Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotta talk in here today boys! I love it! Played well on the Sim today.

1 under 35.

3 birdies
4 pars
2 bogeys

16 putts caused me to struggle.

Side note we have Sunday the 15th blocked from 1-6 and once we definitely figure out which 4 hour slot we want we will be good to go!

Last edited:
Here's a few pictures!
u7ahehu2.jpg
6u5uzy6u.jpg
4usyheju.jpg
anesu9uh.jpg

Side note we have Sunday the 12th blocked from 1-6 and once we definitely figure out which 4 hour slot we want we will be good to go!
Sunday the 15th you mean?

Sunday the 15th you mean?

Yuppers! I edited that post. Don't wanna cause crazy confusion. I think I meant to writer 12/15 and just wrote 12th.

got my butt kicked on the sim....shot 42 w/ 4 three putts.....jimmy played well....he should, you know how all the young kids love the video games...lol....

if it is windy this weekend maybe twin hills in stead of mill creek ?

got my butt kicked on the sim....shot 42 w/ 4 three putts.....jimmy played well....he should, you know how all the young kids love the video games...lol....

Twin Hills would work as well. Will be about $10-15 to play there. Mill Creek will be about $28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin Hills would work as well. Will be about $10-15 to play there. Mill Creek will be about $28.

Either place is ok, just let me know

And high 40's is a lot different than high 30's. I don't enjoy playing golf when I have to dress like the Michelin Man to survive.

And high 40's is a lot different than high 30's. I don't enjoy playing golf when I have to dress like the Michelin Man to survive.

Allan, I think that Michelin man comment was a shot at you :) Aaron and I just had long sleeves and a vest on most of the round.

You have a white snowmobile suit?! :)

Ten degrees higher with the sun is going to feel like a heat wave. :)

Allan, I think that Michelin man comment was a shot at you :) Aaron and I just had long sleeves and a vest on most of the round.
Yeah,I felt like that little kid in"Christmas Story"with the snowsuit on(he couldn't even put his arms down)! and I was still cold,stupid Canadien blood!

If putting on the sims is anything like I remember then I would treat every hole like a punched green and make it a 2 putt max. Plus I've seen you putt on the course, I doubt you had 4 3-putts all year. I'll give you a 38 :)

If putting on the sims is anything like I remember then I would treat every hole like a punched green and make it a 2 putt max. Plus I've seen you putt on the course, I doubt you had 4 3-putts all year. I'll give you a 38 :)

If that's the case he still loses by 3 :)

If that's the case he still loses by 3 :)

True, but a little less of a butt-kicking...helps the pride :)
Not trying to take anything away from your win or your 35 of course, very impressive!

Here's a question for anybody on this thread in regard to the bounce angle on wedges. I seem to find myself often digging under the ball with my wedges, especially in wet conditions like the other day. Reading up on this it says a higher bounce is good for this and any other less firm conditions. I'm considering looking for some high bounce wedges. Just wondering what other people use and why and if you think it makes much difference. Thanks

Found some good comments on another thread http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?10404-Wedge-Bounce but feel free to weigh in anyways.

Here's a question for anybody on this thread in regard to the bounce angle on wedges. I seem to find myself often digging under the ball with my wedges, especially in wet conditions like the other day. Reading up on this it says a higher bounce is good for this and any other less firm conditions. I'm considering looking for some high bounce wedges. Just wondering what other people use and why and if you think it makes much difference. Thanks

Found some good comments on another thread http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?10404-Wedge-Bounce but feel free to weigh in anyways.

I'll weigh in once I get home behind my laptop. I never really paid much attention to bounce until I bought my vokey's and why Jim the pro from Chili recommended them for me.

Andy - I am like Jimmy and want to check what bounce I have at home in my Vokeys. I have been pretty happy with how my Vokeys have handled from really wet ground to hard, dry ground. At times I have had some issues with getting under them, but I believe that has come down to weight distribution on my part.

I am also replacing my wedges this offseason, so I am going to pay particularly close attention to the bounce this time around.

Andy,I'll show you what I've been taught in the morning. Opening the club face allows the "bounce"of the club to be used in a fashion that won't let that edge dig in.That's what it's supposed to do when you utilize the design of the club.I'm sure they're pretty much similiar(I use Cleveland wedges myself) but Titlest,Hopkins and the rest all should react pretty close. Carrying 3-4 wedges in your bag gives you the diversity to adapt to many situations,depending on the lie and distance.

Andy - I am like Jimmy and want to check what bounce I have at home in my Vokeys. I have been pretty happy with how my Vokeys have handled from really wet ground to hard, dry ground. At times I have had some issues with getting under them, but I believe that has come down to weight distribution on my part.

I am also replacing my wedges this offseason, so I am going to pay particularly close attention to the bounce this time around.

Can I have your"old"ones?

Andy, as far as bounce goes I think what Allan said is very useful and pretty much what Jim explained to me as well. He also explained to me that sole grinds are just as important as degrees of bounce. As far as what I have it goes like this...

My 52* has 8* of bounce with a full sole. This is considered medium to high bounce on Vokey's website. I prefer the full sole on this club because I use my 52* more for full shots. Meaning 90-110 yards, I'm taking a full swing with the 52*

My 56* has 11* of bounce with a "M" grind sole. Again considered medium to high, but because of the grind I can get away with 3/4-full shots but I can also opening it up.

My 60* has 4* of bounce with a "L" grind sole. This is considered low bounce, but it makes it easier for me to open the club and create more bounce making it easy for me for sand shots and sliding the club under the ball from the rough. When I chip with it from the fairway I don't open it, play the ball back in my stance and create forward shaft lean.

This is all just what I have become comfortable with my game. I may be completely wrong with my explanations but it's how I use em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back