Tell us which course is your Home course

American Lake Veterans Golf Course is my Home course (alvetsgolfcourse.com), when I'm in Washington. Toka Stix (http://www.tokasticksgolf.com), when I winter in Mesa, AZ. I started playing golf at Toka, back in March and look forward to returning in mid November.

Recently moved to SW Oklahoma. Not many golf courses around here, but Quartz Mountain Golf Course (just north of Altus, OK) is what I now consider my "home" course. It has a really scenic setting, but the course itself isn't maintained all that well. If you are here from out of town just remember that this is one of the driest places in the U.S. so watering fairways, tee boxes, and greens isn't necessarily priority #1.

Methven Golf Club, mid Canterbury, New Zealand. It's not a very long course, only plays about 6400yards? Only 3 par 5's and one very short par 3 at 130yards. Very small fairways and lots of them are tree lined. Beautiful views of Mt Hutt ski field from every hole. Best of all, only nz$400 per year and that allows me unlimited rounds. Being a back country course it's never busy and it's always easy to just walk on.
http://www.methvengolf.co.nz/index.html

A lot of great looking courses, really like the looks of Heritage Golf Links.

Just registered with THP. Looking forward to information overload. Two home courses. San Juan Island Golf & Country Club in Friday Harbor, WA - smack dab in the middle of the beautiful San Juan Islands of Washington State. During our winters, Wairakei International Golf Club, Taupo, New Zealand (it is summer there).

Balcones Country Club in Austin, Texas.

Just registered with THP. Looking forward to information overload. Two home courses. San Juan Island Golf & Country Club in Friday Harbor, WA - smack dab in the middle of the beautiful San Juan Islands of Washington State. During our winters, Wairakei International Golf Club, Taupo, New Zealand (it is summer there).

Love the San Juans - I live up in Bellingham. Jealous that you spend summers in NZ - I want to visit there terribly!

My home course at this point is probably Lake Padden Golf Course in Bellingham, closest course to where I live and it's a solid, typical Northwest type layout. Tree lined on every hole - runs through an old growth forest. Not too long or tough, but you can't be all over the place off the tee or it will bite you.

Methven Golf Club, mid Canterbury, New Zealand. It's not a very long course, only plays about 6400yards? Only 3 par 5's and one very short par 3 at 130yards. Very small fairways and lots of them are tree lined. Beautiful views of Mt Hutt ski field from every hole. Best of all, only nz$400 per year and that allows me unlimited rounds. Being a back country course it's never busy and it's always easy to just walk on.

Wow Clint, those views are gorgeous. Looks like a solid little course, and wow is that cheap!

Ironwood golf course in Wauseon, OH. Its fairly long but a pretty easy layout.

Absolutely gorgeous and great price for membership to boot.

Currently in between having a home course. Ended my membership this year at Preswick Country Club, as the clubhouse was a bit outdated and course kept less than expected. Next home course on the horizon is Firestone Country Club. Just need to talk my wife into it. Selling point...inground pool at home for her and kids and Firestone for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Bidwell Park Golf Course in Chico, CA. City course. Beautiful trees and scenery. Average course condition. With my Chico State Faculty ID it's $12 to walk. Can't beat that.

TeeYardageRatingSlope
Back Tees636370.4127
Middle Tees599168.8121
Forward Tees544071.2121

Greens can get a little slow and a few just aren't built right. Course sup puts too much water on it in the summer.

Overall, probably not challenging enough, but can't beat the price.

I don't really feel like I have a "home course" anymore. I've had memberships at three different courses. My hometown course, Hiawatha Country Club. It's a just a little nine hole, par 36 course.

The Club at Stone Ridge here in Great Bend, KS. This one is the best in our area, but it's a flat 18 hole, Par 71 and just under 6400 yards from the back tees.

Then I was also a member at Lake Barton Golf Club just north of Great Bend. That's a VERY short 18 hole, Par 70 and just over 5500 yards from the back tees.

Home course for me is Arsenal Island Golf Course, Rock Island, Illinois. 6,254 from the whites and 6,585 from the blues. LOTS of trees, so fairways are a must, and course management is key! Although not one of the longer courses in the Quad Cities, I think it is one of the toughest. I'd even go as far to say that it's tougher than TPC Deere Run. Here's the link: http://www.arsenalislandgolf.com/

Nick

Home course is Royal Cinque Ports, a classic links.
Country membership at Worplesdon a classic heath.
Overseas at Flossmoor, IL a classic parkland!

Back