Status
Not open for further replies.
i think im going to the range tomorrow after i mess with my boat

The more I read about the Apex parts I really want them. Just might have to give the shop a call and let'er rip tater chip.

I really recommend the Duty/carry kit, and the AEK polymer trigger. The polymer trigger looks better and is way cheaper. An aluminum trigger just looks like an aluminum trigger in a polymer gun, save the cash and get the polymer haha. I seriously believe S&W should be selling these guns like this already. With all my upgrades, it really is much more accurate, and kicks the ass of my friend's glock 22 and 23.

I really recommend the Duty/carry kit, and the AEK polymer trigger. The polymer trigger looks better and is way cheaper. An aluminum trigger just looks like an aluminum trigger in a polymer gun, save the cash and get the polymer haha. I seriously believe S&W should be selling these guns like this already. With all my upgrades, it really is much more accurate, and kicks the ass of my friend's glock 22 and 23.

Randy at APEX Tactical has really hit the ball out of the park when it comes the the whole M&P line with his upgrades.

Now with S&W making some changes to barrel twist (9mm 1:18 to 1:10) and some changes to the sear, and slide lock lever the factory M&P's are almost perfect for what they are.

Wish we had a shop around here that would do all those installs for those costs.

Randy at APEX Tactical has really hit the ball out of the park when it comes the the whole M&P line with his upgrades.

Now with S&W making some changes to barrel twist (9mm 1:18 to 1:10) and some changes to the sear, and slide lock lever the factory M&P's are almost perfect for what they are.

Wish we had a shop around here that would do all those installs for those costs.

I got really lucky here, the other local store wanted 180 for the APEX duty kit install, and I didn't even want to ask how much for the trigger. They charged me a little more on the trigger because their distributor doesn't carry it yet and they had to order from brownells, but still, i paid less than $150 for both things

The installs are really easy. It took me about 20 minutes.

I just don't like taking thins apart haha, I suck at putting them back together

The hardest part for me (in doing any modification) was convincing myself that the pistol is much tougher than it looks, and it can handle a bit of ham-fisted tinkering.

they had 150rd boxes of 556 at walmart today for $69 and i didnt have money... sucks

That sucks. I wish I could send you some of my reloads. I never shoot my AR anymore so I'm basically stockpiling. I'll build a 100 or so every once in a while. My recipe costs $.24 per round and $.31 per round if you include brass. Doesn't save a ton but I can have them anytime I want. We're starting to see more .223 on the shelves up here. Not a ton of the cheap factory reloaded stuff I shot pre sandy hook but it's getting better. The last time I was in the guns store they had 1000 round cases of 9mm, 40SW, and .223. I thought about the 9mm because the price was decent at $250.

well, going to start trying out appendix carry this week. Been loosing weight, and have more to go, but i have a MP9c and a MP Shield that give me great options to try it out.

I am definitely a fan of appendix carry. Everything in front of you for (IMHO) the best control.

well, going to start trying out appendix carry this week. Been loosing weight, and have more to go, but i have a MP9c and a MP Shield that give me great options to try it out.

Tried it a couple times with a PF9 and Remora holster but couldn't get used to it. Digs too much when sitting.

just got back from the range and ran thru 3 mags
90rds dont hurt as much when you still have a ton of ammo stashed lol
then i went to wallyworld and got 3 boxes of ammo... so im only short a box and a half

Our local Academy had loads of ammo. .22 as well. Glad to see it coming back!

same here, no real shortage of ammo, seeing 100 round packs of .45 for 38 bucks at wal-marts too, which is great as i have been running my 1911 a lot lately.

Send some .22 ammo this way! I still haven't seen any .22 ammo on store shelves since last September.
Not that I don't still have a decent supply, but I always like to be adding more than I'm shooting.

The other ammo I'm having trouble finding are my trusty Remington Core Lokt's in 150 grain .308. I've got enough for hunting season, but definitely would like to have another box or two on hand.

I've been surprised at the lack of .308 vs. a lot 30-06 myself. Is it normal to see 3x the choices and qty in 30-06 compared to .308? I've only been paying attention in the last year, so maybe this is the norm based on hunting demand.

I've been surprised at the lack of .308 vs. a lot 30-06 myself. Is it normal to see 3x the choices and qty in 30-06 compared to .308? I've only been paying attention in the last year, so maybe this is the norm based on hunting demand.

Yes it's normal. 30-06 has been one of the most popular sporting rounds for a century. It may be slightly more versatile than the .308 and it has more options. Few load the heaviest bullets in the .308 as they perform a little better in 30-06 cases. .308 rifles with high-powered scopes and long barrels that can double as varmint guns are less common than in 30-06, so their just is less demand for as much variety in the .308.

Plus 308 has a military clone. And quite a few people use them for target shooting yet.

looks like walmart lifted their 3 box per customer limit cuz i just went in there and snagged 6 boxes of ammo

looks like walmart lifted their 3 box per customer limit cuz i just went in there and snagged 6 boxes of ammo

Still not around here and still no .22LR either.

Still not around here and still no .22LR either.
yeah 22lr is tough and so is 9mm but the rest is rebounding nicely as long as all these idiots stop shooting up airports and stuff

sports academy near me, usually has 9mm,223/556, 45, 40 a plenty now, and no restrictions. I usually stop by once or twice a week and pic up a few boxes of 9mm, 45, and 556

well. virginia has now fallen. as of yesterday it was a gold star gun state with full preemption across the board.
today we have an anti 2nd amendment governor sitting in office.
to all concerned. i regret to inform you that all of my guns and ammunition met a tragic and untimely demise when my rowboat capsized in a tsunami and caught fire right before sinking from the tidal wave. i miraculously survived the ordeal unscathed but not my bare arms.
so please dont knock on my door looking for any weapons unless you want to confiscate my tsa approved nail cutters

sincerely and thank you, an unarmed defenseless citizen

well. virginia has now fallen. as of yesterday it was a gold star gun state with full preemption across the board.
today we have an anti 2nd amendment governor sitting in office.
to all concerned. i regret to inform you that all of my guns and ammunition met a tragic and untimely demise when my rowboat capsized in a tsunami and caught fire right before sinking from the tidal wave. i miraculously survived the ordeal unscathed but not my bare arms.
so please dont knock on my door looking for any weapons unless you want to confiscate my tsa approved nail cutters

sincerely and thank you, an unarmed defenseless citizen

I am from the mountains of VA, I don't care what they say they are not getting mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back