Which bag (in the UK) totally confussed

markiejt

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

I am long time reader of these forums but this is my first post due to an inability to make up my mind on a new bag :(

I have been playing the game now for 5 months and currently have the Callaway x hot irons & woods (I have 12 clubs in all at the moment) and I have lessons each week. I hit about 100 on average on my par 69 course.

So currently I have a Callaway 14 org stand bag... when I bought this I didn't have a cart and was planning on carrying all my rounds, this idea didn't last long and I bought a clicgear 3.5 and since I have not carried in 4 months!

Now my plan was to by the B3 bag to match my cart but looking at some posts people have complained of small pockets and no putter holder. This led me to look at others like the sun mountain c130 which I have read has issues on the clicgear trolley but has larger pockets and putter tube. I then started to notice the "silence" bags like the Bennington, Bag Boy but the availability in the UK is poor for these and to me (never seen in person) they don't look great. I had a look on the American Golf site and could see the Big Max Silencio Cart Bag. I tried google but could not find any info on this bag - does anyone own this bag or know of any reviews etc or how the clubs fit in?

Can anyone give me a idea on what bag to get (I'm in the UK) Am I miss guided on any of the ones above? I did see the callaway X series bag however I would prefer to keep to a non club branded bag as I imagine I will start to fill the last 2 spots in my bag and they possibly wont be Callaway.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Let me know if you need any info :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the bag brand matching the clubs in it

I have the Adams Tech Lock bag which sits well on the trolley and has decent size pockets. It is all down to personal preference and what you like the look of

Unfortunately I think here in the UK we don't get quite as much choice as others, or the chance to get hands on looks at bags before we make a decision

Welcome Aboard Markie! Where you play? For our weather, and a push cart, a Sun Mountain H2NO is just the thing. It really is waterproof, good pocket selection and Sun Mountain don't make clubs...so you will always match! You can get retail on all the usual UK sites and direct from Sun Mountain in UK....

This might be a stupid question? are not all bags water proof? my current bag has a rain hood at the top.. and looking at all the bags they all have rain hoods also?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

Also has anyone seen the big max?

This might be a stupid question? are not all bags water proof? my current bag has a rain hood at the top.. and looking at all the bags they all have rain hoods also?

Not a stupid question...but maybe a surprising answer. Most bags are shower proof. Most of the branded bags will NOT keep real rain out. So, clothes in the pockets will get wet. Spare gloves will get soaked. If you are a smoker, then your smokes will soon become a soggy sludge of paper and tobacco....

3 options.
1. If it is proper raining, go to bed/to clubhouse bar.
2. Accept everything in bag will get wet
3. Get a waterproof bag

Just had a look at the h2no and not sure its for me... it looks a bit small about same size as my current bag. It also doesn't have the added extras such as cooler pockets. maybe i am being picky but i was looking to get a large bag. For when i go out to do 36 holes...

I like the look of the ogia chamber and big max silencio but cant see any reviews or comments on them.. they look big in the pictures on the sites but not seen any on carts to get the full preportions :-(

Oh to add I'm 29 and fairly healthy so weight shouldn't be an issue

Just had a look at the h2no and not sure its for me... it looks a bit small about same size as my current bag. It also doesn't have the added extras such as cooler pockets. maybe i am being picky but i was looking to get a large bag. For when i go out to do 36 holes...

I like the look of the ogia chamber and big max silencio but cant see any reviews or comments on them.. they look big in the pictures on the sites but not seen any on carts to get the full preportions :-(

Mark...I'll go have a look at mine...and come back to you. I can tell you it's pretty big!

Oh to add I'm 29 and fairly healthy so weight shouldn't be an issue

Ok. Just did a quick compare...

1. I spend way too much on golf gear!:beauty:
2. The H2NO cart bag has:
14 dividers full length. 2 side pockets that I use for drinks. (Two small bottles per pocket). 2 full length pockets for clothes. (1 section inside for wet clothes) 1 lined valuables pocket. 1 big ball pocket. 1 pocket for tees etc. 1 pocket I haven't used. Lots of rings to hang stuff off. So pretty big. More than enough space for wet weather gear, warm gear, sun glasses, sun cream, snow shoes....

if you are looking for bigger than that, then I think you are in Staff bag territory. There are loads of threads here on staff bags. Some love em...some don't. They are the ones that you see the caddies carrying on TV. On most push carts, you will not have full access to all the pockets, and they do not usually have 14 dividers, my staff bag has 3.

The new Motocaddy and Powakaddy bags are pretty sizeable.

I have had Ogio bags, and they are pretty good. Search the forum and you will find some threads on them.

Big max. Seen a few of the trolleys, but not the bags.

I'v got the callaway X-series trolley bag, great bag, plenty of pockets, large cooler pocket...etc etc...and comes with a integral raincover as well as a rainhood, looks great in black/silver, the other possibility I would look at is the sun mountain sync bag, another is the Nike performance cart bag, if your looking at a bag that's good for carrying in the winter and trolley in the summer, sun mountain four 5 is always a good bet...

I have the Motocaddy pro series which is waterproof and big. Putter hole, umbrella strap and holder, loads of pockets and two large clothes pockets, cooler pocket (OK rarely needed here), lined valuables holder and plenty of space for all sorts of things. Pricey though.

Brits appearing everywhere! Welcome! Hope to see some/all of you at the next Uk get together...:blob:

Welcome to THP! I'm sure the THPers from the UK can steer you in the right direction for your acquisitions over there.

Cheers for the welcome..

I think I might go down to the American golf store near here as my local shop only sells the branded bags like nike etc.

Hopefully they will have some of the Sunmountain for me to have a look at

Just been to american golf.. they are ordering in the big max Silencio and the Big Max aqua dry for me to look at so should get to see them next week.

Had a look at the H2NO - didnt really like the way it looked (which might be the wrong reason not to buy). I did see the motocaddy and powercaddy bags which I liked a lot as they are the kind of size I am looking for.

Ill update next week.

Just been to american golf.. they are ordering in the big max Silencio and the Big Max aqua dry for me to look at so should get to see them next week.

Had a look at the H2NO - didnt really like the way it looked (which might be the wrong reason not to buy). I did see the motocaddy and powercaddy bags which I liked a lot as they are the kind of size I am looking for.

Ill update next week.

Good stuff. Sounds like progress. As for looks, you are the one pushing it about, so better one that you like than one you don't!

As for the waterproofing, depends on you too. I go out in all weather, so the waterproof thing is important to me. one alternative to a waterproof bag is a trolley cover - sort of a mac for your bag. The big trolley makers have them or you can get generic ones on Amazon etc

Don't forget to hunt the bag you choose down on the internet, AG price match everybody....as long as its UK obviously..lol

years later and still not much info to be found on the silencio. i just ordered the silencio 2 for 141+65(shipping)BPS from golfonline.co.uk, so I guess I'll give a quick review when it gets here. if anyone knows of any english language or even good google translate reviews of that bag I'd love to see one.

Welcome Aboard Markie! Where you play? For our weather, and a push cart, a Sun Mountain H2NO is just the thing. It really is waterproof, good pocket selection and Sun Mountain don't make clubs...so you will always match! You can get retail on all the usual UK sites and direct from Sun Mountain in UK....

Another vote for the H2NO.

Back