the bay. First contact a fitter I know if he can get it; he's got to put it on for me anyway ;)

Hi, if you need a fitter go see Marcel de Jäger. In the Netherlands.

I'm good with Hans Lemmens and Bas Brouwer to be honest.

Also: the grips should have arrived. I've ordered two, I'll keep one for spare. :)

I actually heard the same thing a while ago from local shops where I am

I asked about them a few months ago and they hadn't got any by the time the season ended. I ended up picking up one on ebay after a week of waiting

Back