Secret Grip by Boccieri Review - Forum Testing

So these things are 17 grams in the butt what would that do to the swing weight?

I got the free grip on my 7i at Golf Galaxy. Tried to like it. Hit a few hundred balls on the range and a few rounds. Got rid of it and got the new Lampkin grips and love them. Does Jack Nicholas use them? or just pimp them?

So these things are 17 grams in the butt what would that do to the swing weight?

I'll try and pull up one of my old posts explaining this very thing. Gimme a few.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I'll try and pull up one of my old posts explaining this very thing. Gimme a few.

Sorry, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll just put it this way. The overall heft of the club seems to increase, but the head really doesn't feel any lighter. It will trick a swing weight scale, but it won't trick your perception of feel. Maybe a tiny bit, but after a short while it feels very natural and is never detrimental. At least it wasn't for me. The extra weight has to be be further down the shaft and not under your hands for it to effect actual dynamic swingweight (the swingweight you actually feel when you swing the club).

Sorry, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll just put it this way. The overall heft of the club seems to increase, but the head really doesn't feel any lighter. It will trick a swing weight scale, but it won't trick your perception of feel. Maybe a tiny bit, but after a short while it feels very natural and is never detrimental. At least it wasn't for me. The extra weight has to be be further down the shaft and not under your hands for it to effect actual dynamic swingweight (the swingweight you actually feel when you swing the club).

That is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. The company advertises the grip will bring up the balance point of the shaft is this something you noticed in the testing. Sorry if I'm skimming.

That is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. The company advertises the grip will bring up the balance point of the shaft is this something you noticed in the testing. Sorry if I'm skimming.

Bringing up the balance point and bringing down the swingweight is effectively the same thing. The head feels lighter in clubs with lower swing weights because the balance point is higher up the shaft. So it's the same thing as what I was talking about before. It technically does, and you'll see it on a scale, but it's not as noticeable in real world application.

I saw on the daily deal on getting a free Boccieri grip for either the driver or 7-iron...I was thinking about picking it up and getting on of my drivers regripped with it.
Which driver should I put it on?

I have an Adams Speedline Super S with the stock Regular Matrix Radix 50 shaft and a Cobra Amp Cell with the stock Fujikura Fuel Stiff shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tough call. I'd say first that you'd be better off not putting it on your gamer just in case you don't like it, but then if you like it you'll have to pay to get another one. Any reason you don't want it on your 7 iron?

I like my irons how they are...I have a tendency to spray my drives (usually a pull or snap hook) which, when reading through the thread and seeing people tend to straighten out their hooks with the grip I thought "why not give it a try?"

Right on. I don't know how that Cobra comes out on swing weight, but I think that Super S head will feel like a marshmallow. That's a light set up.

I was planning on putting it on the Adams as I have started to game the Cobra now but I was a little fearful of the added length with the grip...I mean the driver is already 46 inches long...I can only imagine how light the Adams will feel because it is already such a light setup

Yea it is. Worst case scenario you're out $5 for a new grip I guess. Not that terrible.

I did the deal of the day and will put this on my driver. My gamer badly needs a new grip. This particularly driver has been a "down the middle" club for me which is why I am gaming it. That means that there's nothing "broken" about the driver that needs to be fixed other than needing a new grip.

I want to try these particular grips because I am a huge fan of back weighting after playing the Boccieri putters. I know that the driver is going to get more consistent, round over round usage than a 7 iron. I find myself rarely ever hitting the 7, so this will be a much better judge for me on whether I like these grips.

If this experiment works, I might put Boccieri grips on all my clubs.

I got a coupon for a free secret grip and install at golf galaxy, and had it installed on my driver earlier this week. I finally got a chance to hit a few balls, granted it was into a sim, and wanted to report back. Overall I didn't notice a huge change in the feel of the club, maybe it had been awhile between swinging it with the old grip and this new grip, but it just felt normal to me. As far as performance, I was pretty pleased with it. I hit a long drive of 314, with a minimum on good hits of around 275, which is longer than I'm used to seeing. Granted, I was hitting into a sim screen, so I'm not sure how accurate it was, but my other clubs seemed to be pretty true yardage. I will have to wait until spring to get out to a range where I can actually see ball flight, but first impressions are positive.

Nebgolfer: I'm glad to hear it worked well. My experiment didn't work. I've since gone in and yanked it off.

If only I could get back off of the leading edge idiot marks that came from trying it out. This drive was pristine prior and since.

I got a coupon for a free secret grip and install at golf galaxy, and had it installed on my driver earlier this week. I finally got a chance to hit a few balls, granted it was into a sim, and wanted to report back. Overall I didn't notice a huge change in the feel of the club, maybe it had been awhile between swinging it with the old grip and this new grip, but it just felt normal to me. As far as performance, I was pretty pleased with it. I hit a long drive of 314, with a minimum on good hits of around 275, which is longer than I'm used to seeing. Granted, I was hitting into a sim screen, so I'm not sure how accurate it was, but my other clubs seemed to be pretty true yardage. I will have to wait until spring to get out to a range where I can actually see ball flight, but first impressions are positive.
Glad to know it's working for you Ryan, you hit the mile already, so if this is giving you a bit more distance, watch out golf courses!

Just re-gripped my irons and replaced the crosslines on the RXFs with the new secret cord grips. They have an awesome feel to them and are softer than other cord I am used to. The regular grips are now 12.99 and the cord ones are 14.99.

Back