2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Well it's here. Teams have begun practice, whether it was an official Midnight Madness type tipoff, or just a regular routine practice on October 15th, College Hoops is here.

It officially began for me today, as I attended the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Media Day. As always optmisim was in full force by all the coaches in the room. For the record the team I cover, Towson University was picked to finish 1st in the conference. This just two years after finishing the season 1-31. If your a alumni, student or fan of any CAA team, definitely chime in here with any thoughts.

Most teams will begin their seasons on Friday November 8th. There are lots of great stories in College Hoops this year, how will Louisville do in defending it's National Championship? Will Kentucky bounce back from it's dissapointing season? Who will rule in the ACC ? What are your thoughts on the new/old Big East?

I don't know about everyone else, but even covering the sport I have a hard time keeping up with the conference reallignments.

Not the biggest NCAA BB fan as I prefer the NBA a lot more, but this year should be exceptional. Kansas and Kentucky will both be powerhouses. I really want to go to Waco or Austin just to see Wiggins and Selden play and I am not even a KU fan. I just love great basketball!

Not the biggest NCAA BB fan as I prefer the NBA a lot more, but this year should be exceptional. Kansas and Kentucky will both be powerhouses. I really want to go to Waco or Austin just to see Wiggins and Selden play and I am not even a KU fan. I just love great basketball!
HA...I'm just the opposite, not much of an NBA fan, but there are certain teams/players I do enjoy watching.

Wiggins is going to be fun to watch. And speaking of match-ups. Kansas will host Towson on Nov 22nd, and Towson has the reigning CAA Player of The Year in Jerrelle Benimon, and was voted CAA Pre Season POY as well. It should be fun to watch them both in the same game.

I wonder if Baylor's basketball team will be able to score as many points as the football team is scoring ;)

If Duke isn't playing in Dallas in April, I will be a bit upset. Team is LOADED this year, even with losing Curry/Plumlee/Kelly off of last year's squad.

Champions Classic will be fun on November 12: Michigan State vs. Kentucky, and Duke vs. Kansas on the same night in Chicago. Parker vs. Wiggins in the second game will be the matchup that everyone will be watching.

I am a Kansas fan. Look forward to seeing KU in the Final Four again.

If Duke isn't playing in Dallas in April, I will be a bit upset. Team is LOADED this year, even with losing Curry/Plumlee/Kelly off of last year's squad.

Champions Classic will be fun on November 12: Michigan State vs. Kentucky, and Duke vs. Kansas on the same night in Chicago. Parker vs. Wiggins in the second game will be the matchup that everyone will be watching.

That very well could be the best matchup of two highly recruited players in many years.

Picturing Duke in the Final Four any year isn't too far of reach, and this is coming from a UNC fan. I'm not so sure what they will bring to table this year. The whole fiasco with PJ Hairston has left me a bit sour in the way UNC has handled it, or should I say not handled it.

I am a Kansas fan. Look forward to seeing KU in the Final Four again.
I had hoped to make it out to the KU/Towson game. But unfortunately I have plans the next day and can't travel with them. I was really looking forward to seeing a game at The Phog. It truly is one of the special venues in the country.

Being from the BBN, I can't say I'm a huge fan of Duke. For obvious reasons. But, they seem to be set talent wise and Coach K is, in my opinion, the best coach in college basketball. I will say that my UK Wildcats are primed and hungry this season. Let the season begin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I grew up a Kansas fan, but ended up going to K-State...crazy how life does that to you. Still, I'm huge Kansas basketball fan. Word is that Kansas has some more potential recuits tbat may soon sign. If this happens I'm told they could play as early as January. If this is true the Jayhawks will be reduiculous come March...even more so than now.
Looking forward to the start of the season!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pre-Season Coaches poll:

USA Today Coaches Poll
RKTEAMRECORDPTS
1Kentucky (16)0-0767
2Michigan State (3)0-0749
3Louisville (10)0-0741
4Duke (3)0-0710
5Arizona0-0637
6Kansas0-0623
7Syracuse0-0551
8Florida0-0550
9Michigan0-0548
10Ohio State0-0533
11North Carolina0-0494
12Oklahoma State0-0462
13Memphis0-0334
14Gonzaga0-0270
15Virginia Commonwealth0-0258
16Wichita State0-0233
17Marquette0-0230
18Oregon0-0175
19Connecticut0-0167
20New Mexico0-0153
21Wisconsin0-0148
22Notre Dame0-0128
23UCLA0-0121
24Indiana0-0118
25Virginia0-0103

Well it's here. Teams have begun practice, whether it was an official Midnight Madness type tipoff, or just a regular routine practice on October 15th, College Hoops is here.

It officially began for me today, as I attended the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Media Day. As always optmisim was in full force by all the coaches in the room. For the record the team I cover, Towson University was picked to finish 1st in the conference. This just two years after finishing the season 1-31. If your a alumni, student or fan of any CAA team, definitely chime in here with any thoughts.

Most teams will begin their seasons on Friday November 8th. There are lots of great stories in College Hoops this year, how will Louisville do in defending it's National Championship? Will Kentucky bounce back from it's dissapointing season? Who will rule in the ACC ? What are your thoughts on the new/old Big East?

I don't know about everyone else, but even covering the sport I have a hard time keeping up with the conference reallignments.

My team, Georgia State used to be in the CAA, but like many others we moved conferences. I am really looking forward to this season and have some high hopes for our team, but not too high b/c it is GSU after all and all we do is lose.

My team, Georgia State used to be in the CAA, but like many others we moved conferences. I am really looking forward to this season and have some high hopes for our team, but not too high b/c it is GSU after all and all we do is lose.
Yes they did, I wish them well in the Sun Belt, I think they will do well there. RJ Hunter, was phenominal as a Freshman, he wlll only get better. He seems to have no limit on his range, he can drop 3's from anywhere, and is very long and quick. I think he has a great chance to play at the next level.

1395375_10151994053584532_1611471084_n.jpg

Buckeyes 10th in polls but 3rd in a tough big 10

KU's 1st game tonight. exhibition tho
ROCK CHALK

tappin from my big as note2

A Phog has rolled into the KU campus. Beware.

559753_10152005643612962_705422421_n.jpg

More of a rant..
Freckin son of..Time Wiener & Cox s..rs are the only ones carrying the game. . I'm going to miss like the 1st 5 games!! :mad:

More of a rant..
Freckin son of..Time Wiener & Cox s..rs are the only ones carrying the game. . I'm going to miss like the 1st 5 games!! :mad:

Good thing it's just an exhibition game tonight. You'll be able to focus and bowl better this way. lol

Bulldog, it's supposed to be on ESPN3.com too, if you can get that online. Chromecast it to your TV!

The Duke game is going to be on ESPN! (The other four games are on ESPN3)

Is Chromecast something you can use with any phone, computer, service?
I have Verizon, Samsung & Directv

Bulldog, it's supposed to be on ESPN3.com too, if you can get that online. Chromecast it to your TV!

The Duke game is going to be on ESPN! (The other four games are on ESPN3)

I'm curios as to this too. I have a Samsung Smart TV, and would love to be able to see the game(s). I too, have all that Bulldog listed there.

I just don't want to get hit with a monthly fee from Verizon or anyone else

I'm curios as to this too. I have a Samsung Smart TV, and would love to be able to see the game(s). I too, have all that Bulldog listed there.

I just don't want to get hit with a monthly fee from Verizon or anyone else

You plug it into an HDMI port on your TV, and send it wireless from your Chrome browser to the TV. No fees.

Check it out: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Chromecast?id=chromecast&hl=en

You can "cast" one of your tabs to the TV, and continue to use your laptop.

Smalls, have to order online or can you get @ like best buy?

Smalls, have to order online or can you get @ like best buy?

Took the question right out of my mouth?

So Smalls...sorry to be ignorant, but for the ESPN3 games, I just insert this Chromecast into the HDMI on my TV, then pull up the game on ESPN3.Com, then how clicking, manuvering etc is required for it to transmit to the TV? I've heard of this but didn't realize it coudl be this simple.

Back