Club Champion Fitting - Houston

JFlores

Reaction score
Handicap
Alright guys, I thought I would go ahead and write up a "brief" description on how my fitting went, if your looking for data, I will try to remember as much as I can but I have slept since then. Also please ask as many question as you guys may have, I will try to do my best. If there are any Houston area guys or surrounding area guys on the fence about doing a fitting, DO IT!!! You can not go wrong with the promo they are currently running, 50% off entire bag fitting, driver fitting, putter fitting, iron fittings whatever fitting you want.

I did an entire bag fitting, if this is your poison be prepared for 3.5 - 4 hrs worth of hitting golf balls, get some good sleep, eat breakfast, bring snacks and gatorade. You will need it, it is an exhausting experience you will not want to hit golf balls for days. You will leave ready for a nap, unfortunately I have two toddlers so no napping for me.

Alright well time to get to the good stuff, I will do it in number format for easy reading I hope

1. When I got there, I met Trevor (cool and knowledgeable dude, A+++). We discussed my game, my misses, my scores. We discussed whether I was doing lesson, who was my instructor. The back and forth was easy since we had common friends, and my closest friend (UofH golf coach) and fitter were good friends as well. Asked whether I was looking to optimize bag or if I wanted to his new irons. I told him I was interested in hitting AP1 and Apex.

2. Iron Fitting- Currently gaming X Hots 6-AW. Asked me to warm up with whatever club I wanted, I warmed up with PW and 9 iron, he took a look at the numbers and where my misses were. Once I was warmed, we hit my 6 iron. They base fittings off of 6 iron. He asked me if I had any idea about the trackman numbers, I did since I practice a bit with my close friend and use trackman at the University practice facility. He saw that my misses were left, so he applied tape to the face and bottom of the angle to check for lie/length. My misses were off the heel, so he checked for weight and he decided he would lighten my shaft by putting lead tape on shaft by the grip end (I am a newbie, description might be wrong), Immediately I SS was 78-82 mph, with 115-118mph ball speed, 168 carry/184 total, with a push/fade flight pattern, 6-8 shots landed within a 25 foot radius all with same flight pattern all left of target but my misses were less. That was the weight he wanted my irons (D0 for 6-AW). Next he pulled about several shafts to test using same specs ie weights from stock shaft to see if I could get more distance better despersion, I tried C-Tapers, C-Taper Lights, KBS Tour 90, Nippon 850, the only shafts that came close to producing same ball speed, swing speed, smash factor, and spin as stock was KBS Tour 90 and C Taper Lights. Based on his reports he recommends either stock or KBS Tour 90 Stiff with a D0 swing weight. He left the lead tape on my 6iron & 9 iron to test on my own, if I like the adjustment then he will make changes to all my irons, I have decided to go with the KBS Tour 90 so I am asking around to get a decent price.

3. Wedges- currently gaming MCD2 52* & 56*, hit a few practice swings, saw that misses were fat and to the left. Put some tape saw that I was hitting off the heel. He bent them 2* flat and made them lighter by adding lead tape as the process described above. He got my miss down to 6-8 feet left of target by the simple changes, he asked me to give them a try outside to see if I like, then we can take it from there. Did not try different shafts, but recommended Ideally he would want me in KBS Tour 90 shafts, wants the same shafts for irons/wedges.

4. Driver - currently game callaway optiforce 43gram PXV, set at 10.5 Draw setting.The big dog, this is where you exert your energy. Big dawg was a big dud. My misses were all left, not much distance either probably 200 carry, 230 overall. Terrible, hitting off the heel. He weighed my driver, weighed in at a swing weight of C8, fitter was like this isnt for you. He couldn't weigh down my driver enough without it being bulky with tape to test. So he got a PING Anser, Diamana Ilima 70 S shaft on it, put some tape on the face to see where I was hitting it. 8 straight times I hit it dead center, I was hitting it now 210 carry, with 255 overall. My swing speed was 92-95 with ball speeds up to 140 mph. With the changes I was hitting with a slight draw, recommended a stiffer shaft and heavier weight about a D4. So I purchased the Diamana 70S Ilima on ebay, will be taking to make changes and putting the optiforce head on the shaft.

5. Hybrids/Fairway Woods - Currently game X Hots 3H-5H and 3W, not many changes here probably the only thing in the bag that is consistent being the hybrids. He made them heavier though, slow down my tempo. Recommends a swing weight of D2. Fairway Wood he put a Diamiana Ilima Shaft on the Jet Speed, anyone thinking Jet Speed, this is a nice club. Like the simple black look and its fairly long.
He cut down my shaft .5 and added lead tape to make the overall Swing Weight a D3.

6. Putter - game Pro Type 2 Ball, he made me take a couple swings, then hit 7 balls and the machine does the calculating. We went over the numbers, he adjusted the lie and loft as my swing path is open. After changes, much better. Time to practice on putting.

Overall it was great, Trevor and company highly recommended. Tell him Jack Flores sent you if you Houston guys go. Any question please feel free to ask.

Very cool writeup, thank you! This facility is about 10 minutes away from where my in-laws live, we pass it every time they bring us home from the airport there. It's so tempting for me to do a fitting there, but I'm not sure I want to pay the money for it! Your review has me pondering it even more now.

Forgot to mention that I also demo Apex and AP1 with kbs tour 90 and C Taper Lite with the suggested swing weight, not enough improvement for him to recommend putting me in them. Like I said, sales was not a big thing for the fitter.

Glad to see that there was not much pressure from a sales perspective. This place really interests me, but I am not in a position to drop a few grand to replace my bag, so being in a little to no pressure atmosphere is comforting. However, I would really like to know how my fit for my irons has changed in the last 4 years. It would also be nice to have a guide on a good fitting shaft for my driver as it has been a mess lately. I have a few questions:

How was their left handed selection of clubs to hit?
Were the club alterations included as part of the fitting price?
Do they keep a good stock of newer release clubs on hand?
How far ahead did you have to book this?
Was it difficult to get an appointment?
How many hitting bays do they have?
What information was provided during the putter fitting?

Great post, thanks for sharing! My swing/club situation seems pretty similar and reading how the iron shaft and driver fitting went has convinced me this is something I want to go through.

On the putter fitting, did he recommend a certain type of putter, specific shaft (heel, plumber, center) and/or make and model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How was their left handed selection of clubs to hit? Not sure, I am right handed. But when you set up your fitting via online they ask if your LH/RH, I can only assume that they will get the stuff you need prior to getting there.
Were the club alterations included as part of the fitting price? Honestly I don't want to mislead you in this because I don't know. My fitting was taken care of by my good friend. What I did gather though from other guys that have been, if it something simple as bending your irons, there are no costs associated with it. If they have to trim your club, then you will probably be out a grip. They added the lead tape where no adjustments to the actual iron was made. I am sure when I bring in my shafts to be placed into Driver and Iron, I am sure there are cost associated with that.
Do they keep a good stock of newer release clubs on hand? They had the Titliest 714 AP1 & AP2, Apex, I thought I saw some Mizunos. They usually run promo where you can demo clubs with variety of shafts. I know come later this month they will have the Xhots2
How far ahead did you have to book this? You schedule your fitting online, you pick a date/time as well as an alternate date/time. Work base on that.
Was it difficult to get an appointment? Easy!
How many hitting bays do they have? Two bays.
What information was provided during the putter fitting? During the fitting they provided data as far path of your club, whether your face at impact is closed or open, the program shoots out recommend lie/loft, these were adjusted on my putter. Program shows progression of your putter face from backswing through impact. It will tell you the recommend putter grip, lie, loft.

Great post, thanks for sharing! My swing/club situation seems pretty similar and reading how the iron shaft and driver fitting went has convinced me this is something I want to go through.

On the putter fitting, did he recommend a certain type of putter, specific shaft (heel, plumber, center) and/or make and model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The program they use, does all the work for them. Tells them what kind of putter is recommend whether it be mallet or blade. Tells them grip recommended, for me it said standard but I have a Super Stroke Slim 2.0, fitter was like its all personal. The program recommended toe hang adjustment, but fitter did not agree with the assessment so he didnt make that adjustment.

Very cool write up! I've always wanted to undergo a full, one on one fitting through the bag. I may be doing that this year if I have it my way, now I know what to expect! Thanks.

Thats awesome reading to see they were very helpful with your fitting. I am actually going to the Willowbrook location in Chicago tomorrow so this is quite helpful. Say im just worried ill get there and be rusty and be off. But I guess they will help me out because hey thats what Im there for. Say im just going to see what I need and not there to buy. Like I have heard from the past prices are pretty high there. But hopefully I have the same kind of expereience.

I have a putter fitting at noon today. I'll be back later tonight with a write up from the fitting. Very excited to finally figure out what type of putter I should be playing with.

Really enjoyed the write up. Would love to do this at some point. I would love to see what a full bag fitting could do for my game.

I signed up for the full bag fitting, which will be next Wed. I'll also do a write up afterwards.

Taps away

I signed up for the full bag fitting, which will be next Wed. I'll also do a write up afterwards.

Taps away

Nice. In thinking of doing same after I get a few winter lessons under my belt this month. Let us know how you like it.

I was able to go to Club Champion today and do a putter fitting. I will do a full bag before the special runs out, but right now my main concern is my putter. A few things about me and my putter to provide context from the results:
1. Currently putting with an Odyssey Tour Design Black Series #1W 35", 3* loft, Lie 70, no offset. SS 2.0 mid-slim grip
2. I'm an aggressive putter. I hate leaving anything short. This usually results in me have a less than desirable come back putt that leads to 3putts. misses are usually left.
3. Prior to the fitting I had rounds where the low number of putts was 29 & the high was 44
4. This summer I incorporated a forward press to help me with keeping the head square at impact and getting the ball rolling forward quicker. This worked for a little bit, but still found myself with distance control issues
5. I recently ditched the forward press and started putting more conventional. not sure if it was right or wrong, but I felt the forward press was over complicating the stroke.

Club Champion Facilities- My fitting was with Trevor Sauntry, GM & Master Fitter/Builder. From the moment I walked in Trevor was engaging and that put me at ease. I always worry with instructors/fitters and if their agenda is different. The space is not very large, but it is large enough for the service they are providing. Immediately when you walk in the putting green is right there with the SAM machine set up. I would say the putting green is probably a 14x7 square surface.

Introduction - Trevor and I sat down and he asked me what I felt was wrong. He asked about my comfort with my putter and my reason for choosing that style of putter. He asked about my misses, distances I felt comfortable with, and really wanted to get a background on how I putted & my thinking behind it. It was low key and like two friends discussing putting. From there he explained the process & what we would be doing. (putter fittings are about an hour long)

Fitting - Trevor set me up on the putting green from a distance that was about 7-10 feet if I had to guess. He asked me to hit some putts and not to worry about if they went in or not. Just hit putts so he can get a visual of what I was doing. He encouraged to go through any pre-shot routine and practice strokes I would normally take on the course. I hit about 10 or so putts and of course I drain like 8 of them to which we laughed because he said "your fixed". From here he proceeded to connect the SAM putting sensor to my putter and started the fitting process

Fitting - Trevor set up my putter so it would register on the SAM. I set up to the ball and the first measurement taken was face aim. ( I will summarize all the measurements in a bit). I would hit 7 balls before any adjustments & 7 balls after recommended adjustments were made & this would measure 10cm before and after impact to get a picture of what the putter head was doing throughout the stroke. This would indicate how much of an arc I putt on. It also measures rotation at impact & Rotation against path. It provided a "top view' which indicated direction, path arc & how consistent my putting stroke is. Spot & Lie measurement provided lie angle at impact & horizontal spot at impact. Shaft at impact was measured and lastly launch was measured. I also would know how consistent & repeatable my putting stroke is. I was told typically tour pros have a consistent putting stroke between 75% - 100% of the time.

1st Fitting (no adjustments):
Head Balance - 30 degree toe hang
Loft - 3.0 degrees
Lie - 70
Face Aim - closed .09 degrees Face at Impact - open .04 degrees Face 10cm before impact - open 2.5 degrees Face 10cm after impact - closed 1.2 degrees
Top View - Direction was 1.2 degrees left & path arc= 9.0 degrees/m (I was putting consistently 63% of the time)
Spot & Lie at impact - lie angle was .03 degree toe up & Horizontal spot (impact on face from center) was 5.0mm heel
Shaft at impact - 1.8 degrees add loft & making the dynamic loft 4.8 degrees at impact (standard loft was 3.0 + 1.8 I was adding at impact)
Launch- Rise at impact was 3.2 degrees upward Predicted Launch was 4.4 degrees up & Predicted Spin was 'back'

From the initial results the following was determined:
1. I was 'crouching' too much over the ball & this was putting my eyes in front of the ball. He recommended to try and stand a little taller at address and this would help with my eyes positioned over the ball to slightly inside
2. My putting stroke is on a slight arc & my stroke was adding loft at impact..Even though I was opening the face during the backstroke & closing it after impact I was doing a great job of getting the face back to 'square' at impact. I'm hitting the ball on the upper half & that is good. We adjusted the loft on my putter from 3.0 degrees to .5 degrees to help with spin.
3. My 'style' putter was good for me & he reiterated again to me that going to a bigger putter (mallet or perimeter weighted) would not be necessary, but if I wanted to try them out to see if they fit my eye he would not discourage it. The #7 style putter from Odyssey has been a ponder so if I switch styles that will be most likely the one I try out. 4. it was recommended prior to the loft adjustment was maybe going to a SS Mid-Slim 3.0 from a 2.0.

2nd Fitting (loft adjusted & stance corrected)
Loft - .05 degrees
Lie - 70
Face Aim - open .02 degrees Face at Impact - open .08 degrees Face 10cm before impact - open 2.7 degrees Face 10cm after impact - closed .06 degrees
Top View - Direction was 1.1 degrees left & path arc= 6.0 degrees/m (the adjustments have me putting on a more consistent path and results were 73%)
Spot & Lie at impact - lie angle was .05 degree toe up & Horizontal spot (impact on face from center) was 4.1mm heel (more center hits)
Shaft at impact - 2.0 degrees add loft & making the dynamic loft 2.5 degrees at impact (standard loft now is .05 + 2.0 I am adding at impact)
Launch - Rise at impact was 3.1 degrees upward Predicted Launch was 2.6 degrees up & Predicted Spin was 'top'
(these results suggested a standard grip, but my SS mid-slim 2.0 currently on did not need to be replaced)

Conclusion - Although it seems like a lot of information, the way it was presented was easy to understand and made a lot of sense. Trevor did an excellent job of breaking it down. Basically before the adjustments I was adding loft at impact and because the loft was where it was stock, I was applying backspin to my putts resulting in distance control & the "skidding" sound I was hearing. My poor stance was contributing to my misses and not allowing me to putt along the line I thought I was. After the adjustments to my putter and standing a little taller I could immediately see & hear the ball rolling more purely. The 'skidding' sound was gone.

One thing I will note is that there was never any pressure to sell me another putter. I got the feeling that they are there to truly make sure your bag is set up properly to help you shoot the best score you can. When you leave there you will have no doubt your equipment is set up for success & its up to you to put a good swing into play.

I cannot recommend Club Champion enough. This was only a putter fitting, but the process was very educational and with no pressure. I can't wait to get the rest of my bag analyzed. I know this is a lengthy write up, so if anyone has any specific questions regarding an area I may have missed or just wants further details, please ask. you can even PM me if you like.

I was able to go to Club Champion today and do a putter fitting. I will do a full bag before the special runs out, but right now my main concern is my putter. A few things about me and my putter to provide context from the results:
1. Currently putting with an Odyssey Tour Design Black Series #1W 35", 3* loft, Lie 70, no offset. SS 2.0 mid-slim grip
2. I'm an aggressive putter. I hate leaving anything short. This usually results in me have a less than desirable come back putt that leads to 3putts. misses are usually left.
3. Prior to the fitting I had rounds where the low number of putts was 29 & the high was 44
4. This summer I incorporated a forward press to help me with keeping the head square at impact and getting the ball rolling forward quicker. This worked for a little bit, but still found myself with distance control issues
5. I recently ditched the forward press and started putting more conventional. not sure if it was right or wrong, but I felt the forward press was over complicating the stroke.

Club Champion Facilities- My fitting was with Trevor Sauntry, GM & Master Fitter/Builder. From the moment I walked in Trevor was engaging and that put me at ease. I always worry with instructors/fitters and if their agenda is different. The space is not very large, but it is large enough for the service they are providing. Immediately when you walk in the putting green is right there with the SAM machine set up. I would say the putting green is probably a 14x7 square surface.

Introduction - Trevor and I sat down and he asked me what I felt was wrong. He asked about my comfort with my putter and my reason for choosing that style of putter. He asked about my misses, distances I felt comfortable with, and really wanted to get a background on how I putted & my thinking behind it. It was low key and like two friends discussing putting. From there he explained the process & what we would be doing. (putter fittings are about an hour long)

Fitting - Trevor set me up on the putting green from a distance that was about 7-10 feet if I had to guess. He asked me to hit some putts and not to worry about if they went in or not. Just hit putts so he can get a visual of what I was doing. He encouraged to go through any pre-shot routine and practice strokes I would normally take on the course. I hit about 10 or so putts and of course I drain like 8 of them to which we laughed because he said "your fixed". From here he proceeded to connect the SAM putting sensor to my putter and started the fitting process

Fitting - Trevor set up my putter so it would register on the SAM. I set up to the ball and the first measurement taken was face aim. ( I will summarize all the measurements in a bit). I would hit 7 balls before any adjustments & 7 balls after recommended adjustments were made & this would measure 10cm before and after impact to get a picture of what the putter head was doing throughout the stroke. This would indicate how much of an arc I putt on. It also measures rotation at impact & Rotation against path. It provided a "top view' which indicated direction, path arc & how consistent my putting stroke is. Spot & Lie measurement provided lie angle at impact & horizontal spot at impact. Shaft at impact was measured and lastly launch was measured. I also would know how consistent & repeatable my putting stroke is. I was told typically tour pros have a consistent putting stroke between 75% - 100% of the time.

1st Fitting (no adjustments):
Loft - 3.0 degrees
Lie - 70
Face Aim - closed .09 degrees Face at Impact - open .04 degrees Face 10cm before impact - open 2.5 degrees Face 10cm after impact - closed 1.2 degrees
Top View - Direction was 1.2 degrees left & path arc= 9.0 degrees/m (I was putting consistently 63% of the time)
Spot & Lie at impact - lie angle was .03 degree toe up & Horizontal spot (impact on face from center) was 5.0mm heel
Shaft at impact - 1.8 degrees add loft & making the dynamic loft 4.8 degrees at impact (standard loft was 3.0 + 1.8 I was adding at impact)
Launch- Rise at impact was 3.2 degrees upward Predicted Launch was 4.4 degrees up & Predicted Spin was 'back'

From the initial results the following was determined:
1. I was 'crouching' too much over the ball & this was putting my eyes in front of the ball. He recommended to try and stand a little taller at address and this would help with my eyes positioned over the ball to slightly inside
2. My putting stroke is on a slight arc & my stroke was adding loft at impact..Even though I was opening the face during the backstroke & closing it after impact I was doing a great job of getting the face back to 'square' at impact. I'm hitting the ball on the upper half & that is good. We adjusted the loft on my putter from 3.0 degrees to .5 degrees to help with spin.
3. My 'style' putter was good for me & he reiterated again to me that going to a bigger putter (mallet or perimeter weighted) would not be necessary, but if I wanted to try them out to see if they fit my eye he would not discourage it. The #7 style putter from Odyssey has been a ponder so if I switch styles that will be most likely the one I try out. 4. it was recommended prior to the loft adjustment was maybe going to a SS Mid-Slim 3.0 from a 2.0.

2nd Fitting (loft adjusted & stance corrected)
Loft - .05 degrees
Lie - 70
Face Aim - open .02 degrees Face at Impact - open .08 degrees Face 10cm before impact - open 2.7 degrees Face 10cm after impact - closed .06 degrees
Top View - Direction was 1.1 degrees left & path arc= 6.0 degrees/m (the adjustments have me putting on a more consistent path and results were 73%)
Spot & Lie at impact - lie angle was .05 degree toe up & Horizontal spot (impact on face from center) was 4.1mm heel (more center hits)
Shaft at impact - 2.0 degrees add loft & making the dynamic loft 2.5 degrees at impact (standard loft now is .05 + 2.0 I am adding at impact)
Launch - Rise at impact was 3.1 degrees upward Predicted Launch was 2.6 degrees up & Predicted Spin was 'top'
(these results suggested a standard grip, but my SS mid-slim 2.0 currently on did not need to be replaced)

Conclusion - Although it seems like a lot of information, the way it was presented was easy to understand and made a lot of sense. Trevor did an excellent job of breaking it down. Basically before the adjustments I was adding loft at impact and because the loft was where it was stock, I was applying backspin to my putts resulting in distance control & the "skidding" sound I was hearing. My poor stance was contributing to my misses and not allowing me to putt along the line I thought I was. After the adjustments to my putter and standing a little taller I could immediately see & hear the ball rolling more purely. The 'skidding' sound was gone.

One thing I will note is that there was never any pressure to sell me another putter. I got the feeling that they are there to truly make sure your bag is set up properly to help you shoot the best score you can. When you leave there you will have no doubt your equipment is set up for success & its up to you to put a good swing into play.

I cannot recommend Club Champion enough. This was only a putter fitting, but the process was very educational and with no pressure. I can't wait to get the rest of my bag analyzed. I know this is a lengthy write up, so if anyone has any specific questions regarding an area I may have missed or just wants further details, please ask. you can even PM me if you like.
Glad you enjoyed, Trevor is a stand up dude and the conversations about equipment is like having one with a friend. You will have a great time come fitting the rest of your bag. Guys in limbo you
owe it to your game!

Thanks for the writeup. I think I'm going to give Trevor a call.

Those are two fantastic write up fellas! Sound like you two got some fantastic fittings that will change your games.

So is the listed price of $350 for the full bag fitting the discounted rate, or is that package $175 thru February?

So is the listed price of $350 for the full bag fitting the discounted rate, or is that package $175 thru February?

$175..inlcudes the whole bag and ball fitting.

That seems like a really good deal for the information you receive. Just getting your shot data seems worth that. I'm trying to set something up with Trevor in the near future. All my clubs are less than 6 months old, but if there are adjustments that need to and can be made to them I'm definitely open to that.

I had a fitting with Trevor and was very happy with the experience. I learned a lot and actually took some technique improvements away from the fitting as well. I started out golf hitting on the toe alot (6 months ago) and have been compensating by lining up more toward the hosel. I found that with impact tape I was over compensating and needed to line the ball up in the center of the club face. My lies didn't need adjustment on my irons but the loft did on a few clubs and Trevor took care of that. I was trying out a midsize grip on one club with mixed feelings on it. Trevor checked out my grip and said I'm in between regular and midsize, but recommended on sticking with the smallest grip that was still comfortable to make sure the grip doesn't affect me turning my hands over through the swing.

I didn't feel like he was trying to sell me anything. I'm playing reg flex clubs that are just about 6 months old. I needed to increase the swing weight on every club I had. He did so with lead tape and I saw instant improvement. I took 10 shots with my 6i as it was and then 10 more with the weight adjustments. After he removed the two worst shots from each group he showed me them on the screen and the weight cut the dispersion size in half. As a new golfer/high handicapper I was very happy. He said I was borderline between regular flex and stiff, but should expect to purchase stiff shafts on my next set. I told him I was interested in the future, maybe 6 months from now, in purchasing new irons as this first set was more about price as I bought them used for the price (I wanted to make sure golf was something I would stick with before spending too much). With this in mind, he suggested not spending the money on making the weight changes permanent and stick with the lead tape until I'm ready to buy new clubs. He also took a lot of time to offer pointers that helped me as well.

My putter fitting went about the same as the others. He didn't suggest a big change. The SAM suggested a 1* adjustment in loft on my seemore fgp from 3 to 4 degrees. He went ahead and did that for me. I didn't really see much of a difference there. I think I made 4 out of 10 ten foot putts with the remaining being about 1-3 inches pushed right but the right distance. He went over the SAM results which showed why I'm doing that and showed me a little trick lining up two golf balls to help with staying more straight back/through that quickly solved my pushing problem. I will definitely be practicing that drill to try and ingrain the technique.

He suggested golf balls based on my skill (or lack-there-of!) and answered a bunch of follow up questions I had via email after the fitting. He also let me hit several different club heads I was interested in just to satisfy my curiosity.

I played a round today and was impressed with the adjustments made to my clubs. I average a 107 and have broken 100 one time before today with a 99. Today I shot a 98 and had my 2nd birdie since starting golf. He only added the weight on some of my clubs to make sure I liked it and I think this caused a few problems at first. Switching between the two swing weights in my irons caused me to make a few over corrections early on (thin with the clubs without the weight, and then fat with the clubs with weight). I think if I would have had some range time this morning before hand I would have shaved a few more strokes off. I definitely saw improvements in accuracy today. I'm ready to get out to the range this week for some more work with these clubs.

This is very interesting to me, as a fellow high handicapper. I have been operating under the assumption that a "real" fitting won't be as much of a benefit until I get my handicap a bit lower - my swing is constantly changing. After reading your review though I think I might do this sooner than I was planning. The only fitting I've done is in retail stores, and my clubs are to the specs they gave me. I've had two instructors tell me that I might need more length than the simple wrist-to-floor measurement gives. You got a lot better information and specs than I did! I still want to wait a bit but an April timeframe might work. It would be really cool to play through the good weather with clubs that fit me properly. I might need you to show me a round a course or two in Houston if that happens :)

This is very interesting to me, as a fellow high handicapper. I have been operating under the assumption that a "real" fitting won't be as much of a benefit until I get my handicap a bit lower - my swing is constantly changing. After reading your review though I think I might do this sooner than I was planning. The only fitting I've done is in retail stores, and my clubs are to the specs they gave me. I've had two instructors tell me that I might need more length than the simple wrist-to-floor measurement gives. You got a lot better information and specs than I did! I still want to wait a bit but an April timeframe might work. It would be really cool to play through the good weather with clubs that fit me properly. I might need you to show me a round a course or two in Houston if that happens :)

We have some views in the DFW area that might meet your requirements for this. There is Cool Clubs (I think) in Carrollton. I believe there is another place in Colleyville that is very similar and highly rated.

Back