Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.. The ride home was a blast. Fortunately this is my night to stay home and ride the stationery bike. Have no interest in going back outside tonight.

How bad are you guys getting it east of us? We have the first blizzard warning in 20 years here. So far I've been lucky being a little north. Nothing to bad yet but the wind and cold. They're talking 2-3 feet of snow south of Buffalo.

How bad are you guys getting it east of us? We have the first blizzard warning in 20 years here. So far I've been lucky being a little north. Nothing to bad yet but the wind and cold. They're talking 2-3 feet of snow south of Buffalo.

I think we are escaping the snow for the most part. Most of the snow is going to be west and south of me.

We are getting the cold though. Just saw a reading that said 7 degrees, feeling like -15. I am good staying inside.

That sounds.........pleasant............

I think we are escaping the snow for the most part. Most of the snow is going to be west and south of me.

We are getting the cold though. Just saw a reading that said 7 degrees, feeling like -15. I am good staying inside.
We have the cold here too. Anywhere from -15 to -30 overnight tonight. Glad we got 2 inches of rain yesterday. Can't wait to skate to work tomorrow.

That sounds.........pleasant............

We have the cold here too. Anywhere from -15 to -30 overnight tonight. Glad we got 2 inches of rain yesterday. Can't wait to skate to work tomorrow.

I am not crazy, I want it to fall on the ski area. I have no desire to move the crap out of my driveway.

I have all of the ski gear, but there is no way I'm sitting on a chairlift when it is like this.

getting hammered here tonight, very cold , white out conditions, travel advisory for genesee county, possible 1'-2' and blowing, stay inside, if you do have to go out, no exposed skin!!!! i will most likely being staying overtime in the morning here at work!!!stay warm everyone

Right now about 15"................3 foot drifts on the deck,can't even let te dogs out! Erie County is in a state of emergency.The good side is it's only until TOMORROW NITE!

Not a lot of snow in Greece but it is cold, really cold. Car said -3 degrees and wind chill is probably right around -30.

Made it to work with no issues..

Stay safe everyone!!!

We have no new snow but it is really windy and cold. Lucky me, they closed the office since it's downtown. I have a snow day :) Will be making my way out later to help dig my folks out. Stay warm everyone.

Not a lot of snow in Greece but it is cold, really cold. Car said -3 degrees and wind chill is probably right around -30.

Made it to work with no issues..

Stay safe everyone!!!

I'm shut for the day Aaron! Oh,Jeanne says "Hi" to all.

We have no new snow but it is really windy and cold. Lucky me, they closed the office since it's downtown. I have a snow day :) Will be making my way out later to help dig my folks out. Stay warm everyone.

I'm shut for the day Aaron! Oh,Jeanne says "Hi" to all.

I honestly wondered if we would have any leeway to work from home today, but I guess we didn't. The roads weren't too bad as long as you weren't a in hurry.

Say hi to Jeanne for us!!

And Aaron takes week 1...

And young Shef gets the Miss Kitty Towel.. :)

Plenty of time to make up those 200 pts, Jimmy.

Something comparable to the "Miss Kitty Towel" for fantasy golf might make it more interesting. Maybe I'll get a little something golf related for the winner too.

Plenty of time to make up those 200 pts, Jimmy.

Something comparable to the "Miss Kitty Towel" for fantasy golf might make it more interesting. Maybe I'll get a little something golf related for the winner too.
If he keeps makin' picks like that,my inexperience will make me a seasoned pro!(I don't even have a clue about these things)

If he keeps makin' picks like that,my inexperience will make me a seasoned pro!(I don't even have a clue about these things)

Good first week for you, Allan. I over thought it. Every time I moved a guy out of my starters he had a good round and the guys I put in tanked.
If Jimmy had Streelman in his starters he wouldn't have been that far off the pace with only a few guys in the tournament.
Kind of aggravating that there is no phone app for it.

Just picked up a TM ATV 58* wedge off ebay for next to nothing. Any of you guys ever game one?

I won a 60° in Orlando and played one round with it down there. I really liked it. With the KBS shaft in it, I loved the way it felt weight wise, it looked good, and it was stupid easy to hit from any lie that I tried it from. In fact, my Scor wedges never left my bag that round-- I used the ATV for all shots inside of 80 yards or so.

I won a 60° in Orlando and played one round with it down there. I really liked it. With the KBS shaft in it, I loved the way it felt weight wise, it looked good, and it was stupid easy to hit from any lie that I tried it from. In fact, my Scor wedges never left my bag that round-- I used the ATV for all shots inside of 80 yards or so.

Thanks Pete, looking forward to giving it a try at the dome. Went with a 58 instead of a 60 cause I read the 60 can be harder to hit for higher handicappers.
Maybe I should have got a 60, it would fit my gaps better.

Just picked up a TM ATV 58* wedge off ebay for next to nothing. Any of you guys ever game one?

I have 3 of them, 50/54/58. Took me a bit to get used to them, but I actually like them quite a bit which surprised me.

I actually won a 52, 56 and 60 while I was in Orlando as well. When I say won, I mean I was the only lefty there so I won by default.

I really like the weight of the ATVs and found it very easy to hit full shots with them from pretty much anywhere ( as Pete said).

I have 3 of them, 50/54/58. Took me a bit to get used to them, but I actually like them quite a bit which surprised me.

Thanks Dean. Are they still your regular wedges? Did read they can be a little hard to hit off tight lies but great out of the sand and rough.

Thanks Pete, looking forward to giving it a try at the dome. Went with a 58 instead of a 60 cause I read the 60 can be harder to hit for higher handicappers.
Maybe I should have got a 60, it would fit my gaps better.

It was the first time I played a 60° on a long time because I was never good enough to hit them. I'm still not, but that one was REALLY EASY to hit. It shined best for me hitting little pitches from the green side rough.

I'll also add, that the few rounds I've gotten in with Dean, he plays these wedges really well.

Thanks Dean. Are they still your regular wedges? Did read they can be a little hard to hit off tight lies but great out of the sand and rough.

they still are. The 50 is the one I have the least amount of time with(like 2-3 rounds). I thought the 54 and 58 were very good from the sand. Rough I didn't have any issues with them either. Not sure I had any shots on any real bare lies or anything like that, but from the fairways and fringe area they weren't bad. Different than what I was coming from and that took a little bit of an adjustment. Where I struggled with them early on was full swing shots.

My 60 is probably my"bread and butter"club...........Andy,you should have no problem with the higher loft.Using the bounce of the club is the main objective...........a few more degrees shouldn't make that much difference in ball contact(it's all distance and height)I've played with you enough it shouldn't be an issue!

I actually won a 52, 56 and 60 while I was in Orlando as well. When I say won, I mean I was the only lefty there so I won by default.

I really like the weight of the ATVs and found it very easy to hit full shots with them from pretty much anywhere ( as Pete said).

Still prefer the Vokeys though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back