Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest - earlier in the week I was having serious doubts about playing on 11/2 or 11/3 at Hickory Stick. Now, I am feeling much better about our chances. Are we thinking 11/3 at this point??

I think 11/3 was better for more people from what I remember.

I think 11/3 was better for more people from what I remember.

Sounds good to me, just have to check with Mother Nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/3 is a Sunday.Perfect!

hey guys, been a few days since I have had a chance to sit down and pontificate. thru-way series is a great idea, maybe break it into months, May could syracus area, june could be Rochester, july could be buffalo area, then aug, sept,oct can rotate again, maybe try for same time during the month, like the third weekend ( or what ever works best for everyone) I like the sound of mini tour rather than league!!!! lol we could have 2 awards, one a serious award for winners and maybe a t-way only "Hello Kitty" award.

this is for aaron. I enjoyed our match very much, and you are right, extra holes was very possible if a few of your putts went in! I had a great time on just a "pick up" game at the last minute, look forward to many more!!

as for playing to see who pays for dinner.....did I hear Garbage Plate?????????

as for "fighting over who gets Maddog"...if aarron hit the ball the way he did at salmon creek with my short game that day and we were a 2 man scramble...game over for the rest of the field!!!!!

just one more thought to toss out before I have to get ready to go to work, allan brought up a great idea about sponsors, maybe some of the golf courses we might use can give us a break on greens fees and advertise at there location so we can get more members on the site and expand the group....just a thought...I can approach the pro at le roy cc, will let everyone know how I make out with that.

Sorry, i's been a while since I've been on THP with all the school crap happening and there's not a whole lot to talk about with the season ending. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm not dead.

Sorry, i's been a while since I've been on THP with all the school crap happening and there's not a whole lot to talk about with the season ending. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm not dead.

Glad to hear you are not dead!

as for "fighting over who gets Maddog"...if aarron hit the ball the way he did at salmon creek with my short game that day and we were a 2 man scramble...game over for the rest of the field!!!!!

I completely agree with this and would take Maddog on my team anytime. Just have to deal with his constant reminding that he is caring me. :)

Thanks again for the impromptu bunker lesson. Very enlightening.

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

this is for aaron. I enjoyed our match very much, and you are right, extra holes was very possible if a few of your putts went in! I had a great time on just a "pick up" game at the last minute, look forward to many more!!

Mike - I had a blast with the match play and look forward to doing it again soon..

I will say this much - this past summer, I got to play rounds with guys who have two of the best short games I have been around - Maddog701 and ddec.

Going to keep picking your brain on that short game Maddog..

I can also see Jimmy rolling his eyes saying " you didn't just put this in writing did you"? :)

I was just checking out the forecast for next week and I am getting excited for Hickory Stick!!!

Me too. What tee-times should I shoot for for you guys since you've got a little longer drive.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Me too. What tee-times should I shoot for for you guys since you've got a little longer drive.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I say get something right around 11 or noon. Day will be at its warmest and we will still have more then enough light.

I say get something right around 11 or noon. Day will be at its warmest and we will still have more then enough light.

Will do. Gonna need a head count so anyone that is in let me know ASAP.
Confirmed so far:
amsmith61
BuckBug
moosejaa

Unfortunately I won't be making that one. I have to work over night Sat and Sun which means Sunday into Monday will be a 16.5 hour day of work. Sorry boys. Wish I could make it.

Unfortunately I won't be making that one. I have to work over night Sat and Sun which means Sunday into Monday will be a 16.5 hour day of work. Sorry boys. Wish I could make it.

That's a bummer, Jimmy.

I can't make it either. Not that I don't want to, I just think the travel I have to do the weekend after trumps it.

I know...dry your eyes.

I can't make it either. Not that I don't want to, I just think the travel I have to do the weekend after trumps it.

I know...dry your eyes.

You will always be missed, although the course is on reservation land and I don't think they allow the #sexyballflight.

I wanna play Sunday,somewhere!

Don't forget that is the day after the time change... will be dark significantly earlier.

I know...dry your eyes.

C'mon, you don't want to drive 6(?) hours? Seriously though, wish you could make it.

Don't forget that is the day after the time change... will be dark significantly earlier.

Didn't think of that, thanks. Probably should change that to between 10-11 then.

Thanks Jim............could've been serious results playing "in the dark". Andy.glad you took note of this potential catastrophe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back