TM R9 TP Irons Vs. TM RAC MB TP Smoke Irons

GMDNP1

Reaction score
Handicap
SCRTCH/0
long title but the exact info I need. has THP reviewed each of these sets of irons? JB if u have personally hit both of these irons how do they compare? which ones do u prefer/why? and if anyone has any info likes/dislikes on the TM TP Smoke irons I'd appreciate it.

The RAC MB's are still in their lineup, but are not in production anymore. I own a set because I played them for a season based on the fact that I love the looks. You really cannot compare these two iron sets in my mind. One is a Muscle Back and the other is a "foam filled" players cavity. They are extremely different in just about every way other than the TP logo.

Interesting comparision. The MB Smoke is the last true players club from TM. The R9 TP is the best us mortals in the US market can get. I know they have the Burner TP in Japan, other "B" versions and a possible R9 forged club but, the R9 TP may be the highest performance club we get this year.

Interesting comparision. The MB Smoke is the last true players club from TM. The R9 TP is the best us mortals in the US market can get. I know they have the Burner TP in Japan, other "B" versions and a possible R9 forged club but, the R9 TP may be the highest performance club we get this year.

...which is a crying shame...I'm looking for the burner tp asian issue heads in teh shops now (seeing as how I'm in Asia)...maybe I'll get lucky but I heard the first run sold out already and the next release will be in February...I just want to see one; pretty happy with my clubs...

The RAC MB's are still in their lineup, but are not in production anymore. I own a set because I played them for a season based on the fact that I love the looks. You really cannot compare these two iron sets in my mind. One is a Muscle Back and the other is a "foam filled" players cavity. They are extremely different in just about every way other than the TP logo.

I understand the specifications of the clubs aren't the same that's not what I was asking. have u written a review of the RAC MBs? I was more or less asking about the feel. sweet spot strengths compared to one another. miss hits results compared to one another and sound coming of the club compared to one another. not the cosmetics or specifications of the clubs next time I'll be more specific.

The feel is slightly softer for me on the MBs. However I find the feel of the R9s when well struck to be one of the best around. The R9s are also far more forgiving.

JB would u be interested in selling yours? or do u know anyone that has a set there looking to part with?

I am not interested in getting rid of my set. Sorry. They were a gift.

that's alright I had to ask. if u hear anyone looking to get rid of a set please send them my way.

smokes are more blade-like
R9 TP's are more so GI (Game enhancement really)

Back