Golf Style for Big N Tall

baldguy

Part-Time Sasquatch
Reaction score
Handicap
15.3 GHIN
I have been having real trouble finding any golf attire in Tall sizes. I'm used to having to search for clothes, and I'm used to having a significantly reduced selection... but I've not been able to find *anything* in tall sizes. Inseams over 34" just don't seem to exist in golf pants. Even then, 34" is a rare occurance. XXL does not fit me, but XXLT doesn't seem to exist, either. I can almost fit into an XLT... but again, no luck.

I've searched my favorite Big N Tall stores, and I did find one 2XLT Callaway jacket. For $150! I've searched golf shops both online and in person... plenty of clothing if you're short. Zero tall sized shirts or jackets.

What's the deal? Am I just looking in the wrong places? Do I just not get to wear any stylish golf clothes? Any of my tall brothers who has solved this mystery, please hit me up.

DestinationXL.com is my go to - I'm sure they have something for you for less than $150!

Any tips on how to find golf clothing on their site? I've been into their stores and not found anything, but there might be some links on their site I haven't clicked yet :)

edit: I did find a few things that are decent. Not exactly the latest styles, but not terrible. There's no problem finding a polo or a windbreaker or some slacks in my size. They just aren't what most people would consider "golf styles". DestinationXL and other big-n-tall will slap the term "golf" on anything that meets golf course dress code, lol.

I guess the real issue is that the companies who focus on golf styles (including the sponsor of this subforum) completely ignore the tall members of the golf community. It sucks.

Any tips on how to find golf clothing on their site? I've been into their stores and not found anything, but there might be some links on their site I haven't clicked yet :)

edit: I did find a few things that are decent. Not exactly the latest styles, but not terrible. There's no problem finding a polo or a windbreaker or some slacks in my size. They just aren't what most people would consider "golf styles". DestinationXL and other big-n-tall will slap the term "golf" on anything that meets golf course dress code, lol.

I guess the real issue is that the companies who focus on golf styles (including the sponsor of this subforum) completely ignore the tall members of the golf community. It sucks.

Ya this is what you want...it's the 'upscale' arm of Casual Male B&T. I went to the one in Las Vegas last summer and bought three 2XLT shirts, and 2 pairs of Callaway 38W-tall shorts. They had plenty more stuff too.

TGW.com has a a big and tall section. They have Adidas and other major manufacturers.

I hear ya - it is tough. I usually go to a site, type in "golf" and see what comes up.

How about this:
http://www.golfsmith.com/search/_/N-4294965518?Gp=1&Gx=BIGTALL&Ntk=p_forecast&Ntt=BIGTALL

I do that too, but the search term often returns results that are labeled "golf" but are just regular shirts. My experience with golfsmith is that they have nothing in the stores, and their online site has limited selection that never goes on sale. I simply cannot afford to spend $90 per shirt. I've never spent that much on a shirt... and I've worn 2XLT most of my life. Maybe I'm complaining too much. I just think that being 6'6" shouldn't preclude me from finding affordable, stylish golf apparel. It's bad enough that I have to lengthen and regrip every club before I ever hit it :)

TGW.com has a a big and tall section. They have Adidas and other major manufacturers.
I think this might be what I was looking for! Not a huge selection, but they do have actual golf apparel for less than $80-90 per item, and with size *and* color selection. I'll be digging through this site tonight. Thanks!

well I still can't find anything reasonable. The only stuff on most of those sites in anything resembling big n tall sizes is either just plain jane clothing that I can get anywhere, or is only available in one size and one color. Or is "full price" meaning WAY too expensive. I can find golf pants and shirts in "normal" sizes all day long, in good quality, and much better looking for a lot less money.

Apparently you either have to be short and fat, tall and thin, or normal sized. Nothing for someone like me, a former offensive lineman... I'm 6'6" 280 and while I could be thinner I wouldn't call myself fat. I guess golf clothing manufacturers just aren't interested in making me look good on the course. This is getting frustrating.

While I definitely appreciate your taking the time to post those links, I've unfortunately already looked there and not found anything :(

davis big and tall is almost exclusively solid dry-fit polos in their "golf shirts" section. I can get a solid dry fit 2XLT any day of the week for less than what they're asking... and I have plenty... but in spite of what they call them, those are not exactly golf styles. I'm not looking to make a statement with my clothing on the course, but it would be nice to find something at least not so generic, ya know? I see the "normal" sized guys scoring all sorts of deals on very cool golf clothes. Even if I pay full price I can't get those styles. Whatever... maybe I'll just get to a scratch handicap, go on tour and win a bunch of majors, and then some clothing company will make me a bunch of cool clothes for free :)

No. You'll start your own clothing line for dudes like us. No need to be selfish!! :)

kingsize.com....not a lot of brand name golf clothing but golf shirts and shorts, nice slakes too! resonable pricing

Kohls has a nice selection of big n tall polos, slacks, n shorts. Plenty of coupons can be found for kohls also.

JCP (in their regular stores and via The Foundry) also has a great selection of all those things... but they're not the "golf clothing" I'm talking about. Yes, they will work. I was just hoping for something resembling fashionable. That stuff is out there too, but never at a price worth looking at. $80 for one polo is ridiculous for anyone remotely "normal" income-wise. It's not a big deal. Just irritating. My game isn't going to change based on the style I'm wearing

FWIW, I had a post exchange on another site with one of the people over at Aveo Golf (apparently one of the owners/founders), who is specializing in Big-N-Tall golf clothing. They're not super easy to find in stores right now but maybe if enough of us request it at our local golf shops (and/or big-n-tall shops) we can start to see their stuff available in stores. Their site is http://www.aveogolf.com/ - I have no affiliation with them other than the fact that I am in their target demographic.

K-Mart has a big and tall section as does many Marshall's and now Kohl's (although Kohl's is VERY limited). I look for reasonably priced golf gear in 2XLT which is almost impossible to find in any store other than one exclusively denoted as "big and tall."

+1. Great site and easy to find your size.

Honestly I get most of my shirts on Ebay. Set up my search and go. If anything hits I give it a look. I did just get 2 polos on divot.com that fit great, both for $30 bucks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

+1. Great site and easy to find your size.

I guess that just hasn't been my experience. In their Big & Tall golf shirt section, they have about three short sleeve shirts at a reasonable price ($30), with many colors to choose from. They do list each color separately so it looks like a lot more than three shirts, but it's just three. Then all the long sleeve ones (again, about three shirts) are $75 for a plain jane, not-exactly-golf-related long sleeve polo. I can get that at JCP for $30 or even less if I find a sale.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, this just isn't what I'm looking for. Maybe what I want doesn't exist in tall sizes...

Looks like you're going to be out of luck bg :(

Does sound like there could be a niche market for a designer somewhere, there's a lot of boring stuff being produced in b&t but not in the stylish/funky category.

Maybe if DJ bulks up adidas might start producing ....

Back