PUMA Cell Fusion Golf Shoes Review

Thanks for the review. Got some coming from Zappo's!

Bump for the PM readers that missed the review on the home page.

They shipped yesterday, should be arriving on Thursday! :banana:

I got my Cell Fusions in last night... They are one of the best looking golf shoes I've seen in person. I was going to do pics, but JB already did a great job with those... I also ordered the Harpias in the White/Black/Red, but there was a delay in their shipping. When I get those in, I'll take pics of both, side by side so you guys can compare.

Unfortunately I live in NY so these bad boys won't be hitting the course for another 3-4 months. I did, however, wear them last night in my "mancave" away from my girlfriend to avoid her mocking me for wearing golf shoes in the house, in the middle of a NY winter. She'll never understand... In the past year, I have purchased the Adidas 360 3.0, Adidas 360 LTD, and the Nike Air Zoom TW. I wear a size 10M for my Nikes and Adidas, and the PUMAs seem to have a similiar fit. I was hitting some puts back and forth, making mock swings, trying to get a feel for the shoes. My initial impressions... they were very comfortable. I would say as far as comfort they are on par with the 3.0s and TWs. At this point I still feel the LTDs are the most comfortable shoes I have ever bought. But to be fair to the Cell Fusions, I haven't gotten a chance to even wear them outside... I have a feeling after around or two these will be right up there with the LTDs. If I get a chance to wear these out somewhere I'll make sure to post an update.

These were the first pair of PUMAs I have purchased, golf or otherwise, and I am really impressed. I love Puma's style and if these shoes are as comfortable as I think they are going to be, I will be buying a lot more Pumas in the future... I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can really test these out!

I forgot to mention a few things with the Cell Fusions... I got a Puma shoe bag, which has become common for golf shoes over $150. What was unusual was they included extra spikes and a tool to loosen and tighten them... I thought that was a nice touch definitely worth mentioning...

I got my Cell Fusions in last night... They are one of the best looking golf shoes I've seen in person. I was going to do pics, but JB already did a great job with those... I also ordered the Harpias in the White/Black/Red, but there was a delay in their shipping. When I get those in, I'll take pics of both, side by side so you guys can compare.

Unfortunately I live in NY so these bad boys won't be hitting the course for another 3-4 months. I did, however, wear them last night in my "mancave" away from my girlfriend to avoid her mocking me for wearing golf shoes in the house, in the middle of a NY winter. She'll never understand... In the past year, I have purchased the Adidas 360 3.0, Adidas 360 LTD, and the Nike Air Zoom TW. I wear a size 10M for my Nikes and Adidas, and the PUMAs seem to have a similiar fit. I was hitting some puts back and forth, making mock swings, trying to get a feel for the shoes. My initial impressions... they were very comfortable. I would say as far as comfort they are on par with the 3.0s and TWs. At this point I still feel the LTDs are the most comfortable shoes I have ever bought. But to be fair to the Cell Fusions, I haven't gotten a chance to even wear them outside... I have a feeling after around or two these will be right up there with the LTDs. If I get a chance to wear these out somewhere I'll make sure to post an update.

These were the first pair of PUMAs I have purchased, golf or otherwise, and I am really impressed. I love Puma's style and if these shoes are as comfortable as I think they are going to be, I will be buying a lot more Pumas in the future... I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can really test these out!

Nice! Thanks for the write up! I have pair coming tomorrow and it sounds like I made good decision!

Got mine last night. They are terrific. Didn't get a chance to hit with them yet, but I did get to cook with them, eat with them, and walk around with them on the rug. Very grippy. Very comfortable, much like wearing a regular pair of sneakers! In the old days, golf shoes with the metal spikes felt like wearing church shoes. Technology has come a long way. I feel that the shoe runs true to size. The one pain was getting off the stickers. They did not come off cleanly but left little sticky paper particles - I hate that.
Overall, very happy with their feel.

Got mine last night. They are terrific. Didn't get a chance to hit with them yet, but I did get to cook with them, eat with them, and walk around with them on the rug. Very grippy. Very comfortable, much like wearing a regular pair of sneakers! In the old days, golf shoes with the metal spikes felt like wearing church shoes. Technology has come a long way. I feel that the shoe runs true to size. The one pain was getting off the stickers. They did not come off cleanly but left little sticky paper particles - I hate that.
Overall, very happy with their feel.

Haha! I had the same problem with the stickers... At least they are on the bottom and the residue will be gone after one round.

Mine came yesterday and wow these are very nice shoes! Best golf shoes Ive ever had by far! The comfort level blows away the Adidas I was wearing before. My only concern is that they are a tad on the big side. Not sure if I go down a half size that they may be too tight. But if I keep these they may end up too loose!

Mine came yesterday and wow these are very nice shoes! Best golf shoes Ive ever had by far! The comfort level blows away the Adidas I was wearing before. My only concern is that they are a tad on the big side. Not sure if I go down a half size that they may be too tight. But if I keep these they may end up too loose!

I am a little surprised. I had this same issue with the Swing Crown GTX, but with these they ran pretty true to size. Maybe it was just my pair. :confused2:

I think its more me then Puma. The size I bought is usually what I wear but if I measure my foot it actually measures a half size smaller. So I think you are right with saying they are spot on. The good thing is Zappos is excellent for exchanging and I have lots of time before it gets warm again.

5 pairs of golf shoes couldbeu ?? you must have a real nice income in our area to support that I'm trying to purchase a new pair of adidas at Dicks for 39.97 which would be my 3rd pair, and my fiancee thinks I am out of my mind and ready to commit me and she golfs too.

5 pairs of golf shoes couldbeu ?? you must have a real nice income in our area to support that I'm trying to purchase a new pair of adidas at Dicks for 39.97 and my fiancee thinks I am out of my mind and ready to commit me and she golfs too.
Well just wait till she's your wife :D

The guys over at Zappos are awesome. I called them for an exchange to a half size smaller and in the process they upgraded me to VIP which means free overnight shipping. Im sure they do that to everyone but man cant beat free overnight. And they are sending out the new Pumas today, be here tomorrow and all before I even shipped mine back. I knew Zappos was good but I didnt know they were that good!

The guys over at Zappos are awesome. I called them for an exchange to a half size smaller and in the process they upgraded me to VIP which means free overnight shipping. Im sure they do that to everyone but man cant beat free overnight. And they are sending out the new Pumas today, be here tomorrow and all before I even shipped mine back. I knew Zappos was good but I didnt know they were that good!

Good to know! I will use them more often.

5 pairs of golf shoes couldbeu ?? you must have a real nice income in our area to support that I'm trying to purchase a new pair of adidas at Dicks for 39.97 which would be my 3rd pair, and my fiancee thinks I am out of my mind and ready to commit me and she golfs too.

I have 8 pairs in rotation... and a few I don't wear anymore. When you can play Champions Tour courses for $50 w/ cart and buy memberships for $1500/year on nice courses it leaves money for golf clothes and shoes... But you're right definitely not common around the Binghamton area.

I have 8 pairs in rotation... and a few I don't wear anymore. When you can play Champions Tour courses for $50 w/ cart and buy memberships for $1500/year on nice courses it leaves money for golf clothes and shoes... But you're right definitely not common around the Binghamton area.

Well Couldbeu don't laugh, the place I'm always at is Dimmock Hill this will be 3rd year myself and my fiancee have a membership 490.00 I know it ain't much they are trying to improve the course, and do some diff things with it, last year was the best it's looked yet prob because of all the rain. Used to be a member at Geneganslet till economy took a turn for the worse.

Lets keep this one about the shoes. Thanks.

I'll be back later tonight to this thread when my exchanged Pumas arrive. I think they will be a perfect fit. Maybe snug at first.

The new Pumas arrived today and JB was right, theyre spot on for sizes. These fit perfectly.

Last edited:
My Puma Harpias arrived on Thursday at work. Since I was out sick for a couple days - bad food at Hardees - I didn't get them until Friday morning. Ordered them through GPPGolf.com, great service.

Haven't taken them out to the course yet, but did wear them around shortly in the office to test fit/feel. They fit perfectly, size ran right on the money just like others had said. I did try on some Puma running shoes to verify size before ordering, but I've been burned by that before too. Very comfortable, and Puma went all out with their packaging like couldbeu said - the Harpias also had the shoe bag, spare spikes, and wrench, plus gppgolf through in a club face brush as well.

Since it rained Saturday and was gusty out today, I'm hoping tomorrow is better and I can get out to the course or range to really try them out.

Awesome! Im very impressed with the Puma golf shoes. The just ooze quality and a bit of exclusiveness! I dont see very many people around my parts wearing Pumas and I like that!

Took these out to the range for the first time. It was a natural grass range, not artificial turf. In addition to feeling like a very comfortable pair of sneakers (do they still use this term?), they were rock solid golf shoes.
I have worn FJ for years. And I had just gotten used to my feet slipping a little bit on follow-through. After going through 2 buckets, my feet were completely silent, and this gave me a sense of lower body stability that I had not experienced in a long time. I loved them and feel they were worth the cost.
Just my 2 cents.

I want the White w/Orange ones that have been specially built for Rickie Fowler. Hate it when companies make clothes only for a golfer but they will never make them available to the public.

I want the White w/Orange ones that have been specially built for Rickie Fowler. Hate it when companies make clothes only for a golfer but they will never make them available to the public.

Check out our limited edition showcase video from the show. They are being released.

I did watch the Video but only saw the Blue, yellow and green. He did say other color block colors but was not specific to which colors those are. Rickie also has an all Orange pair with a white stripe and do not see an example of that coming either. We will see in march but I have a feeling that the public will not be seeing either of those shoes.

Back