Status
Not open for further replies.
I had three Black hawk serpas for a variety of guns(Sig, M&P, H&K). Well made, priced right, worked for a while, but then when i used one in a training course for a full sized M&P, it jammed, the release mechanism seized up and the M&P would not draw.

Had to release mag, rack the slide to make safe, and then with some tools i had to pry the holster apart. I had heard of this happening before, and i know now about 30% of the courses i read about will not allow blackhawk serpas to be used. I threw all the holsters away that day.

How'd this work out?

not well enough yet, another 35 lbs, and i should be able to give it a try. I believe Appendix carry offers a ton of advantages, but you need to be lean up front, and it does carry one glaring issue, if you screw up you WILL kill yourself.

It's better to spend a little more cash on IWB holsters. I ended up with a Kramer and it's great, also have a milt sparks for one of my carry pieces. I will say I bought a galco southern comfort years ago for a G19 and it's surprisingly good for IWB.

picked up some jhp 9mm at walmart today cuz they were out of the crappy range stuff haha

picked up some jhp 9mm at walmart today cuz they were out of the crappy range stuff haha

I got lucky the other day and scored 2 100 round boxes of Winchester ball ammo, 9mm. Those things fly like hot cakes. I got them for $24 each

I got lucky the other day and scored 2 100 round boxes of Winchester ball ammo, 9mm. Those things fly like hot cakes. I got them for $24 each
yeah they had a ton of it yesterday when i didnt have any money. i got paid today and all they had were the expensive stuff so i got a box of that

yeah they had a ton of it yesterday when i didnt have any money. i got paid today and all they had were the expensive stuff so i got a box of that

Is it self defense stuff or something

Well, I was hoping I would get my new Eberlestock x1a1 pack today.

But FedEx delivered it to the wrong house, or lost it, or something.

That's disappointing, I should have just paid the extra $10 and shipped it UPS.

Shipping notification says, delivered but I wasn't to my house.

I don't even know what to do from here, guess I'll call FedEx Monday, hopefully they delivered it to somebody who knows me, or at least won't steal it.

I should shipped it to my parents house, FedEx can never seem to find me out in the country, despite living right on a major Highway.

Ugh.

Is it self defense stuff or something
the expensive stuff was defense rounds. 9mm jhp. the cheap stuff is basically range ammo
Well, I was hoping I would get my new Eberlestock x1a1 pack today.

But FedEx delivered it to the wrong house, or lost it, or something.

That's disappointing, I should have just paid the extra $10 and shipped it UPS.

Shipping notification says, delivered but I wasn't to my house.

I don't even know what to do from here, guess I'll call FedEx Monday, hopefully they delivered it to somebody who knows me, or at least won't steal it.

I should shipped it to my parents house, FedEx can never seem to find me out in the country, despite living right on a major Highway.

Ugh.
man that is the worst
heard it happening to golf gear all the time. having it delivered to the wrong address is really sketchy. you might have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get anything done about it

It's better to spend a little more cash on IWB holsters. I ended up with a Kramer and it's great, also have a milt sparks for one of my carry pieces. I will say I bought a galco southern comfort years ago for a G19 and it's surprisingly good for IWB.

How do you like your Milt? Been pondering one, also looking at Wright as well for a leather IWB.

the expensive stuff was defense rounds. 9mm jhp. the cheap stuff is basically range ammo

man that is the worst
heard it happening to golf gear all the time. having it delivered to the wrong address is really sketchy. you might have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get anything done about it

I got a good deal on critical defense after several of the guys here suggested it. It looks good

I got a good deal on critical defense after several of the guys here suggested it. It looks good
wallyworld prices are hard to beat but thats why they are always out of stock lol

wallyworld prices are hard to beat but thats why they are always out of stock lol

Check out academy sports, they rival Wally World prices but are always in stock

ehe4evu6.jpg

Walking through Walmart today and for the first time in quite some time there was some .40 rounds, picked up these to see how they perform

IMAG0376_zps3f3bbccb.jpg

Walking through Walmart today and for the first time in quite some time there was some .40 rounds, picked up these to see how they perform

IMAG0376_zps3f3bbccb.jpg

Yeah I saw some too, it seems the self defense ammo is coming in and that people aren't hoarding as much

id love to check out academy... but we dont have them here
and i think ppl are still hoarding... there is just a better supply than there was during the panic
i know im hoarding cuz i dont wanna be scrambling when the next panic hits

I have been watching videos on you tube in regards to those Winchester PDX1 rounds and without trying them out for myself , I may stock up a little while they have them on the shelf, the penetration and expansion of this round looks impressive. Only thing I wonder about is all the tests where done with a mid size or full size Glock and I will have to see if any thing changes when they are run through a Glock 27 sub compact

I had three Black hawk serpas for a variety of guns(Sig, M&P, H&K). Well made, priced right, worked for a while, but then when i used one in a training course for a full sized M&P, it jammed, the release mechanism seized up and the M&P would not draw.

Had to release mag, rack the slide to make safe, and then with some tools i had to pry the holster apart. I had heard of this happening before, and i know now about 30% of the courses i read about will not allow blackhawk serpas to be used. I threw all the holsters away that day.

This is why I didn't buy a Blackhawk for my
M&P, I had heard stories of these malfunctions, and I know a couple guys on the sheriffs force that use them, that concerns me.

I saw a video a while back of an individual who
Shot Himself because he drew wrong with the serpa and placed pressure on the trigger as he drew and shot himself

This is why I didn't buy a Blackhawk for my
M&P, I had heard stories of these malfunctions, and I know a couple guys on the sheriffs force that use them, that concerns me.

I saw a video a while back of an individual who
Shot Himself because he drew wrong with the serpa and placed pressure on the trigger as he drew and shot himself
thats just bad technique. cant blame the holster for that

just got back from the range and ran a hundred rounds thru the new gun
only one failure to eject... my girl limp wristed her first shot and jammed it... i was pretty mad
other than that it was flawless

Went to Gander Mountain today here in Peoria and wow. They turned it into just a Gun store now so its Illinois largest gun store. They also got Ammo World and wow tons of ammo especially 223 and 5.56. They had no 22LR but I wasn't surprised.

Went to Gander Mountain today here in Peoria and wow. They turned it into just a Gun store now so its Illinois largest gun store. They also got Ammo World and wow tons of ammo especially 223 and 5.56. They had no 22LR but I wasn't surprised.
just dont go anywhere near chicago

Pekin Gun may not be larger, but have more selection and much better prices. They have limits on how much ammo you can buy right now but carry just about anything. Picked up 500 rounds of 22LR the other day, they had plenty of CCI in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back