7 things that we don't know about you....

I loved Heidelburg - great university town, and small enough to walk pretty much anywhere. I was there for a conference that had a dinner/reception inside the castle - it was one of the best meals I ever had. Awesome place!

Yup.

One place I forgot to mention, but it's worth the pilgrimage (it's kinda out in the sticks, as Germany goes) is Kloster Kreuzberg, a beautiful monastery that pays for its upkeep through a small restaurant and brewing the greatest beer on the face of the planet. Great schnitzel to be had, as well.

I know, I know, "Steve, it's not really the best beer on the planet!" But it is. It's absolutely amazing. The beer is hoppy, strong, fresh, and flavorful. It'd divine. If you go to Germany, go to Kreuzberg.

I know it's been said before, but this is such a freaking cool thread. Everyone in here is so different and comes from such diverse backgrounds, but the one thing that brings us together is golf (and THP). So cool to see.

1. I’m related to the original Superman.( I have no powers)
2. I meet my wife right after her high school graduation. Been together 26yrs
3. Played soccer from the age of 8 all the way till my freshman year of HS. Tried out for the wrestling team and ended up finishing 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the state championships.
4. I couched travel baseball for both my kids from tee ball until high school.
5. I love being outdoors in nature. Jeeping, camping, photography.
6. I was in a band when I was younger and while at the studio I was introduced to Korn and ended up being in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] video. Blind. I got a black eye that day.
7. I love to cook. Most of my recipes included bacon.

I was a serious board wargammer for years. Never played DAK but am familiar with it. My passion was Advanced Squad Leader. Had plenty of other games as well.

Cool! I've dabbled in ASL, but various other games keep grabbing my interest. WiF is multi-player, so it has a social gathering feel to it. That's probably why I've played it so much.

I know it's been said before, but this is such a freaking cool thread. Everyone in here is so different and comes from such diverse backgrounds, but the one thing that brings us together is golf (and THP). So cool to see.

Reading some of these experiences makes me appreciate my family (& my own parents) a little more. I don't know how good I had it growing up. Wish they were still around to tell them thanks.

I am very similar. I could not speak in public at all into my late 20s, and then the Army assigned me as an Instructor. When I saw that I was petrified, and when I got to the Total Army Instructor Training course, I told the Sergeant Major that I didn't know if I would be able to do it because of my anxiety. He put me with an instructor that really changed the way I looked at things and while it took a long time to completely get over it, I was teaching every day. At the end of my 2 years, I had actually grown to love being a military instructor so much that I extended for another year.

After I was medically discharged in 2006 because of an accident in Iraq, they had opened up military academy instruction for contracting because they needed Soldiers to deploy and I jumped in. The pay was horrible, but I loved the job. I eventually became known through the community and started working my way up and now I am in charge of all Field Artillery individual training for all of XVIII Airborne Corps.

All of this from a kid and young adult who would become physically ill at the thought of public speaking.

I wasn't that bad but I was always afraid of speaking. In high school I had a teacher that convinced me to join the speech and drama team "forensics" as it's called in Kansas. I did improved duet acting and it got me over the fear. By my senior year at K-State I did a graduate level public speaking course and was selected as 1 of 12 students on campus to give my "final presentation" to a group of community leaders and students. There were maybe 150ish people that I presented my topic to.

Spent 4 years outside of Ft. Riley, KS. Thanks for everything you do for our country!

Ok let's give this a spin:

1. My golf swing was self taught ( Those that have seen it believe it). I even played cross handed when I first started.

2. Got to tour President Reagan's Air Force 1 when I was 16. I was able to sit in his chair at his desk. Even got a hand full of Jelly Bellies from the jar on his desk.

3. Played golf at my Junior College with PGA Pro Paul Stankowski.

4. My JC Team and I had a series of golf lessons from Harvey Pennick.

5. My NCAA coach was the Uncle to Nick Watney.

6. I have worked for American Airlines my entire adult life. I now drill holes in the sky for AA.

7. I have stood at Lenin's tomb in Red Square.

OK here goes ...

1. Was born and raised an Air Force brat: lived in 5 states, 3 foreign countries, 9 houses, 1 hotel and went to 10 schools by the time I was 18
2. I learned to play golf on a British RAF base in The Netherlands
3. I worked in golf course Pro Shops and on course maintenance crews in high school and college
4. I was an Evans Scholar at CU from '76 to '79
5. I have been a singer in rock cover bands
6. I lived in L.A. for a while in the 80's and was a stand-in & extra in TV (Moonlighting, Cagney & Lacy, CHiPs, thirtysomething, Night Court, Beauty and the Beast, Matlock, Hunter, St. Elsewhere, L.A. Law, Sonny Spoon, Werewolf, etc.) and movies (The Running Man, Blind Date, Colors, Less Than Zero, Gleaming the Cube, Two Moon Junction, Tango & Cash, Split Decisions)
7. I was in a roll over crash at high speed on La Cienega Blvd in L.A during Friday afternoon rush hour. Rolled twice in the left lane, hit no other cars, was covered in glass but basically unharmed (wear your seatbelt kids!) and the first thing I thought about when I got out of the car was that my golf clubs were in the trunk and I had to check to make sure they were OK.

Back