Best swing of all time?

Not that I'm biased but Adam Scott for me :bashful:

Moe Norman.

Nobody else has ever called a hole in one.
Or hit a ball on the range, and then hit that ball with his second ball.

Probably the ugliest swing with the most beautiful results.

When I lived in Toronto I met Moe Notman. He was on the range at Carlisle golf course. He is a quirky dude, example he was wearing 2 watches. Very nice guy and he likes to drink rye.
He was hitting 7 irons, talking to me while he was swinging and I **** you not every ball was within a 10 foot circle.

Moe Norman.

Nobody else has ever called a hole in one.
Or hit a ball on the range, and then hit that ball with his second ball.

Probably the ugliest swing with the most beautiful results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many ways to look at this question. Just in general, my favorite swing currently is probably Charl Schwartzel or Adam Scott. There are others that I like but currently those two are high on the list. Hogan and Snead are all time greats but I'm not a fan of the one plane swing (Hogan) or the excessive lower body movement that Snead used (Nicklaus as well).

There have been a lot of Couples on here, and while I love the rhythm of his swing, as a teaching professional I wouldn't want a student to try and emulate it. When you slow his swing down the timing has to be really good right elbow back in to the slot so that the club can be on plane because of the way he brings the club off plane in the backswing. Not to mention his tendency to get way across the line at the top as well because of that move. Great shotmaker and a smooth swing, no doubt. I would much rather have Ernie Els swing than Freddie's...just my opinion.

I think I like Snead's swing as much as I do because when I was taught to play the game over 23 years ago I was taught to swing it very similarly to Snead. That swing has stuck with me and I've not lost a yard on any club. Admittedly Schwartzel and Scott have great swings as do a ton of other players. For instance I was watching the Turkish Open this last weekend and fell in love with Jacquelin's swing.

I would love to have a swing from ANY of those golfers mentioned. BUT, I vote for Sam Sneed as the best ever.

Hogan with an honorable mention to Fred Couples.

This is is exactly what I was going to put. Hogan to me has the best swing, but Freddie fun to watch swing a golf club. It looks to incredibly effortless.

Ouimet. Varden. Couples. Woods.

I've always been a fan of Ernie Els' swing, it's just so effortless and smooth.

I would have to go with Couples. Very fluid and makes it look easy.

I'm surprised there were no votes for Charles Barkley. That swing is pure beauty.

Hard not to say Ben Hogan or Bobby Jones.

Best fundamentals - Snead
Most fun to watch - Couples
Best on tour currently - Adam Scott

Back