Status
Not open for further replies.
went by walmart and they have every caliber handgun ammo but no cheap 9mm range ammo
i might have to bite the bullet figuratively speaking and buy some at the more expensive place for a few bucks more

I may have to dig out some of my cheap 9mm ammo and celebrate the new year in true redneck fashion by putting a few rounds through my ol' Ruger P89 at midnight.
Last year I popped off a round or two with my little LCP.

I may have to dig out some of my cheap 9mm ammo and celebrate the new year in true redneck fashion by putting a few rounds through my ol' Ruger P89 at midnight.
Last year I popped off a round or two with my little LCP.
i wanted to go to the range today and pop some fireworks out of my rifle and handgun but couldnt get around to it

btw... happy new year everyone

The design of the XD has always been a Croatia thing, Springfield adopted it, marketed it up and added a ton of cost. One reason i never gave the XD a chance was because it was Croatia, also Springfield has a number of 1911s that are forged in south america.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

Yea, it's not American. Springfield has put some input into the newer designs, the XDM, and XDS. The XD, is clunky in my opinion. Still a great gun.

If you want an American polymer pistol that's good, S&W is your only bet.

I took my new 870 into a dealer today (I unfortunately bought it at dicks because my local gun deal didn't have them) and the guy that always does the work on my guns ran dozens of rounds through it and noticed it only locks up on the first round, with a full magazine tube and one in the chamber. I have to call remington after the holiday :/

Yea, it's not American. Springfield has put some input into the newer designs, the XDM, and XDS. The XD, is clunky in my opinion. Still a great gun.

Plus with apex, the M&P can become even better

doesnt glock have a factory in georgia?

Last I knew they were still made in Austria and imported.

Last I knew they were still made in Austria and imported.
i googled it cuz i remember the youtubers iraqveteran8888 kept saying the glock factory is just down the street from them and they were glock homers
glock has a factory in smyrna georgia... lots of ppl inquiring about touring the factory

Interesting. I guess I haven't heard that.

I've been on the phone all morning with remington, I hope they get this fixed for me. Ugh!

Magpul is moving operations. WY is getting the manufacturing (Hell Yeah) and they're moving headquarters to TX. I know Magpul had concerns about their employees. Cheyenne WY isn't too far from their current location. Looks like they'll likely keep a majority of their employees. Nice work Magpul!

Hmmm.... I think it's time to get into the AR market. Where to start?

Guns....

Look at Wyndham weaponry, basically all the personnel that were replaced by the freedom group buy out at bushmaster made a new company. I have one and they are fantastic, and affordable. Look for one with M4 feeding ramp, chrome lines barrel. also look into the M&P 15 series by smith and Wesson. Make sure you check out magpul stuff too.

Last edited:

It's a good time to buy. Looks as though supply is finally exceeding demand and the prices are coming down. Most of our local shops have plenty on the shelves. There's plenty of folks on this site that have more knowledge about the AR platform. I have and like my Colt 6721 HBAR. photo (3).jpg

It's a good time to buy. Looks as though supply is finally exceeding demand and the prices are coming down. Most of our local shops have plenty on the shelves. There's plenty of folks on this site that have more knowledge about the AR platform. I have and like my Colt 6721 HBAR. View attachment 12398

I don't know how I trust Walmart and stuff like that, but I've seen several colt LE6*** series that have the magpul furniture and chrome lined barrel for about $1000 even. Might be a good starter.

Some of y'all have some serious setups. I've only ever shot targets with other people's stuff, but it's always been a blast. I'm not a great shot, but I'm not terrible!

i need to get back on the range. wish i coulda gone during the holidays but it was way too hectic

I don't know how I trust Walmart and stuff like that, but I've seen several colt LE6*** series that have the magpul furniture and chrome lined barrel for about $1000 even. Might be a good starter.

I think Wallyworld sells the Colt 6920. They're pretty nice ARs. I haven't bought a gun from Walmart but a friend picked up a Sig AR from them. They coated the gun with cosmoline. The thing was a nightmare to clean up before shooting. I was told they do this because typically guns sit quite awhile before they're sold. Doubt this is the case in the last two years. I have a friend that is selling S&W M&P ARs for $800 and Cabelas is selling DPMS for about $800 as well. That's the cheapest I've seen out there. Never shot a S&W and the only DPMS I've shot was a .308.

I was looking at reviews for the M&P Shield I just bought. I ran across the website Thetruthaboutguns.com. They have some good reviews on guns. They also have a section called gun facts. Many of them are very interesting. It's worth checking out if you have a few minutes.

i googled it cuz i remember the youtubers iraqveteran8888 kept saying the glock factory is just down the street from them and they were glock homers
glock has a factory in smyrna georgia... lots of ppl inquiring about touring the factory

My Gen 3 Glock is from Austria but I have seen some with USA markings on the slide, I won't complain about mine until it fails and is the guns fault, not some sub par quality ammo

My Gen 3 Glock is from Austria but I have seen some with USA markings on the slide, I won't complain about mine until it fails and is the guns fault, not some sub par quality ammo

You'll likely be waiting until hell freezes over to complain. Love my glock 23. I'm liking my two M&Ps but if the SHTF I'll likely be packing the glock.

Guns....

I think Wallyworld sells the Colt 6920. They're pretty nice ARs. I haven't bought a gun from Walmart but a friend picked up a Sig AR from them. They coated the gun with cosmoline. The thing was a nightmare to clean up before shooting. I was told they do this because typically guns sit quite awhile before they're sold. Doubt this is the case in the last two years. I have a friend that is selling S&W M&P ARs for $800 and Cabelas is selling DPMS for about $800 as well. That's the cheapest I've seen out there. Never shot a S&W and the only DPMS I've shot was a .308.

Yeah I'd rather pay a bit more and support a local gun store when I buy my M&P 15 AR. I checked out the sport version for $700, not bad

qzj9oo9.jpg

I'm going to miss my new friend, hopefully remington replaces it or fixes the problems.

Guns....

870 has got to be the best selling shotgun on the market. Great customer service seems to be standard in the gun industry. I'm sure they'll make it right. It's a nice looking shotty. Make sure we get some pics or video blowing something up.

I'm going to miss my new friend, hopefully remington replaces it or fixes the problems.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back