Snowboarding: Who does it?

My stick. I think it looks frickin dirty.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387903287451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387903287451.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387903300051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387903300051.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
The Flow bindings argument is so played out. It's like cast vs. forged. Scotty Lago and the Flow team might have something to say about that "true" snowboarder comment. I know plenty of "true" snowboarders that use them and love them. I've had them in the past and had I not fallen in love with 390's I would probably still have them. It's personal preference and to tell someone that they absolutely should not even consider them is doing a disservice to that person. I'm not trashing your opinion but I just think it's wrong.

The Flow bindings argument is so played out. It's like cast vs. forged. Scotty Lago and the Flow team might have something to say about that "true" snowboarder comment. I know plenty of "true" snowboarders that use them and love them. I've had them in the past and had I not fallen in love with 390's I would probably still have them. It's personal preference and to tell someone that they absolutely should not even consider them is doing a disservice to that person. I'm not trashing your opinion but I just think it's wrong.

I agree, although anything other than the nxt line is junk. I had 3 different models break on me when I first moved to CO.

I guess it is all personal preference but I just don't know why anyone would ever want to ride flows... sure the quick get in is nice, as kooky as it is, but they just lack so much else. As far as camber being dead, that is far from the truth, it is making a strong resurgence. What Capita board did you try?

I guess it is all personal preference but I just don't know why anyone would ever want to ride flows... sure the quick get in is nice, as kooky as it is, but they just lack so much else. As far as camber being dead, that is far from the truth, it is making a strong resurgence. What Capita board did you try?

Camber is more of an option than it was a couple of years ago but if you spend any time in powder, camber just doesn't work nearly as well.

I ve been on 5 capitas if my memory serves me. Both horrorscopes, both indoor survivals and one other that I'm not remembering at the moment

I do like the debate going on. And I know snowboarding is like golf as you need to find what is best for you. But I need to learn so I need something to learn on after this year I will probably be looking again. My stats are 6' 175 lbs and a 12-13 shoe size.

Right now I am looking at getting good boots and bindings as I can use them on a new board. I found some DC the judge dual boa on craigslist new I think I'm going to get and was going to get the K2 bindings but it seems no one likes those so I will look at something else. Also does more expensive mean better quality in snowboarding?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I do like the debate going on. And I know snowboarding is like golf as you need to find what is best for you. But I need to learn so I need something to learn on after this year I will probably be looking again. My stats are 6' 175 lbs and a 12-13 shoe size.

Right now I am looking at getting good boots and bindings as I can use them on a new board. I found some DC the judge dual boa on craigslist new I think I'm going to get and was going to get the K2 bindings but it seems no one likes those so I will look at something else. Also does more expensive mean better quality in snowboarding?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Is definitely go 157-159 and wide. A regular board won't have the waist width to support that size shoe.

Don't buy boots without trying them on... EVER. Go to a boardshop and try everything you can on. Then if you like, you can shop for whatever felt best online if that's the way ii want to go.

As far as price goes, higher price can mean better gear but the manufacturing processes of the companies play a big part in whether its worth the investment. Companies like Burton, k2, Rome, etc are all machine made, where as ones like NS, arbor, and other smaller boutique companies handbuild their boards so the quality control tends to better, so you tend to get more durability and less defects. Price can matter, but its not the be all end all.

Most important thing is to give yourself as much versatility in the gear you do get so that it can tackle whatever whims you catch in your riding as you progress.

Is definitely go 157-159 and wide. A regular board won't have the waist width to support that size shoe.

Don't buy boots without trying them on... EVER. Go to a boardshop and try everything you can on. Then if you like, you can shop for whatever felt best online if that's the way ii want to go.

As far as price goes, higher price can mean better gear but the manufacturing processes of the companies play a big part in whether its worth the investment. Companies like Burton, k2, Rome, etc are all machine made, where as ones like NS, arbor, and other smaller boutique companies handbuild their boards so the quality control tends to better, so you tend to get more durability and less defects. Price can matter, but its not the be all end all.

Most important thing is to give yourself as much versatility in the gear you do get so that it can tackle whatever whims you catch in your riding as you progress.

I love arbor boards and have for years (every year i say im gonna snowboard) I just don't know if I want to shell out that kind of cash on a first board. I agree about the boots whenever I get off this storm work im heading to the shop to try out all the different boots. Bindings are what I'm having the hardest time with.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Been snowboarding now for about 9 years. Can't wait to get out this year!!!

I really felt the need to echo what was said about boots. I bought boots online based on reviews I read one time and it was such a huge mistake. My feet hurt like hell every time I used them. Thankfully I got them on Dogfunk and they let me exchange them after an entire season hoping they would break in. The BOA system is easy and convenient but you might get a few looks on the mountain when clicking your boots tighter.

I love arbor boards and have for years (every year i say im gonna snowboard) I just don't know if I want to shell out that kind of cash on a first board. I agree about the boots whenever I get off this storm work im heading to the shop to try out all the different boots. Bindings are what I'm having the hardest time with.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I understand your apprehension but the option is spend now and grow into a board that will last you or buy something lesser that will need replaced in a year or two. It really depends on how much you plan to ride as well. Go with whatever provides provides you with the greatest cost benefit.

Bindings are kind of the easiest of the gear because most are so adjustable these days that a little tinkering with settings can be a night and day difference. I suggested the targas because the can be fully adjusted from soft to hard. They just provide a great range of adjustibility.

Ya, I'm probably going to go with a cheaper board for my first one, just til I get the ins and outs of all things snowboarding

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Ya, I'm probably going to go with a cheaper board for my first one, just til I get the ins and outs of all things snowboarding

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Right on, man. Have fun and good luck! Remember that if you aren't falling down, you aren't learning

Right on, man. Have fun and good luck! Remember that if you aren't falling down, you aren't learning

How are alibi boards?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

How are alibi boards?

Keep Calm and Golf On.
I bought one once and hated the thing. You probably won't know the difference between it and other boards if you're just starting out. Try for a Rome, M3, or Nitro. Those would all be good starter boards in my books. What's your budget?

Not reall any set budget, but the cheaper the better. I found an alibi board for $179 and I think I may jump on it.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Here's three I would recommend over that one. I can keep looking if you don't like either. I'm 5'11" and my 157 is a little short, but I like control in the park for jumps and rails. If you are just riding all mountain, I'd go around 159 because once your boots are on, it'll feel short.

http://www.the-house.com/9857rdagew12zz-ride-snowboards.html
http://www.the-house.com/9855k2brgw13zz-k2-snowboards.html
http://www.the-house.com/9856bttsw13zz-burton-snowboards.html

A buddy of mine had some decent hills out at his home growing up, and I tried to snowboard, but I just couldn't do it.

Yeah, alibi is junk from what I know but so is m3. Rome and nitro are good companies. My first deck was a nitro.

Yeah, alibi is junk from what I know but so is m3. Rome and nitro are good companies. My first deck was a nitro.

See, I really enjoyed my M3. I've also heard that people don't like them, too. It must be one of the "love them or hate them" type companies.

They were decent when at their peak but they almost or did die a few years back. The problem with most of the 300 and less boards is that they end up being a cap construction, which is easier and cheaper to produce but far less durable and much less performance.

I don't necessarily insist on spending 500 on a board but at about 300 you get into some higher quality that will last longer and won't hold back progression

Well I made my first snowboarding purchase and bought the Rome 390 bindings. I'm hoping they work well.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Well I made my first snowboarding purchase and bought the Rome 390 bindings. I'm hoping they work well.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Best bindings I've owned to date. Nice buy!

Best bindings I've owned to date. Nice buy!

Sweet, I found them for $140 new so figured that was a good buy.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Back