Ping TR Putter Question

Ping TR Putter Question

• Total voters

Golflover64

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.7
Do you think its possible to wear out the grooves on of these Ping TR putters. I have the Scottsdale Anser 2, and just wondering the life longevity of this putter.

Do you think the grooves will wear out over time or do you think the putter can last forever like there other putters?

Don't have one but couldn't imagine it wearing out.

I think *eventually* yeah they could, but I think it would take quite a long time as we don't put the same force of swing on our putts as we do iron shots. I have not noticed any wear on my TR's grooves thus far.

Possible, but not probable.

It's a pretty soft metal...but I think so long as you're just hitting golf balls with it, you should be fine. I'd say you could eventually ruin the grooves, but you're more likely to damage/destroy/replace the putter in some other capacity before that happens.

Unless you starting hitting it off the tee like Jamie Sadlowski, or using it out of bunkers, there is no cnace you'll wear the grooves down. I could see them getting damaged if left uncovered in a golf bag and banging against other clubs but I don't know many people that don't use a headcover?

Had my anser 2 tr since it came out. An grooves are good as new. I do use a head cover.

I'd say no.

Good to know. I wonder what the story will be in 10 years with these putters.

10 years, really? If a putter that cost less than $200 lasted me 10 years I'd be stoked. Everything suffers from wear and tear after time and can be reduced with proper care. If you find after 1 year that the grooves are 'worn" then contact Ping and see if they'll replace it.

I have only used my putter one time, and I like to spend hours on the putting the green putting with my friends for a little extra change.

As I used the putter I noticed blades of grass getting stuck in between the grooves, just like irons, dirt in the grooves. And if you hit balls with dirt in your grooves you will wear out the grooves faster. So I am applying this same principle although I know it is a lot less speed on the putter.

Nevertheless, the putter has to be cleaned regularly to get all the debris out of the grooves to get the same true roll or true spin you would get as if you had clean grooves on your irons.

Sure. . . . in 2 or 3 millennia.

Back