#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I have an email into the course to try to purchase yardage books and have them shipped to me. We will see.

Anything ever come of this?

Anything ever come of this?

Nope, I got an auto email thanking me for contacting them and stating I would receive a response shortly.

No response.

I was going to call a few days ago and got busy and forgot, if I can remember I will try to call soon.

You boys getting excited yet?! :blob: The funny thing is, the pie has not even been cut yet. I'm thinking we have some exciting news coming down the pike soon. Maybe some news about Cally teammates and stuff :thumb:

Been excited OG! 100 days fellas!

For me the excitement is 4-fold and hasn't stopped since finding out I was in.
1) Finally attending a THP event and meeting/competing with a group of awesome guys.
2) Playing with and against the #ZooCrew
3) The fact that my first THP event is going to be something of this magnitude is jaw-dropping.
4) Big Bertha baby!

I'm sure things will start firing in here pretty darn quick once the PGA Show is over with. Will be right about 3 months out then.

4) Big Bertha baby!

I'm looking forward to seeing all four divers - Big Bertha Alpha, Big Bertha, X2Hot, and X2HotPro. All four got great reviews from the guys that tried them at #thegrandaddy Going to be interesting to see how the teams are set up with these models.

This might be the way to go if everyone who comes Thursday is down for it. It says the small villa can hold up to 6-8 people, not totally sure if that's sleeping or just "hanging out". If it is sleeping, if we got the stay and play package, it includes a round of golf per paying adult. You can get the villa for $767.80 for the night, before tax I'm sure. But the rounds of golf look like they could be upwards of $132 per person. If we can get enough people in the villa, and each gets a round of golf included, the room could basically be free, or almost free.

Shoot, the stay and play package may be the way to go at the Omni regardless of how many people, with the price of rounds there.

If the golf is included, then I'm definitely in, this would be a no brainer. You're right, the rounds are indeed pricey, it's part of what makes me hesitate on a Thursday practice round as well, but if it's included in the room then that would be gravy.

excited is an understatement OG, I feel like a teenager with a corvette sitting in the driveway waiting for me to get my license on 4/25 to take it for a spin.

I hate when this thread sits inactive :D Every time I load up THP I'm really hoping for a new post here!

So the single round stay and play package also includes unlimited play at the night golf pitch & putt course, which we could do Thursday night potentially. First, I am not totally sure I will be coming down Thursday, but it is a possibility and hoping I can. After we get the itinerary it will hopefully clear some things up, and I can call and make sure we're straight on all the details for the one round stay and play package.

So, of people potentially, or already guaranteed, coming down Thursday, who would be interested in staying at the Omni and doing the single round stay and play package? That would give us an idea of what room(s) we'd need so we could figure out pricing and make sure it makes sense. I'm assuming we'd play the round Friday morning. Unless we get enough people and the unlimited stay and play isn't that much more per person, maybe could go that route and possibly get in 36 Friday. Let me know what you think.

I hate when this thread sits inactive :D Every time I load up THP I'm really hoping for a new post here!

So the single round stay and play package also includes unlimited play at the night golf pitch & putt course, which we could do Thursday night potentially. First, I am not totally sure I will be coming down Thursday, but it is a possibility and hoping I can. After we get the itinerary it will hopefully clear some things up, and I can call and make sure we're straight on all the details for the one round stay and play package.

So, of people potentially, or already guaranteed, coming down Thursday, who would be interested in staying at the Omni and doing the single round stay and play package? That would give us an idea of what room(s) we'd need so we could figure out pricing and make sure it makes sense. I'm assuming we'd play the round Friday morning. Unless we get enough people and the unlimited stay and play isn't that much more per person, maybe could go that route and possibly get in 36 Friday. Let me know what you think.

Count me in, assuming the pricing makes sense of course. I am definitely coming down Thursday, it's just a matter of what time on Thursday. I assume that any possible Thursday practice rounds would have to be paid for a la carte, but that shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't think since they will be twilight times (after 3pm for Omni guests is $68 thru mid April, I'm assuming it will be similar in late April). If we can get a good price lined up for a room inclusive of golf, then I won't feel as bad about paying for a round Thursday afternoon.

And yeah, I keep refreshing hoping that this thread is kicking as well hahaha

Count me in, assuming the pricing makes sense of course. I am definitely coming down Thursday, it's just a matter of what time on Thursday. I assume that any possible Thursday practice rounds would have to be paid for a la carte, but that shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't think since they will be twilight times (after 3pm for Omni guests is $68 thru mid April, I'm assuming it will be similar in late April). If we can get a good price lined up for a room inclusive of golf, then I won't feel as bad about paying for a round Thursday afternoon.

Yeah, if we played Thursday it would be paid separately. You're right, it's a lot cheaper though for after 3 pm. They don't have the pricing listed for our dates yet, but it's probably right along those lines. Even the unlimited golf package, all the golf has to be played in one day. You do get unlimited access to the practice area and unlimited practice balls. I guess it depends on how much golf people want to play, and how worn out they want to be at the end of the trip :D

Highjacking the thread:

Have my first lesson to prepare for #TheKing scheduled Thursday evening. Do work!

I too am planning on being there on Thursday. My wife is coming as well, so I was looking at an additional room for the weekend. Hoping to get in early enough on Thursday for a practice round. Right now the best flight puts us in at 11:30 on Thursday morning. Would live to get a round in Thursday afternoon, and definitely on Friday.

I too am planning on being there on Thursday. My wife is coming as well, so I was looking at an additional room for the weekend. Hoping to get in early enough on Thursday for a practice round. Right now the best flight puts us in at 11:30 on Thursday morning. Would live to get a round in Thursday afternoon, and definitely on Friday.

That's my best option as well, if I want to get in early on Thursday. I really hate red eyes though since I can't sleep on planes, but I may suck it up to hang out with y'all more! :drinks:

I'm soooo used to red eyes, as that is usually the best way to travel out of here. I'm a master at sleeping on planes, even the full ones. Unless the wife and I are in the front cabin, we usually both get window seats in consecutive rows. Hoping a good deal pops up in the front of the plane.

Just scheduled my indoor / outdoor lessons for the next 3 months. 1 more indoor in January then every 2 weeks starting February with outdoor starting in March.

Going to do everything in my power to be ready for #theKing.

That's my best option as well, if I want to get in early on Thursday. I really hate red eyes though since I can't sleep on planes, but I may suck it up to hang out with y'all more! :drinks:
Join me on Delta flight DL2440 out of Seattle. I have no idea if I'll sleep or not but with the excitement I'm sure to have pumping through my veins that night I doubt I'd sleep in my own bed anyways.

I'm in for sure. I don't travel much and the thought of staying off-site seems pretty crappy to me, having to arrange shuttles, worrying about check-out times and whatnot. I was planning on playing a twilight round on Thurs and use the free on Friday as well.
The way I see it we are all flying in from around the continent to meet and play some golf with each other...why not get a villa and crank it up a notch haha.

So looking at their website for the single round stay and play, and adding on all the crazy taxes and fees, the cheapest way is having 4 people in a 2 queen bed room. Total comes out to about $160.40 each. Then just figuring out how to sleep 4 people in there...

Here's the breakdown of # of people, cost per person, and type of room:

3 => $175.22 (2 queen deluxe)
4 => $160.40 (2 queen deluxe)
5 => $178.64 (1 king executive suite)
6 => $193.27 (1 king, 2 double bed, villa)
7 => $184.34 (1 king, 2 double bed, villa)
8 => $177.64 (1 king, 2 double bed, villa)

Join me on Delta flight DL2440 out of Seattle. I have no idea if I'll sleep or not but with the excitement I'm sure to have pumping through my veins that night I doubt I'd sleep in my own bed anyways.

Is that the one that leaves at 12:50am? I was considering that one already, actually. Also if we're both on there, you can just drive down to my place and we can carpool and save on parking (= more money for practice rounds/food/beer :D)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Is that the one that leaves at 12:50am? I was considering that one already, actually. Also if we're both on there, you can just drive down to my place and we can carpool and save on parking (= more money for practice rounds/food/beer :D)

That's the one. It has a short layover in Minneapolis or something like that. Arrives in Orlando at 11:23am.

That's the one. It has a short layover in Minneapolis or something like that. Arrives in Orlando at 11:23am.

That's the one I'm thinking, although I go from ANC to MSP and then from MSP to MCO, getting in at 11:23. 9-1/2 glorious hours of travel, then a round of golf. Don't think I will have any problem sleeping on Thursday night. Maybe.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Sweet deal. I'll have to look at flights here soon and then book preferably in the next well or so. When do you leave Monday morning?

Sweet deal. I'll have to look at flights here soon and then book preferably in the next well or so. When do you leave Monday morning?

7:15am. Land in Seattle just after 1pm with a layover in LA.

Back