What club do you tinker with or change out the most?

Putter, followed closely by the driver.

Driver, driver driver, just never happy with it (yes it may be the Indian)

Always fun to see whats in your bag when we tee it up and how many.

Putters for me I rolled 4 different putters, Ping, DLL and 2 seemores this yr. The M1 is in there to stay for the time being.

I'd say putter. I've owned hundreds in my life but have learned to just stick to one style these days.

Driver all day.

No matter how far or straight I hit my driver I always think that a shaft change or some lead tape or a different loft or a different club altogether will give me better results. I will tinker with the driver to a fault and to be honest it's probably bad for my game overall.

Driver. I used to change it every year thinking that a new one would be better than the one I was gaming at the time.

Not just ONE club for me, but my irons in general. Been through a half dozen sets over the last year and a half and my resolution this year is to stick with what I have and do my best to master them and be a better ball striker. IF I mess with anything, it will be the putter.

Putter and wedges. I have yet to find a putter i love. I like my mfgp but i putt better with the rossie. I can use any putter and my score will not fluctuate that much.

I used vokey sm wedges to start the year and got tired of shredded covers. So i started experimenting. Currently have vr forged, cg15, and vokey 250 series. Most likely going back to vokeys. The heavier head seems to fit my wedge game. Be it keeping the 250 or getting sm4/5.

Currently I have been trying out my uncle's hybrid clubs. Cant seem to hit them. Kinda hard removing the 3 and 4 irons from my set

Driver and 3wd for me. I really wish I had played around more with shaft combinations rather then just buying new clubs but I am already excited for the Bio Cell line up lol

Right now it would have to be 3 woods. Between my 3Deep and the SLDR 3W, I have 2 pretty good options that I feel I can't go wrong with.

Definitely the driver. I have my "faves" but still like to tinker occasionally - it's like the tide.
All other clubs are safe in the bag.

WARNING: currently in tinker mode!
All of this in anticipation of Bio-Cell, 588 Custom, and Big Bertha.

Last edited:
Since coming back to golf, I've had a lot of drivers -- both models and different lofted heads. I think I'm up over 20 in a 3 year period though I normally have a couple that I'm messing around with at the same time.

At first I was trying to find the right forgiveness, loft, shaft combos that worked best for me. I'll also admit that I was chasing distance a bit as well. There's no significant distance for me to be had without an overhaul in swing. Maybe I'll be +10 yards if perfectly dialed in. Unfortunately my swing changes enough that it kind of varies from session to session.

What I really am after now is being confident standing over the ball, an accurate (for me) setup that is forgiving on off center hits, and one that will look good after I've hit 1000 balls. Sound and feel follow.

The driver swapping has really slowed down as I played all last season with either an Amp Offset or FT-IQ. This season I will play either the Amp Cell Offset or Cleveland Classic XL.

Second on my list of club-hoing is the FW. For me that is the hardest club in the bag to hit. I'm always looking for the easiest thing possible.

At least the past few months it's been the driver. Especially lately, still trying to decide between the Amp cell and pro models. Testing several different shafts at the moment so tinkering a lot lately.

Well, in my case is fairway woods .... things I did in the past tinkering fw woods : I cut them 2 inches shorter, experimental cut to hybrid's length of 40 inches, change grip to midsize mcc plus4, holding it grip down, finding ball position at address. The experimental cut to hybrid length is the winner , in my case.

I'm going to go with driver for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my driver but I don't change it that often. The next would be a fairway wood. I usually keep my putter for a whole season.

What club do you tinker with or change out the most?

None, my clubs were properly fit and optimized before I purchased them...don't see a reason to tinker around with them. If somethings wrong with my production, I look at my swing for the answer not my equipment.

Would be a lot more fun if I looked at it the other way though, it's just something I've never really been able to do.

Putter seems to be what I switch around the most. I have a decent amount of the odyssey #9's and I switch between them regularly.

I don't change clubs as often as most THPers here but I'm on my 6th set of irons for the last 2 years. I'm hoping that my newly ordered Z545s will stick around longer this time around.

Putters. I have the ability to putt equally good or bad with all of them, but keep trying.

Last year I kept fooling around with the driver. I went through through 4 driver changes last year. This year I'm going to quiet down on gear, I just have a space for a mini driver.

For a while putter and driver were running neck and neck...I feel I'm settled in now. Hit some great drives and made some good putts and my misses are smaller with both.

Back