Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
Need a ruling vs official handicap recording on this.

As all SCOR wedge owners know, they give you a card to write down average diastances with your wedges for four different swings. One normal swing, one open face. One 1" down, one !' down open face. You then write down you average distances on the card. Can you use that card legally with out penalties?

For example, I am 107 yards out. I look at my cheat sheet and I recorded that I should use a 56* wedge, grip 1" down and open the club face. I swing the club and get on the green, one putt to end the hole. Is that legal?

Another instance. Can I use old notes from a course that I played to know what clubs I used? Say I played Course 1 one day, don't play it for 2 months. I go back to Course 1 and look at what club I used to tee off the 4th hole. Is that legal?

Good question, my gut says it should be fine.

It is legal to use notes.

I am going to have to agree with Hoosier based on the fact that professional golfers and their caddies are always referring to notes.

We have several guys in our men's club who use notes from previous rounds. One of them is a huge rules guy so I would say its fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need a ruling vs official handicap recording on this.

As all SCOR wedge owners know, they give you a card to write down average diastances with your wedges for four different swings. One normal swing, one open face. One 1" down, one !' down open face. You then write down you average distances on the card. Can you use that card legally with out penalties?

For example, I am 107 yards out. I look at my cheat sheet and I recorded that I should use a 56* wedge, grip 1" down and open the club face. I swing the club and get on the green, one putt to end the hole. Is that legal?

Another instance. Can I use old notes from a course that I played to know what clubs I used? Say I played Course 1 one day, don't play it for 2 months. I go back to Course 1 and look at what club I used to tee off the 4th hole. Is that legal?

I have the same card from Scor golf. I really need to start using it. Good to know that it is legal. Anyone ever made there own "cheat sheet" card for all of there distances that they can hold in there back pocket? Might be kind of a cool idea especially with the inch down and open club face additions

I would say of course you can. This is no different than consulting a yardage book.

JM

Thanks for the answers guys. It would have been a pain to have to remember all the yardages from the different wedge grips.

Yes, it's perfectly legal. That's the biggest part of the caddy's job in pro golf. You'll hear players ask them all the time "What did I hit yesterday from there?" and the caddy checks his book.

As said before, no different than yardage books.

Back