Status
Not open for further replies.
Guns....

meh they already sold the ammo so i figure screw it... why bother

For fun I guess, I once got a public apology from a general manager after his employees racially profiled and harassed us.

Just ask to speak to a manager, and explain the situation, that you buy a ton of ammo every week, and that you aren't happy with what happened the other day.

Well after a few months of carrying the SR9C and the M&P I finally decided to go with what I shoot the best and after a little over 1k rounds through all of them this was the winner. It actually surprised me as I thought I would stay with the M&P.
11137290893_3232e2cd0d_c.jpg

Well after a few months of carrying the SR9C and the M&P I finally decided to go with what I shoot the best and after a little over 1k rounds through all of them this was the winner. It actually surprised me as I thought I would stay with the M&P.

very goo choice, a lot of firepower in a great package.

I find it nuts that someone in California, traded in an antique German STG-44 that was worth $30,000 for a $200 gift card from California gun buy backs.

Unless it was used to murder someone, then it's a pretty good deal.

Guns....

Unless it was used to murder someone, then it's a pretty good deal.

They could have sold it for $15,000 and used it for charity or to feed their family

It's ok though, a dangerous, mass murderous WWII weapon is off the streets

Well I meant that if I had committed a murder, and needed to ditch the weapon, a no questions asked buy back program that gives me 200, would be a pretty good deal.

These buyback programs are bad for the tax payers and often times the money dished out is more then the fire a is worth, not in this case. It's a shame there are so many Ill informed people out there that think guns are inherently dangerous.

Well I meant that if I had committed a murder, and needed to ditch the weapon, a no questions asked buy back program that gives me 200, would be a pretty good deal.

These buyback programs are bad for the tax payers and often times the money dished out is more then the fire a is worth, not in this case. It's a shame there are so many Ill informed people out there that think guns are inherently dangerous.

Yeah I knew what you meant, I was just commenting on how politicians believe weapons like this are commonly used in crimes.

Yea, just like suppressors. Right now it takes a year of waiting and a tax to get a suppressor.

This is the same as what I carry, really beginning to like it allot

I find it nuts that someone in California, traded in an antique German STG-44 that was worth $30,000 for a $200 gift card from California gun buy backs.
did you read about the priceless tommy gun that was involved in a gun buy back... the cop noticed it was a historic piece and they kept it from being destroyed
they should donate something like these to museums

did you read about the priceless tommy gun that was involved in a gun buy back... the cop noticed it was a historic piece and they kept it from being destroyed
they should donate something like these to museums

Yeah they should donate them. Wow, when was the last violent crime that had a tommy gun involved, the 40s?

Solid choice; I carry the 26... when I'm in a state where I'm allowed to do so.

Got another 150 rounds through the Sig RCS today; up to 1k now and am really liking what I am seeing. Its a good carry size and feels great in the hand; have no complaints at all with it. Only 1 FTF on the last round of the first mag but has worked flawlessly since. Have a IWB holster ordered already and need to get some wilson mags at some point now if we're ever able to carry in this state. :banghead:

Brian where do you go shooting around here? I usually go down to my parents house since they live on 130 acres. Was looking around here and I don't want to really go shooting indoors. But I guess you got to use what you can. My brother just got home from Virginia with the Navy, so I imagine this weekend we'll be out with the AK and the AR . Defianlty going to have to bring the Remington 870 down as I love to do some skeet shooting.

Got another 150 rounds through the Sig RCS today; up to 1k now and am really liking what I am seeing. Its a good carry size and feels great in the hand; have no complaints at all with it. Only 1 FTF on the last round of the first mag but has worked flawlessly since. Have a IWB holster ordered already and need to get some wilson mags at some point now if we're ever able to carry in this state. :banghead:

Brian where do you go shooting around here? I usually go down to my parents house since they live on 130 acres. Was looking around here and I don't want to really go shooting indoors. But I guess you got to use what you can. My brother just got home from Virginia with the Navy, so I imagine this weekend we'll be out with the AK and the AR . Defianlty going to have to bring the Remington 870 down as I love to do some skeet shooting.

Depends on what your looking at doing; For rifle Chillicothe club is about the closest thing out there and have a number of other ranges for just about everything. If you're looking at Skeet / Trap then there is Peoria Skeet and Trap Club in EP off Springbay Rd. American Gun off Pioneer has indoor ranges that aren't bad for handguns.

Depends on what your looking at doing; For rifle Chillicothe club is about the closest thing out there and have a number of other ranges for just about everything. If you're looking at Skeet / Trap then there is Peoria Skeet and Trap Club in EP off Springbay Rd. American Gun off Pioneer has indoor ranges that aren't bad for handguns.

Do you usually go to those places then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Do you usually go to those places then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've been to Chillicothe a few times for some events, but a bit of a hike from here to go regularly. They do have a decent facility and host quite a few events for USPSA, bullseye etc. American is just up the road from me so go there more often.

Great news on the RCS, really is a great package all around. Sig puts a lot of top end upgrades into the 1911, outside of the external extractor i don't hear many complaints.

i had hoped you guys would be closer to CCW, what is the latest on that for you???

Great news on the RCS, really is a great package all around. Sig puts a lot of top end upgrades into the 1911, outside of the external extractor i don't hear many complaints.

i had hoped you guys would be closer to CCW, what is the latest on that for you???

It's getting closer but the state is making it about as difficult as possible to even apply for it. It'll be a year since the law passed before people start getting permits. I have had permits in 4 other states, and maintain non-resident in 3 of them still so have something to compare the process too... and it's just plain ridiculous the hoops we have to jump through to even apply here. Online applications are supposedly going to be available on January 5th and will take 3+ months to process, even though it's all done digitally. The state will not take paper applications for at least the first 3 months and say it will increase processing time to 6 months when submitted in hard copy.

In recap one has to:
Have a valid Driver license / state ID
Have a valid IL FOID Card
Pay for and take 16 hours of training from a certified IL instructor (8 for military or those with other state CCW permits) (Around $250 for those that need 16hrs)
Get fingerprinted through Live Scan digital fingerprinting (around $60) that is just becoming available
2 Digital 'passport' photo's taken to be submitted separately with application and one with finger printing ($25)
Have digital copies of all training certificates
Apply for a IL Digital ID through the state to submit documents securely (can only be done using Internet Explorer, no Mac's / chrome / foxfire etc)
Provide proof of last 10 years of residency
Then apply online on an application that is still not available 6 months after the law is passed and pay the $150 app fee.

They are making it so difficult to apply and costly in order to limit who will be able to get the permit... will cost most over $500 just to apply to get their permit. They will still get flooded with applications and already saying they won't be able to meet their 3-month timeline for approval process. For FOID cards they are suppose to be processed in 30 day's and is currently taking people over 6 months to get one.... so not holding my breath.

I'll still be applying as soon as possible; I have the required training done and hope to get my digital finger printing done this week... so maybe a year after the law was passed I can legally do what the US supreme court say's I have the right to do.

Just an example of how screwed up our country can be, you need to do all that in order to get a card so you can do something the Supreme Court deems a right.

But i know illegal immigrants that have gotten welfare and voted.

all a criminal needs to do is pony up the cash to get an illegal gun off of another criminal or steal one for himself... then stash it in his pants... total time might be less than a day
all a law abiding citizen needs to do is jump thru hoops times a thousand... total time might be closer to a year
hypothetically 365 criminals can get a gun before one law abiding citizen can get his hands on one
i say the odds are stacked against us
we will never win
scumbags breed like cockroaches and we have been outnumbered for frikken ever haha

It's getting closer but the state is making it about as difficult as possible to even apply for it. It'll be a year since the law passed before people start getting permits. I have had permits in 4 other states, and maintain non-resident in 3 of them still so have something to compare the process too... and it's just plain ridiculous the hoops we have to jump through to even apply here. Online applications are supposedly going to be available on January 5th and will take 3+ months to process, even though it's all done digitally. The state will not take paper applications for at least the first 3 months and say it will increase processing time to 6 months when submitted in hard copy.

In recap one has to:
Have a valid Driver license / state ID
Have a valid IL FOID Card
Pay for and take 16 hours of training from a certified IL instructor (8 for military or those with other state CCW permits) (Around $250 for those that need 16hrs)
Get fingerprinted through Live Scan digital fingerprinting (around $60) that is just becoming available
2 Digital 'passport' photo's taken to be submitted separately with application and one with finger printing ($25)
Have digital copies of all training certificates
Apply for a IL Digital ID through the state to submit documents securely (can only be done using Internet Explorer, no Mac's / chrome / foxfire etc)
Provide proof of last 10 years of residency
Then apply online on an application that is still not available 6 months after the law is passed and pay the $150 app fee.

They are making it so difficult to apply and costly in order to limit who will be able to get the permit... will cost most over $500 just to apply to get their permit. They will still get flooded with applications and already saying they won't be able to meet their 3-month timeline for approval process. For FOID cards they are suppose to be processed in 30 day's and is currently taking people over 6 months to get one.... so not holding my breath.

I'll still be applying as soon as possible; I have the required training done and hope to get my digital finger printing done this week... so maybe a year after the law was passed I can legally do what the US supreme court say's I have the right to do.

That's crazy. I just applied for my CCW here in WY and this is the process.
1. You have to have some sort of training. Military, police and Hunter's Safety will work. I took an online class with a test afterward. There were 6 videos that lasted between 6-10 minutes. The class is free but you have to pay $50 to print certificate. Took about hour and a half while I did paperwork in my office. I did learn some stuff though.
2. Had to find a C-store that sold money orders. This was the hardest part of applying for my CCW. Sheriff's office doesn't take cash or credit.
3. Filled out application at Sheriff's office. Took 5 minutes. Paid the $64 to DCI. Paid additional $15 to Sheriff.
4. The $15 was to pay for digital fingerprints. They took me into the back of the jail and did the prints. That took 25 minutes.
5. The next day I had to run up to the DMV and have my photo taken for the ID.
All told, I've likely got less than 3 hours into applying for my CCW and that includes the training portion. I only had to pay $125 too.

It's too bad IL is making the CCW application process so difficult. The only problem with WY's process is it takes 3 months to get the permit. In this day and age it should be less but hard to complain after hearing your story.

I thought you could open or conceal carry in WY without a permit?

I thought you could open or conceal carry in WY without a permit?

You can. I got the permit because I travel to MT, ND and SD quite a bit. That's the reason I got it. I've also got concerns political climate will make it tougher to get in the future.

Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back