Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sadly having jamming problems with my new 870. Every few rounds it will lock up. I was using cheap remington 2 3/4 target ammo. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed the bolt, I bought some 3 inch federal target ammo and I'm hoping it works better tomrrow.

On the bright side, someone took an old tv and vacuum to the desert and we shot it up.

I'm sadly having jamming problems with my new 870. Every few rounds it will lock up. I was using cheap remington 2 3/4 target ammo. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed the bolt, I bought some 3 inch federal target ammo and I'm hoping it works better tomrrow.

On the bright side, someone took an old tv and vacuum to the desert and we shot it up.
that sounds so fun. i got lots of junk to blow up but nowhere to do it

that sounds so fun. i got lots of junk to blow up but nowhere to do it

That's the fun part of living in the desert haha my girl shot a vacuum dead today.

I looked around and I read that many recent 870s have this same FTE problem, and that it's often a micro burr in the breach. I'm going to polish it a bit and see of it fixes it.

Remingtons quality has gone down since it was acquired by freedom group.

Same with everything else they've acquired.

Remingtons quality has gone down since it was acquired by freedom group.

Same with everything else they've acquired.

Yeah I've heard of that. I wish I bought something else, my older 870 has no problems whatsoever. But this was all I could afford haha.

Yea, Mossberg is another option, but the Remington is so versatile.

I bought mine a few years ago, no issues, but it's not the same quality of my grandfather's and uncle's I grew up shooting.

Unfortunately it seems like it's hard for firearm companies to stay afloat, since they're always bring bought out, Savage was recently bought out, but their quality was going down a bit before that, McMillan rifles was bought out recently as well.

ATK, and Freedom Group are big players, but only care about profit.

Marlin was really bad after it was bought put by freedom group, just absolutely horrible.

Yea, Mossberg is another option, but the Remington is so versatile.

I bought mine a few years ago, no issues, but it's not the same quality of my grandfather's and uncle's I grew up shooting.

Unfortunately it seems like it's hard for firearm companies to stay afloat, since they're always bring bought out, Savage was recently bought out, but their quality was going down a bit before that, McMillan rifles was bought out recently as well.

ATK, and Freedom Group are big players, but only care about profit.

Marlin was really bad after it was bought put by freedom group, just absolutely horrible.

Who bought out S&W? I remember they lost a ton of business in the 90s because they made a deal with the devil and embraced Clinton's gun control policies and based their manufacture on them. They nearly went bankrupt.

I think s&w is still their own company, Springfield, Colt, and Ruger are as well.

I think s&w is still their own company, Springfield, Colt, and Ruger are as well.

I hope it stays that way, I've had good luck from those 4 companies.

Yeah I've heard of that. I wish I bought something else, my older 870 has no problems whatsoever. But this was all I could afford haha.

My 590A1 has ran flawless.

Why are Springfields built in Croatia?? What happend to us.

swing your swing

swing your swing

Aren't only some of their lines built here? I wonder if being in a gun control state affects their production.

Not sure my brother in law bought a xdm .40 and it has built in Croatia. He was disappointed thinking it was American made. Gun shoots lights out though. Great accuracy and 15 + 1 in .40 more than enough.

swing your swing

Who bought out S&W? I remember they lost a ton of business in the 90s because they made a deal with the devil and embraced Clinton's gun control policies and based their manufacture on them. They nearly went bankrupt.
s&w was never bought out to my knowledge but a lot of ppl believe they were sell outs because of their politics against their own industry

s&w was never bought out to my knowledge but a lot of ppl believe they were sell outs because of their politics against their own industry

That's crazy, I'm glad they were able to recover after bending to the will of political pressure. I remember they were targeted as sell outs.

So I found out all I need to do is a simple chamber polish, the hull expansion after firing a round and a rough chamber finish causes the round to lock up, and it's very common with some newer 870s.

gun oil.jpg

My new favorite gun oil.

Came out better than I thought! The hardest part surprisingly was getting the stock screw to catch.
yXkaPdu.jpg

This setup looks extremely clean. How much weight was lost with the furniture swap?

Came out better than I thought! The hardest part surprisingly was getting the stock screw to catch.
yXkaPdu.jpg

This setup looks extremely clean. How much weight was lost with the furniture swap?

also is the FDE or OD, sometime hard to tell, and i did not think OD was out yet, if ever.

swing your swing

Aren't only some of their lines built here? I wonder if being in a gun control state affects their production.

Not sure my brother in law bought a xdm .40 and it has built in Croatia. He was disappointed thinking it was American made. Gun shoots lights out though. Great accuracy and 15 + 1 in .40 more than enough.

swing your swing

The design of the XD has always been a Croatia thing, Springfield adopted it, marketed it up and added a ton of cost. One reason i never gave the XD a chance was because it was Croatia, also Springfield has a number of 1911s that are forged in south america.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

went by walmart and they have every caliber handgun ammo but no cheap 9mm range ammo
i might have to bite the bullet figuratively speaking and buy some at the more expensive place for a few bucks more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back