Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

Too bad it doesnt say Go Eagles, then it would really be bad @ss!

My high school mascot was an eagle but if your talking about the other eagle team on the east coast then I think I'd rather pour rubbing alcohol into my eyes and then throw a little salt into 'em for good measure.

My high school mascot was an eagle but if your talking about the other eagle team on the east coast then I think I'd rather pour rubbing alcohol into my eyes and then throw a little salt into 'em for good measure.

I think that would hurt just alittle. You don't expect to win the division with Tony Oh-no behind center do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would hurt just alittle. You don't expect to win the division with Tony Oh-no behind center do you?

As long as we don't have the lead in any game in he 4th quarter we have a chance !!!

Just catching up on this thread... thanks so much for all the information. I was wondering about the performance of these wedges, and your collective thoughts definitely answered many questions!

Mine should be here tomorrow.

Mine should be here tomorrow.

When did you order? Rush shipping or standard?

I ordered mine on Monday afternoon. No shipping notice yet. Hoping I get it next week some time.

I ordered mine on Monday afternoon. No shipping notice yet. Hoping I get it next week some time.

I ordered on Monday with 2 day shipping. I wanted them this weekend so I could play before I have surgery.

Just placed a custom order with these guys. Picked up a 64* wedge, black satin, black onyc shaft, red ferrule, custom engraving "BLACK * MAMBA" in red lettering. 64 is in red, Hopkins lettering in light grey, Hopkins "H" logo in red, and the CJ-1 in grey or red (I forget). Standard lie and lift. Went with the wide sole as recommended by the geographical selection. Not worried about the grip as I will put a JumboMax grip on it anyway.
I don't know why I got a 64* wedge, but it's my 14th club now. Looks prewtty sexy in the preview photo, will see when it arrives.

Just placed a custom order with these guys. Picked up a 64* wedge, black satin, black onyc shaft, red ferrule, custom engraving "BLACK * MAMBA" in red lettering. 64 is in red, Hopkins lettering in light grey, Hopkins "H" logo in red, and the CJ-1 in grey or red (I forget). Standard lie and lift. Went with the wide sole as recommended by the geographical selection. Not worried about the grip as I will put a JumboMax grip on it anyway.
I don't know why I got a 64* wedge, but it's my 14th club now. Looks prewtty sexy in the preview photo, will see when it arrives.

Oh dude that sounds awesome!!!! Definitely post some pics!

64* is very flat, it would be fun for flops that's for sure.

Or in my case, go completely under the ball, moving it mere inches straight up. Then on the next shot, blading it across the green..... lol

I might be skimming dude but what did you end up picking up?

I picked up a 52 bent to 51 with a shelf grind, a 56 with a heel and toe grind, and a 60 bent to 61 with a wide grind. All 1* upright with the stock OTM shafts and standard grips with 1 extra wrap.

I picked up a 52 bent to 51 with a shelf grind, a 56 with a heel and toe grind, and a 60 bent to 61 with a wide grind. All 1* upright with the stock OTM shafts and standard grips with 1 extra wrap.

Nice dude! Put some picture up when you get a chance.

Nice dude! Put some picture up when you get a chance.

I didn't do any customizations because I'm a cheap @ss, but I'll throw them up anyways

Oh dude that sounds awesome!!!! Definitely post some pics!

I will. Really interested on how this wedge will match up against my SCORs and my old CG16s.

I am getting closer and closer to the green with my second shot and would see if this would benefit me when I am in striking range. Besides, I think I would be using the wedge on the back half of my stance and use it to pop the ball up instead of adding spin. As Staffa said below, I'll move it 2 inches, then laser it 50 yards.

EDIT: I posted a nice thanks on their Facebook page and mentioned THP. The rep replied back: "Cool! We love that site."

Last edited:

Did you get a shipping notification yet? I also ordered on Monday December 2, and I have not heard anything since my initial email order confirmation.

I ordered customized "O'Carroll" and "THP" engraving on the Tour Raw with KBS Hi-Rev shafts. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Did you get a shipping notification yet? I also ordered on Monday December 2, and I have not heard anything since my initial email order confirmation.

I ordered customized "O'Carroll" and "THP" engraving on the Tour Raw with KBS Hi-Rev shafts. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Nope. Haven't heard a thing.

I almost called today, but then got caught up in other things. Since you are in the same boat, I guess I will wait a few more days. I'm sure they are backed up with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale they had/have going on.

And just like that....I received my shipping notice 3 minutes ago. Here on the 16th! Pending shipping delays...........

No shipping notice per se, but I did have this on my front patio this afternoon. One week from order for standard shipping is pretty go from CA to FL.

Box:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386632448.461910.jpg

Wedge:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386632474.991323.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386632490.353346.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386632515.819563.jpg

Shaft label for the black OTM wedge shaft:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386632525.675875.jpg

It's as ded sexy as I had hoped. :)

No shipping notice per se, but I did have this on my front patio this afternoon. One week from order for standard shipping is pretty go from CA to FL.

Box:
View attachment 12113

Wedge:
View attachment 12114

View attachment 12115

View attachment 12116

Shaft label for the black OTM wedge shaft:
View attachment 12117

It's as ded sexy as I had hoped. :)
Well, that's even better news than I got!

Awesome looking wedge and I look forward to hearing how it works for you.

Friday, Friday, gonna get my wedge on Friday! Supposed to rain Saturday, but that's not going to stop me from going to the range.

Back