Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always,another great get together with you guys! Makes it nice to have so much to look foreward to. Pete,you're welcome! Hope it doesn't affect your meeting today. Aaron,did you get the driver?

I did not get the driver although I am seriously considering it.

I am also interested in the Bio Cell, so I may just wait.

My more in depth recap will come tonight. I was beat last night so a more detailed recap will come tonight when I get home from work and I can be behind a keyboard.

Well my Saturday's optishot was pretty good. Appranetly I have a high finish swing that I was not aware of (didn't think I had much of a finish) but I was close to hitting my dad's friends projector a couple times. My swing was surprisingly pretty solid after not swinging for a long time and considering I was swinging off of turf with no real conditions. Straight / inside-out paths almost everytime and consistent face contact. Putting was a wash because it's putting on a virutal system but I won with a 95 playing at The Golf Club at Scottsdale.

Well my Saturday's optishot was pretty good. Appranetly I have a high finish swing that I was not aware of (didn't think I had much of a finish) but I was close to hitting my dad's friends projector a couple times. My swing was surprisingly pretty solid after not swinging for a long time and considering I was swinging off of turf with no real conditions. Straight / inside-out paths almost everytime and consistent face contact. Putting was a wash because it's putting on a virutal system but I won with a 95 playing at The Golf Club at Scottsdale.
Sounds pretty good!Hope we can get you to join us this coming season(which isn't far off)

Now that I'm behind a key board I can give a proper little recap on our sim outing!

First I just want to say thank you to Aaron, Allan and especially Pete. You guys did NOT have to travel in with the winter conditions that we had, but you guys chose to do so anyway and that was awesome of you. Dean, Rob, and Andy you guys were definitely missed! I look forward to playing more rounds outside with you guys this coming golf season.

The gifts everyone brought we awesome and so generous! Allan I'm sorry you got stuck with the orange socks! Looks like you'll just have to add an orange shirt to your collection!! :D

Pete thanks for the Duo's, Ballzee, and Tees. The Duo's are always a go to ball for me and not cleaning my ball on the green before putting is definitely something I'm guilty of, not anymore!

I know he can't see it as he is not on the forum, but I would like to thank Mark from Plum Creek. He worked with me with my idea and never had an objection.

As far as the golf goes it wasn't the best display there every was, but certainly not the worse! Pete took it home on the normal golf while I cleaned house on the "challenges" looks like I need to figure out a way to get on to Big Break!!

In all seriousness tho guys thanks for coming out! I had a blast and I hope you guys had fun too. It's the best I could do with all this damn snow on the ground!

Jim,you always come thru in a great way.It was a nice time and I will cherish my "Fowler"socks(I may just display them in my Man cave).You can organize an outing for us anytime!

Nice write-up Shef. Please send my (and our) thanks to Mark as well. He's an awesome guy and I was impressed that he basically let us take over his shop on a Sunday. He seems pretty knowledgeable and I'd love to see the range when it's not buried under three feet of snow.

Last edited:
Nice write up Jimmy!!

Not sure if I properly said thank you to Maddog for that well wrapped gift. I felt horrible completely wrecking that great wrap job your wife did... for a couple of seconds. Equally as great was the gifts -everything I can use next year.

Jimmy - thanks for organizing the event, you did a fantastic job. Include me on the thank you to Mark for letting us spend an entire Sunday afternoon playing on the simulator. He was great letting me try out that Amp Cell and have officially moved to pondering mode.

Pete, I am truly impressed you made that drive and it was great seeing you again.

Allan - what can I say to my fellow lefty? Good to see you as always and once you found your nirvana and inner chi - you were playing serious golf. Or are we still not supposed to admit you were there. :)

As for the golf, I was definitely rusty in the beginning. Was starting to wonder after while if any of my shots would register as "Valid", but I got better as the day went on. Who picked those greens to putt on? They were frustrating!

After getting to see most of you either every weekend or every couple of weeks this summer & fall- there was a long break from us getting together. So it was nice getting to spend an afternoon with you guys. Can wait for the next time!

had a great time on sunday!!!! we all were a little rusty with game but the company was great!!! can't wait to get out in the spring already. i see a very nice thru-way series this summer. allan is the buffalo area man ( not forgetting about andy ), pete is albany area ( not forgetting about dean ) and aaron is the rochester area man ( not forgetting jim ). and jimmy, well jimmy is just the man, he did a great job on sunday!!!!

had a great time on sunday!!!! we all were a little rusty with game but the company was great!!! can't wait to get out in the spring already. i see a very nice thru-way series this summer. allan is the buffalo area man ( not forgetting about andy ), pete is albany area ( not forgetting about dean ) and aaron is the rochester area man ( not forgetting jim ). and jimmy, well jimmy is just the man, he did a great job on sunday!!!!

Thanks pop! Looking forward to planning out stop on the Thruway series with ya.

And when we go back to Binghamton, I nominate MudFlap (Rob) to be the man (not forgetting Jt929--who missed our last area gathering when he got rear-ended on the way to the course).

And when we go back to Binghamton, I nominate MudFlap (Rob) to be the man (not forgetting Jt929--who missed our last area gathering when he got rear-ended on the way to the course).

After seeing the pictures from last time I vote for Conklin again! I want a chance at that course.

After seeing the pictures from last time I vote for Conklin again! I want a chance at that course.
We could do a weekend,Conklin then TurningStone on the way home!

I can't say enough good things about Turning Stone--and with three courses and the half-off replay rates, we could make a weekend out of just that place.

I definitely want to play Conklin again, but I won't say no to playing Turning Stone either!

I'v always wanted to play turning stone, if you guys are looking for a fourth, just tell me 4-5 hours before the tee time so i can drive there :)

I would love to play Conklin again. Like in July when it is warm ;)

Not sure about Turning Stone. I tend to resist $100+ greens fees.

And I will be doing Bethpage again this year.

I would love to play Conklin again. Like in July when it is warm ;)

Not sure about Turning Stone. I tend to resist $100+ greens fees.

And I will be doing Bethpage again this year.
There are deals to be had there. When I played it the day before we all met at Mill Creek, we had buy one-get one coupons, so we played Shenendoah for $37.50 each. Kahluyet is the same price, and it's Atunyote that costs $100+ (I haven't played that one yet, but hear it's incredible).

hey guys, I am new to this thread, a bit of an outsider but There are not a lot of THPers up here with me.

I would be very interested to join a gathering with you guys, ideally in the north-northeast NY, if you guys are doing anything next spring/summer

hey guys, I am new to this thread, a bit of an outsider but There are not a lot of THPers up here with me.

I would be very interested to join a gathering with you guys, ideally in the north-northeast NY, if you guys are doing anything next spring/summer
Welcome to the thread. We've been kicking around the idea of a "Thruway Series" for 2014 where we gather in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse (I think), Binghamton and Albany. The purpose of the thread is for anyone on THP in the area to get rounds together, whether an official gathering or not. Subscribe to the thread and keep an eye out, there will always be discussions of people getting together to play when the snow melts.

Awesome!! We would be more than happy to have ya at one of our gatherings! I'm Jimmy by the way, but you can call me Shef! Absolutely love seeing guys jump in our thread!

Nice to have you here!We do what's called "The Thruway Tour" and you are more than welcome.We play several different courses across the state and it's open to anyone.As the season nears we post a course,what dates work best and who wants to play,we then book the teetimes for that number of players.
Glad to have another member!

Welcome to the thread. We've been kicking around the idea of a "Thruway Series" for 2014 where we gather in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse (I think), Binghamton and Albany. The purpose of the thread is for anyone on THP in the area to get rounds together, whether an official gathering or not. Subscribe to the thread and keep an eye out, there will always be discussions of people getting together to play when the snow melts.

awesome

albany and syracuse would be feasable for me, only a 4 hours drive.

Welcome to the thread!! As guys mentioned that we will certainly be planning a few get togethers in 2014 and would love to have you join us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back