Bridgestone 2014 B Series Golf Ball

I am loving the numbers, cannot wait to try the new b330's! Switched this summer and loving them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since these balls are about to be tested by THPers I thought I'd add some more info from the tour players.

Here are Matt Kuchar's numbers with the new ball compared to the old ball.

2012 B330s
Swing Speed: 109.7
Ball Speed: 164.1
Launch: 6.7
Spin: 2476
Carry: 245.2
Total: 267.6

2014 B330s
Swing Speed: 109.8
Ball Speed: 163.9
Launch: 7.0
Spin: 2362
Carry: 249.2
Total: 273.5

Big numbers here for Kuchar - Launch increased, spin decreased, and he saw 4 extra yards of carry. Another quick note on Kuch, he is the only staff player on tour that plays the B330s line.

Gotta love a slower ball speed results in more yards, gets me pumped to put these in play.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

he is the only guy playing the B330 S on tour. He needs/likes the extra spin

I know this guy isn't nearly as popular as Kuchar but I believe that Billy Hurley III is also playing the B330S. I believe all of the other men except those on the Chamions Tour are playing the B330.

I'm truly impressed after looking at the ball and swing speed data on Kuch that you posted that he has maintained that consistency over about a 2 year period. Then again, maybe that's why he has been so consistent with his game and scoring.

I personally have a hard time jumping price brackets at this point since I find the E series to be fantastic. But I definitely will always give something Bridgestone puts out a try they haven't failed me yet

Since these balls are about to be tested by THPers I thought I'd add some more info from the tour players.

Here are Matt Kuchar's numbers with the new ball compared to the old ball.

2012 B330s
Swing Speed: 109.7
Ball Speed: 164.1
Launch: 6.7
Spin: 2476
Carry: 245.2
Total: 267.6

2014 B330s
Swing Speed: 109.8
Ball Speed: 163.9
Launch: 7.0
Spin: 2362
Carry: 249.2
Total: 273.5

Big numbers here for Kuchar - Launch increased, spin decreased, and he saw 4 extra yards of carry. Another quick note on Kuch, he is the only staff player on tour that plays the B330s line.
To see an actual decrease in ball speed, yet a gain in distance is crazy impressive. I am excited to test this golf ball.

I personally have a hard time jumping price brackets at this point since I find the E series to be fantastic. But I definitely will always give something Bridgestone puts out a try they haven't failed me yet

I think you have to play with what works best for your game and what you are comfortable paying. I like the E Series (play the E6 from time to time) but the B330 is worth the extra coin to me.

The e series has always been my ball of choice, but the B series is still a really good ball. Can't wait to see the improvements!

I am the most confident behind an e6 right now, because I know I hit it well. It doesn't have the green-stopping ability of the higher-end urethane covers but I just know I can boom it and keep it in the fairway. Plus, the e6 Orange is my new favorite gamer. So easy to see with overcast skies and on these dormant grasses.

As my game improves I'm hoping to have better luck with the B series. I've hit a few of them and still have a sleeve or two. If the 2014 models are even better I'll definitely be checking them out.

Removed to honor embargo
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just saw these at local dicks. Wondering whats up with these? Never seen this pattern on them before. And the "hydro core"

I think that's them. I remember reading that Bridgestone applied for a trademark for hydro core sometime late last year. Grab em up!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think some of these are being tested soon?

JM

These are in stock for sale at my local dicks!

interesting.....

i know there is some testing coming up and I seem to remember Dicks or Academy busting an embargo last year with the e series. Time will tell though.

These are not even on their site yet.

JM

Thanks for sharing. May have to pick up a dozen B330 when I make my trip to the golf store!

interesting.....

i know there is some testing coming up and I seem to remember Dicks or Academy busting an embargo last year with the e series. Time will tell though.

These are not even on their site yet.

JM

And yes embargo is the 21st I thought.

Weird. Why they have here then for sale?

Damn tried to snatch them up and wouldnt sell them to me...

Damn tried to snatch them up and wouldnt sell them to me...

Good effort. Nice job spotting them too. That's how you keep your head on a swivel there folks.

I think some of these are being tested soon?

JM

Yes, some of us are testing them but can't share our thoughts yet. Honoring embargo dates :)

I know. Lol. I was selected too. Haven't received mine yet though.

JM

Be excited for these...Just finished 18 with them

Definitely excited for these. Couldnt believe I saw them

I think that's them. I remember reading that Bridgestone applied for a trademark for hydro core sometime late last year. Grab em up!

Could you edit that post to remove the pics? We need to honor embargo. It was my mistake posting them!

Back