You won a car....Oh wait....No you didn't.

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Wow, that's rough. But Mercedes or not, doesn't that kinda look like a modern station wagon?

Oh it's definitely a station wagon....A very expensive one!

I had not heard about this, that is just pure mean to have the HOI for one day only and not have advertised it enough that the golfers did not know this.

I saw that a few weeks ago. He proceeded to make an 11 on the next hole. Talk about messing with your mental game. I felt bad for him.

That's terrible!

Wow, that sucks for him!

That really sucks. I can't imagine the amazing high, to the horrible low. Then to get an 11 on the next hole. That's like getting kicked twice in the nads.

Wow! What a bummer.
An 11 on the next hole!

What a stupid rule.

CLS Shooting Brake is gorgeous.

Moved to Golf on Tour.

Ouch that hurts not only being told you don't get the car but then the 11 on the next whole, brutal just brutal. He had heck of a round after that to finish 1 over for the round.

That's rough. I think it was a few years ago a similar thing happened on tour and I can't remember who the tour player was, but he told his caddy he could have the car if he hit the hole in one. The player hit the hole in one and the caddy went crazy only to find out it wasn't the correct round for the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks for him...a free car (especially that one) would have been sweet, or he could have sold it and taken the extra cash. Instead, only on Sunday...to bad for you. Feel for him, but an 11 on the next hole because of that seems a bit out of character for a Tour Pro.

Talk about going from a tremendous high to a tremendous low in no time flat.

I was watching that tournament when that happened and couldn't believe it, talk about a stupid rule. Admittedly when you're talking about a car that sells for $100k+, you want to make it difficult to win but it was still ridiculous.

I remember seeing this. That's such a bummer. I can't imagine the emotion he must have felt. Kind of crap to have it only one day of the tournament. Still though, he got a hio during a tournament which is pretty darn sweet.

I had not heard about this, that is just pure mean to have the HOI for one day only and not have advertised it enough that the golfers did not know this.

That's about as cheap as you can get. If you're going to have a hole-in-one prize, make it for the whole tournament or forget it. They don't pay for the car anyway - they buy an insurance policy that pays for it if anyone wins. The tournament only pays the premium on the policy.

My wife's boss won a Corvette at an outing he went to while on a business trip in MA. He was a last minute addition to one of the teams, used rental clubs, wasn't even that good a player, and made an ace on the right hole.

Back