Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
But watching the Sony Open will bring a tear to my eye, because I can imagine walking that course watching the tournament like it was yesterday (really 2 years ago).

You were in Hawaii for a PGA Tournament...nice!

I was amazed today at the way people were driving this morning to work. It was still below zero, salt still hasn't de-ice the roads and people were flying around like everything was back to normal. Of course the fact that there was over 40 accidents during rush hour traffic, tells me that people were learning the hard way.

Agreed!!! I had the same idiot cut me off twice on the way downtown, changing lanes like the roads were clear.
I already have road rage issues, stuff like that does not help :)

You were in Hawaii for a PGA Tournament...nice!

Yep! When my buddy and I both turned 40 a couple of years ago, we decided we wanted to do something fun to celebrate. We were honestly having the conversation while I was watching the Sony Open. When I said how nice it looked there, it turned into a conversation about Hawaii and turned into a trip. I had been to the Islands before, but this was special. No work involved, played golf and got to see the Sunday round of the Sony Open.

Best part was the tickets being $15 each. I have a flag from the tournament which my buddy Jason is trying to get the champion from that year, Johnson Wagner to sign for me.

Agreed!!! I had the same idiot cut me off twice on the way downtown, changing lanes like the roads were clear.
I already have road rage issues, stuff like that does not help :)

Several people were driving really close to me expecting me to speed up. I was going at or above the speed limit, but it was ridiculous how fast people wanted to drive today. I have been in a car that went off the road after hitting black ice. Absolutely no fun and it can happen really quickly.

Back home safe from Vegas!! You boys are all welcome for the little head start I gave you all. I just wanted to make sure I didn't completely walk away with the tournament! Wanted to keep it interesting ya know? :D

Sidenote congrats again to Pete!! One of our own in the #THPMC!!

Back home safe from Vegas!! You boys are all welcome for the little head start I gave you all. I just wanted to make sure I didn't completely walk away with the tournament! Wanted to keep it interesting ya know? :D

Sidenote congrats again to Pete!! One of our own in the #THPMC!!

Welcome back, Jimmy. Hope you had a great time in Vegas (golf?). Did the weather here delay your flight back?

Welcome back, Jimmy. Hope you had a great time in Vegas (golf?). Did the weather here delay your flight back?

No golf unfortunately. I'm the only "golfer" in that group of friends I was with. Surprisingly enough I made it home on time on schedule. Side note tho, Newark Airport might very well be the worst place I've ever been in, in my life. I've never seen such a dysfunctional place before. Other than that the trip was awesome!

No golf unfortunately. I'm the only "golfer" in that group of friends I was with. Surprisingly enough I made it home on time on schedule. Side note tho, Newark Airport might very well be the worst place I've ever been in, in my life. I've never seen such a dysfunctional place before. Other than that the trip was awesome!

Glad to have you back! A few more weeks and I'll be there(playing mucho golf!) Oh,that message I sent you ,all taken care of.......again sorry I texted you on vacation,I completely forgot(it's an old age thing,ask your dad) Hows about another get together in the next few weeks?

Newark is absolutely awful - I lost a day on a long weekend trip a couple of years ago because of my connection being in Newark.

I have sworn that I will never fly through there again.

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Oh yeah - glad you had a great time and welcome back!! ?

Newark is awful, I came back from a work trip and the last stop was Newark. NO terminal signs and absolutely no way of knowing where you are going. My flight terminal ended up being downstairs below everything and a dead end. Weird airport.

Hahaha. What's funny about Newark is that if it is your departure point or final destination, it is an incredibly easy airport to get in or out of. I've never connected through there, but I've heard it's a nightmare. I did almost get killed by a homeless person on the monorail though. That was fun.

Glad to have you back! A few more weeks and I'll be there(playing mucho golf!) Oh,that message I sent you ,all taken care of.......again sorry I texted you on vacation,I completely forgot(it's an old age thing,ask your dad) Hows about another get together in the next few weeks?

No problmeo!! Sim get together works for me!! Sunday's definitely work best for everyone?

Newark is awful, I came back from a work trip and the last stop was Newark. NO terminal signs and absolutely no way of knowing where you are going. My flight terminal ended up being downstairs below everything and a dead end. Weird airport.

It honestly took us like 15 mins just to find the logo on the sign for terminal "A" it was legitimately about the size of a baseball. I was never so frustrated than I was trying to get things done in that place.

Newark is absolutely awful - I lost a day on a long weekend trip a couple of years ago because of my connection being in Newark.

I have sworn that I will never fly through there again.

I will avoid that place at all costs. Never again.

If I kept out of every airport I've been stuck in, I'd have to stick to the train.

Anyone have thoughts on golf bags? I was looking at the Ogio Taj but now I am contemplating a stand bag with a 14 way top like the Ogio grom xx. I use a push cart 99% of my rounds but play 9 holes on Wednesdays which I could have the option to carry if i get a carry bag. Main thing is I want a exterior putter well like the Taj and a nice cooler pocket.

That is a really nice bag, probably the closest I will get to what I want. So now it's this one vs the Ogio Taj.....

How do they compare price-wise?

The Ogio is about $30 cheaper on Ebay

I've heard a lot of good things about the Ogio bags too.
You could create a thread asking all of THP which bag of the 2 they would choose. Might be interesting.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Ogio bags too.
You could create a thread asking all of THP which bag of the 2 they would choose. Might be interesting.

I came across a "on the course" picture of the Ogio Taj in the color I want and it looks damn good. I think that picture made up my mind.

index.php

index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back