Status
Not open for further replies.
870 has got to be the best selling shotgun on the market. Great customer service seems to be standard in the gun industry. It's a nice looking shotty. Make sure we get some pics or video blowing something up.

I'm going to miss my new friend, hopefully remington replaces it or fixes the problems.
[/QUOTE]

Once I get it back I will, I shot a ton of rounds through it today after a local remington armorer took it apart to see if he could fix it before sending it off. It still jams consistently. Hopefully I get this back before February. At least I have my brother's 20 gauge 870. The magpul stuff makes it more comfortable to shoot and was easy to Install

Only in Colorado: they made it easier to get drugs, and harder to get guns.

Good move for Magpul

so there was this open carry group dinner today at a local restaurant
i saw it posted on their website and their facebook page
decided id give it a shot and took my girl with me
got there and it was way awkward just barging in on ppl you dont know... so my girl and i were sat at a table and ate by ourselves haha
i bet it was strange for the ppl who were unarmed... you have a big group of a dozen or more... men and women all packing
and you had me at a separate table with my pistol at my side
being initially shy kinda sucks

I've never bought any defensive ammo as most of the shooting I do is at the range. However, since i'm getting my concealed and purchased my M&P Shield I thought I better look into it. The first boxes I bought were Hornady Critical Defense. I'll likely try out a few to make sure the guns like them. What are other guys using?

I also have questions about the weather. The only time I've had a FTF from any of my handguns, besides .22LRs. It was about 20 degrees that day at the range. I'm chocking the FTF to the weather. Am I wrong? So what's the best ammo for cold weather? Should I load the carry gun with FMJs during the winter because of the increased clothing?

The critical defense ammo is good stuff. Its all i will use and is designed to go through heavy clothing. I use it in 9mm and 40 cal. I cant remember a time i had a ftf from it being to cold. Keep in mind i am not in alaska wisconsin and extreme cold climates and out in it all day.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

The critical defense ammo is good stuff. Its all i will use and is designed to go through heavy clothing. I use it in 9mm and 40 cal. I cant remember a time i had a ftf from it being to cold. Keep in mind i am not in alaska wisconsin and extreme cold climates and out in it all day.

For the life of me I can't remember exactly what happened. Can't remember if the primer was hit or the gun malfunctioned. I just remembered it happening. We were outside for about 45 minutes before I fired that weapon too.

I've never bought any defensive ammo as most of the shooting I do is at the range. However, since i'm getting my concealed and purchased my M&P Shield I thought I better look into it. The first boxes I bought were Hornady Critical Defense. I'll likely try out a few to make sure the guns like them. What are other guys using?

I also have questions about the weather. The only time I've had a FTF from any of my handguns, besides .22LRs. It was about 20 degrees that day at the range. I'm chocking the FTF to the weather. Am I wrong? So what's the best ammo for cold weather? Should I load the carry gun with FMJs during the winter because of the increased clothing?

I bought a box of hydra shock from Federal for my 40. 165 grain based on recommendation from one of my more well informed buddies. I'd recommend asking at the local shop for recommendations based on your needs. I use different ammo (can't remember the brand ATM) in my Kimber, which is my home defense option. It's frangible as opposed to JHP and is designed for home defense.

As for the FTF, I'd have to defer as I've never heard of cold weather causing that, but I'm not from that cold of a climate usually. What kind of pistol was it?

As the holster search continues, I've started a nice little collection. Grabbed a Serpa CQC as I really like the other one I have. Not a concealment holster, but rock solid for all other purposes. I also picked up a Wild Bill's concealment holster, which I've been working on breaking in. So far I like it, but it's a little painful in certain positions. Finally, I just ordered a Firearms Holster, which is supposed to offer a tuckable IWB as well as an OWB belt holster in one package. Lead time seems to be about a month, but I'm kind of curious to see how it works in both instances, so I said what the heck. Now I just have to find a gun belt I like as the one I have is apparently from a skinnier time. :D

I bought a box of hydra shock from Federal for my 40. 165 grain based on recommendation from one of my more well informed buddies. I'd recommend asking at the local shop for recommendations based on your needs. I use different ammo (can't remember the brand ATM) in my Kimber, which is my home defense option. It's frangible as opposed to JHP and is designed for home defense.

As for the FTF, I'd have to defer as I've never heard of cold weather causing that, but I'm not from that cold of a climate usually. What kind of pistol was it?

As the holster search continues, I've started a nice little collection. Grabbed a Serpa CQC as I really like the other one I have. Not a concealment holster, but rock solid for all other purposes. I also picked up a Wild Bill's concealment holster, which I've been working on breaking in. So far I like it, but it's a little painful in certain positions. Finally, I just ordered a Firearms Holster, which is supposed to offer a tuckable IWB as well as an OWB belt holster in one package. Lead time seems to be about a month, but I'm kind of curious to see how it works in both instances, so I said what the heck. Now I just have to find a gun belt I like as the one I have is apparently from a skinnier time. :D

It was my full size M&P 9mm. I've fire more rounds through it than any other gun I've owned. I wish i'd have paid better attention at the time. Can't remember the ammo or the circumstances. I'll have to look into the frangible ammo. Never seen it before.

I use critical defense, and it's designed to be used in cold weather because it can penetrate through thick clothing and still expand. It's good stuff, and affordable.

I use critical defense, and it's designed to be used in cold weather because it can penetrate through thick clothing and still expand. It's good stuff, and affordable.

9 mm:
Barnes XPB 115 gr JHP (copper bullet)
Federal Tactical 124 gr JHP (LE9T1)
Federal HST 124 gr +P JHP (P9HST3)
Remington Golden Saber bonded 124 gr +P JHP (GSB9MMD)
Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester 124 gr +P bonded JHP (RA9BA)
Winchester Ranger-T 127 gr +P+ JHP (RA9TA)
Federal Tactical 135 gr +P JHP (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147 gr JHP (P9HST2)
Remington Golden Saber 147 gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 147 gr JHP (RA9T)
Winchester 147 gr bonded JHP (RA9B/Q4364)

.40 S&W:
Barnes XPB 140 & 155 gr JHP (copper bullet)
Speer Gold Dot 155 gr JHP
Federal Tactical 165 gr JHP (LE40T3)
Speer Gold Dot 165 gr JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 165 gr JHP (RA40TA)
Federal HST 180 gr JHP (P40HST1)
Federal Tactical 180 gr JHP (LE40T1)
Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP (GS40SWB)
Speer Gold Dot 180 gr JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 180 gr JHP (RA40T)
Winchester 180 gr bonded JHP (RA40B/Q4355/S40SWPDB1)

.45 ACP:
Barnes XPB 185 gr JHP (copper bullet)
Hornady Critical Duty 220 gr +P JHP
Federal HST 230 gr JHP (P45HST2)
Federal HST 230 gr +P JHP (P45HST1)
Federal Tactical 230 gr JHP (LE45T1)
Speer Gold Dot 230 gr JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr JHP (RA45T)
Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr +P JHP (RA45TP)

when you have time please read this link below from Doc Roberts, he is considered one of the top guys in the field of ballistics, the list above is his recommendations.

I carry either Gold Dot 124+P , or Federal HST 124+P when it come to 9mm

http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/

im using the federal hst as my defense round

I like the Hornady critical duty myself. Second choice would be Ranger T, since the local Leo use it, it would provide some legal safety. I would think.

Speer gold dot +P for my daily carry 9. Hornady critical defense in the .45 bed side. Can't really go wrong with any of the premium ammo. The +P and +P+ add some extra thump for sure.

swing your swing

its funny how its alot more expensive than the plinking ammo

So yesterday I saw some pics of the new Glock 42. A .380 caliber that looks pretty damn good, I think I will buy it. Plenty of Glock haters but my 19 has been beat up and fires flawlessly and is still the most accurate piece I have.

So yesterday I saw some pics of the new Glock 42. A .380 caliber that looks pretty damn good, I think I will buy it. Plenty of Glock haters but my 19 has been beat up and fires flawlessly and is still the most accurate piece I have.

No glock haters here, i bought my first one here recently, and i am enjoying it. Coming out in .380 was a miss for me, as there are plenty of 6+1 .380s on the market that are smaller than the 42.

I like the design on the 42, and when they come out in 9mm it will get a hard look from me.

My next firearm will be a Glock 23, or a Glock 19, there aren't many Glock haters here haha. A close friend of mine has been competing with his Glock 19 for many years and loves it, so I'm willing to give it a try. Plus there are so many aftermarket options (too bad there aren't many options like the apex kits though).

I never liked the trigger on a Glock, but you can't deny their ruggedness and dependability.

I jsut don't shoot my guns as often as I'd like... I'm actually considering selling my 625 sporting 32" shotgun. I haven't competed in sporting clays for 2 years and the money tied up in that gun could be spent on golf :)

glock 19 is next on my wish list

went to the range today and my ar was running brass flawlessly... i ran out of federal so i loaded 2 mags of the steel tulammo
1 mag went flawless... 3 shots into the 2nd mag i got a failure to extract
did everything to clear it but that baby was jammed
finished my range session with my 9mm with no problems
took my rifle home and tried clearing it with the cleaning rods... still stuck
went to home depot and got some brass dowel rods... got home and grabbed my hammer and prayed i wouldnt screw anything up
luckily once i dropped the rod down the barrel the shell casing just popped out... didnt even have to use a hammer
im keeping that rod in my rifle case from now on and im not running the tulammo until it gets warmer
steel does not expand and contract as well as brass... so i guess if im gonna shoot in the winter its gonna have to be the pricey stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back