Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

How did it feel and sound?
Sorry for all these questions but I'm dying for some info on this :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it felt absolutely amazing. felt almost like a well-struck ball with a forged mizuno iron, but in driver form. I don't pay attention to sound too much, but I guess if I didn't notice it, it couldn't have sounded bad..

Argh now I just can't wait :D
It sound perfect for what I'm after.
I'll have to save up now :)

Argh now I just can't wait :D
It sound perfect for what I'm after.
I'll have to save up now :)

that's my state of thought. I have the Covert Tour 1.0 should be here tomorrow with the same shaft that Mike said would be best fit for me, so it should be a good comparison to hit the 1.0 and 2.0 side by side as soon as it hits stores... but, I have a hard time believing the 1.0 will feel and execute just as nicely as the 2.0 did, so I will probably have the 2.0 ASAP.

Have you played the original covert?
Can you comment on the size difference of the heads (how much bigger does the 2.0 look like compared to the 1.0)
That's the last question I hope ;)

Have you played the original covert?
Can you comment on the size difference of the heads (how much bigger does the 2.0 look like compared to the 1.0)
That's the last question I hope ;)

I don't have the 1.0 yet so I can't answer anything about it's playing ability, and the 2.0 isn't officially out yet so there's no info for the public on specs.. sorry.

I know that it's bigger and you'll soon find out :)
When you'll get the 1.0, is it possible you can update this thread with some rough comparisons of size and feel between the 1.0 and the 2.0?

I know that it's bigger and you'll soon find out :)
When you'll get the 1.0, is it possible you can update this thread with some rough comparisons of size and feel between the 1.0 and the 2.0?

I can, but I don't remember too much about the 2.0 other than it was red on top and black on bottom, and said "2.0" as the alignment aid instead of "covert", and it felt good. won't be able to inform you too much on size comparison.. I know the 1.0 tour is 430cc, don't know what cc the 2.0 tour is..

Any info is better than no info ATM ;)

Apparently the 2.0 is 460cc (can't confirm this) but looks smaller because of some sort of change in the design (more pear shaped I think).
What I want to know is if the rumours are true in the way that it looks smaller than what it is, having swung the 1.0 (no balls hit sadly) I would like it to be ever so slightly bigger (440-450cc)
So, if the rumours are true I honestly can't see another driver for me for 2014.

Apparently the 2.0 is 460cc (can't confirm this) but looks smaller because of some sort of change in the design (more pear shaped I think).
What I want to know is if the rumours are true in the way that it looks smaller than what it is, having swung the 1.0 (no balls hit sadly) I would like it to be ever so slightly bigger (440-450cc)
So, if the rumours are true I honestly can't see another driver for me for 2014.

that might be the size of the non-tour. the 1.0 non-tour is 460cc, so I wouldn't be surprised if the non-tour 2.0 is 460cc. the 1.0 tour is 430, so I'm assuming the 2.0 tour should be around the same.

Tour players wanted the tour version to be bigger (Rory clearly wanted it bigger) and I wasn't sure if they changed it specifically for him (like a prototype just for him) or made all tours slightly bigger.
After a lot of research and questions I found that they've made all of them bigger, (but no info on the exact size)
Apparently they did this to increase forgiveness (and another thing that I can't remember)

Part of me hopes the Tour 2.0 is a ll/ls profile in a 460cc. But I would doubt it. Tiger and Rory like smaller heads.

More forgiveness is never a bad thing.

Tour players wanted the tour version to be bigger (Rory clearly wanted it bigger) and I wasn't sure if they changed it specifically for him (like a prototype just for him) or made all tours slightly bigger.
After a lot of research and questions I found that they've made all of them bigger, (but no info on the exact size)
Apparently they did this to increase forgiveness (and another thing that I can't remember)

I don't know about that. maybe they'd bump it up to 440cc, but I don't think any bigger than that. if they want more forgiveness they could just use the non-tour head..

That's what I thought they'd do but apparently not :/
Doesn't make much sense to have two versions that are basically the same but with different colour schemes.

That's what I thought they'd do but apparently not :/
Doesn't make much sense to have two versions that are basically the same but with different colour schemes.

aren't they all red?

Silver sole and face on non-tour, black on tour. Yeah, I should've clarified that, my bad :)

Silver sole and face on non-tour, black on tour. Yeah, I should've clarified that, my bad :)

oh, right.

does anybody know if the tip on the 1.0 will work in the 2.0 heads, so that you can use the same shaft?

Part of me hopes the Tour 2.0 is a ll/ls profile in a 460cc. But I would doubt it. Tiger and Rory like smaller heads.

More forgiveness is never a bad thing.

Rory said he wanted a 460cc driver which is a little weird to me.
Apparently he was used to the bigger 460 versions when he was younger, and he still likes them big now.
This has all been recorded in a clinic sort of thing on YouTube.

oh, right.

does anybody know if the tip on the 1.0 will work in the 2.0 heads, so that you can use the same shaft?

Hmm, I think they're the same, but I'll look it up to make sure :D

Hmm, I think they're the same, but I'll look it up to make sure :D

it looks like it's the same, but I'm not 100% sure..

it looks like it's the same, but I'm not 100% sure..

Reading articles on the covert and they say that the adapter changes loft from 8.5 to 12.5 (same as 2013)
And open,neutral,closed options.
Therefore I assume it's identical to 2013 adapter

Reading articles on the covert and they say that the adapter changes loft from 8.5 to 12.5 (same as 2013)

I hope so. that would definitely help with a side-by-side comparison.

Identical adapter to the Covert 1.0

Back