Used golf club shaft

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I came across a Matrix Ozik 6Q3 Stiff shaft on craigslist. I was wondering if there was anyway to tell if a shaft has been damaged just by looking at it. This is a great deal on the shaft if it is "new" as it says in the post.

I just want to know if there are any tell tale signs of damage or excessive wear to where it would affect the performance of the shaft.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If it's new, it should be uncut and maybe still in the plastic sheath. Or is it a pull?

In terms of wear, I guess I'd look closely for any cracks and make sure the tip was in good shape.

He said it was uncut and still in the plastic...I am not 100% sure if this is the shaft for me but it is almost too good of a deal to pass up

I will say that counterfeit shafts are out there. Not sure how you'll know for sure, but good luck either way!

I will say that counterfeit shafts are out there. Not sure how you'll know for sure, but good luck either way!
Take a photo of the butt end of shaft. If the shaft is new, it will have all of the markings. Post a photo. I'll look at my stock, and should be able to tell if it is genuine.

Thanks for the help guys...I was able to swing this shaft in another driver at Golfsmith from their used section and it was a little too stiff for me...wish it would have for me...it was a great deal

Exactly how good a deal was it?

Back