DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is going to be a great event. I am sure that you will get a spot they usually don't fill up a quick as some of the other events here. Also sometimes people will organize rounds before and after the actual Invitationals which always you to get to know even more THPers.

I was hoping the spots wouldn't fill up as quickly as some of the other events. I won't need a ton of time, but at least a few minutes just in case my boss walks into my office at signup time. Getting in some rounds before the event with other THPers would be awesome.

I was hoping the spots wouldn't fill up as quickly as some of the other events. I won't need a ton of time, but at least a few minutes just in case my boss walks into my office at signup time. Getting in some rounds before the event with other THPers would be awesome.

Yeah you should be fine just be ready once that thread shows up. I played with THPers before the AC Invitational last year and it was a great warm up for the actual event. Honestly more about the people you will meet and get to hang out with than the golf which is what makes this place so awesome!

This is one I definitely hope to get in. Google maps shows about 3 hours from Fairfax County so just a little hop, skip and a jump. lookin' forward to it.

This is one I definitely hope to get in. Google maps shows about 3 hours from Fairfax County so just a little hop, skip and a jump. lookin' forward to it.

Nice, where are you in Fairfax? I am in Annandale.

Nice, where are you in Fairfax? I am in Annandale.
yo crest, I'm the old guy so i'm the one who is supposed to have "senior moments", lol :dazed:.
check out posts 346-350+ in this thread.
figured we were all set for a spring meet-up with some of the locals :)

BTW, if a few of us are lucky enough to grab spots in The Rum Pointe Invitational maybe a little car-pool might be in order.

yo crest, I'm the old guy so i'm the one who is supposed to have "senior moments", lol :dazed:.

BTW, if a few of us are lucky enough to grab spots in The Rum Pointe Invitational maybe a little car-pool might be in order.
Sounds good on a carpool or at least a caravan. We could roll in mass with horns blowing to show the DMV has arrived :)

Yeah it is going to be a great event. I am sure that you will get a spot they usually don't fill up a quick as some of the other events here. Also sometimes people will organize rounds before and after the actual Invitationals which always you to get to know even more THPers.

I'd love to play a pre-THP round at Links at Lighthouse Sound. It's a great course!

Haha it happens, I am all for a Spring meet up it is just so hard to think about it with that stupid white stuff on the ground...... Don't you worry we will make it happen.

I'd love to play a pre-THP round at Links at Lighthouse Sound. It's a great course!

Yeah that would be a good Sunday morning round to plan, it would make a 2nd round for those that come from out of town.

Hey guys, need some intel this morning.

I am absolutely dying to get out and play tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be half decent for the first time in weeks. However, I am a little concerned about playing a course that is super wet since we are getting so much rain today. Anyone know of some courses that drain fairly well within about an hour of alexandria?

I am absolutely dying to get out and play tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be half decent for the first time in weeks. However, I am a little concerned about playing a course that is super wet since we are getting so much rain today. Anyone know of some courses that drain fairly well within about an hour of alexandria?

Tomorrow I am going to a driving range just to keep my swing together.

Might check with Greendale it drains fairly well and can't beat the prices this time of year. Gonna be too soggy for me or I would have played. Good luck

I'm hoping to sneak out to east Potomac for some range time between bands today and I'm hoping that wind and frozen ground will be my friends and keep most of the rain running off so I can play tomorrow. I'm trying to brainstorm for a couple courses that are usually a little drier. Definitely rules out Osprey's but I'll look into greendale.

Good call on Ospreys I definitely would not try and play there. How about Twin Lakes? They have 2 courses out there bit of a hike but worth it.

Good call on Ospreys I definitely would not try and play there. How about Twin Lakes? They have 2 courses out there bit of a hike but worth it.

The lakes course dries okay, the oakes course is mushy on the back. Westfield's down the street from twin lakes plays okay. Use EZlinks for deals there. Both courses go cart path only pretty quick so it's a hike if you don't play all your shots close the to the cart path (that's if you're unable to just walk the course).

1757 in dulles dries out pretty quick. Got a ton of rain today out there so not sure if it will be playable tomorrow.

The lakes course dries okay, the oakes course is mushy on the back. Westfield's down the street from twin lakes plays okay. Use EZlinks for deals there. Both courses go cart path only pretty quick so it's a hike if you don't play all your shots close the to the cart path (that's if you're unable to just walk the course).

1757 in dulles dries out pretty quick. Got a ton of rain today out there so not sure if it will be playable tomorrow.

Yeah that makes sense the Oaks course has so many trees not surprising it doesn't dry fast. I usually walk there and use a pull cart for my massive bag haha

I have only played 1757 once but really enjoyed it. Really want to venture out West to play more of those courses.

I know it kind of a dump but Hilltop probably drains pretty well. If you can deal with all of the construction and the fact that it is a glorified par 3 course.

Crest,
I look forward to seeing you this year at the THP Invitational.
Hopefully that last prize moves you to HOF status. :D

Crest,
I look forward to seeing you this year at the THP Invitational.
Hopefully that last prize moves you to HOF status. :D

Thanks Josh! I really appreciate the prize something that will be great for me and my game but probably wouldn't have ever bought myself.

As a result I am cleaning out my garage tomorrow to set up a mini swing studio and practice area.

Thanks again man and can't wait to see you guys again in OC. Take it easy and keep up the great work!

I'm hoping to sneak out to east Potomac for some range time between bands today and I'm hoping that wind and frozen ground will be my friends and keep most of the rain running off so I can play tomorrow. I'm trying to brainstorm for a couple courses that are usually a little drier. Definitely rules out Osprey's but I'll look into greendale.

It might be pushing the hour drive. But Worthington Manor in Urbana, is about the fastest drying best conditioned year round course in the area. The only thing that might still have some water would be the bunkers. But even they drain pretty well.

Phenomenal course as well.

I will get to the range tomorrow...can't stand this weather

Good for you man. People say it rained all day but it really RAINED ALL DAY here.... so miserable

I made it to the range today. Quantico has a range with an overhang cover :clap:

Thanks Josh! I really appreciate the prize something that will be great for me and my game but probably wouldn't have ever bought myself.

As a result I am cleaning out my garage tomorrow to set up a mini swing studio and practice area.

Thanks again man and can't wait to see you guys again in OC. Take it easy and keep up the great work!

What did you win?

What did you win?

I won the Thanksgiving Contest and got this.....

ygetanan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back