Anybody got any sweet new gear, gonna ski/ride a new mountain this season, or just super stoked to get on the board(s)? I'm gonna be skiing Mt. Baker this season for the first time - big change of pace from Snowbird, but they usually get a ton of snow and it'll be nice to avoid the crowds.

Bought a new pair of Blizzard Bonafides with some Knee bindings. I'm hoping for some early serious snow so I can get out there and try them.

Kept my old Volkl Five Stars for hardpack/ rock skis. Still nothing grips like those Volkls.

Planning on some serious ski time at Killington/Pico this year.

Less than a month till ski season in earnest. I can hardly wait!!!

I don't ski, but I'm a big snowboarder. Ski resorts just opened up here, but I'm not in winter mode yet as we have had a lot of 60 degree days recently. I try and hit the slopes though on days where we get a couple feet of the good stuff.

I am starting to plan my winter ski trips and am getting totally amped. Looks like we will hit Tahoe in January and the annual Park City trip in late February. Might do a long weekend somewhere else too (not sure yet though).

Dumping at Mt. Baker right now, so close I can taste it.

Still less than 1 foot at the top of Mt. Ashland. Ugh.

Looks like 20+cm tomorrow for the hill a couple hours away. Right now, the plan is to be up early Thursday for the first go at it this season. Really pumped.

Just saw this thread, very cool thread. I will be heading to Wolf Creek, Co. over new years. I love me some pow pow. Can't wait!

Been a couple times in WV in the past. I am not very good but I really enjoy being out there. I hope to get back this year.

going to a small mountain in a little bit. First time going in a couple of years. Should be a good night to get back in to it.

Looking like 5 - 10 inches are possible at Mt. Baker by Saturday morning. Shaping up to be a decent day. We really need the snow to pick up, it's a slow year so far for us. Usually at least one or two good powder days by now, but the rocks aren't even covered on the steeps yet!

20 minutes from my house :clapp:

Snowbird last week:

Today, getting rocked:

20 minutes from my house :clapp:

Snowbird last week:

Jealous!! Lived in Salt Lake the past 2 years and skied all season at the Bird both years. Greatest skiing time of my life! Up here in WA Baker usually gets a ton of snow, but it's not as light and dry as that wonderful Utah cold smoke.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants to move back solely because of Little Cottonwood Canyon!

Had this all day. Barely anyone there. Great first day of the year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387489814714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387489814714.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
Jealous!! Lived in Salt Lake the past 2 years and skied all season at the Bird both years. Greatest skiing time of my life! Up here in WA Baker usually gets a ton of snow, but it's not as light and dry as that wonderful Utah cold smoke.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants to move back solely because of Little Cottonwood Canyon!

If you like to ski, bike and/or climb, its not a bad place to live :bashful:. It does have some unique cultural phenomena (as do many places around the country), but you get used to it.

Love WA by the way. I really like Seattle. We usually visit once every 2 years.

I am getting some new boards mounted up this week. Super excited to let 'em fly on the hill.

Last edited:
If you like to ski, bike and/or climb, its not a bad place to live :bashful:. It does have some unique cultural phenomena (as do many places around the country), but you get used to it.

Love WA by the way. I really like Seattle. We usually visit once every 2 years.

I am getting some new boards mounted up this week. Super excited to let 'em fly on the hill.

Hah, understatement of the century. Golf ain't bad either! The heavy Mormon influence never really bothered me as much as some; the alcohol laws were the only thing that got on my nerves, and even those I got used to pretty quick.

WA is awesome, it's kind of the same way here, just absolute gobs of outdoor stuff to do, and Seattle is totally an awesome city. I just lament the loss of super dry Utah pow in favor of Cascade concrete hahaha

Sounds awesome dude, gotta love getting new boards - what you get? I'm still riding my rock skis right now, we've had a bit of a slow start up here unfortunately...but we do get over 700" ON AVERAGE and had almost 1200" the '98-'99 season, so I'm thinking we'll be ok!

Had this all day. Barely anyone there. Great first day of the year.

Lucky duck! That is awesome man, I love when it's like that.

Looking like 5 - 10 inches are possible at Mt. Baker by Saturday morning. Shaping up to be a decent day. We really need the snow to pick up, it's a slow year so far for us. Usually at least one or two good powder days by now, but the rocks aren't even covered on the steeps yet!

Love to hear that! Been following Baker's snow reports cuz their weather seems to hit us a few days after. Bring it on!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

So far so good for the East Coast & slush!

Also looking like a short day at work for me tomorrow so ill be getting to tear into some of my secret pow stashes at Snowmass. We haven't had an early season this good in years. Can't remember the last time I got in deep before new years. Only downside is that I'm not in good enough shape to really take full advantage

Lucky duck! That is awesome man, I love when it's like that.

The only downside was that there was only 6 or 7 runs open so by the afternoon it got a little boring, but no lines and good conditions. I can overlook that haha.

Yeah baby! Driving to work in a blizzard! Pow turns after work!

Yeah baby! Driving to work in a blizzard! Pow turns after work!

Curse you!! We drove to work in snow as well, but won't have enough snow for deep pow turns tomorrow :( Should still have some pretty solid conditions though, so I'm psyched!

Sounds awesome dude, gotta love getting new boards - what you get? I'm still riding my rock skis right now, we've had a bit of a slow start up here unfortunately...but we do get over 700" ON AVERAGE and had almost 1200" the '98-'99 season, so I'm thinking we'll be ok!

I am moving from the Armada JJ (which will now be my rock skis) to 2014 Black Diamond Amperage, which is much improved over the 2012-2013 Amperage.

I am moving from the Armada JJ (which will now be my rock skis) to 2014 Black Diamond Amperage, which is much improved over the 2012-2013 Amperage.

Those BD's look awesome, light and fat is perfect for the Bird. Riding on my old Dynastar 6th Sense Slicers right now, and will bust out my Line Influence 105's when it gets a little deeper.

Back