Snowboarding: Who does it?

Good buy man. I'm on my third set of 390s.

Congrats!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I went with the K2 brigade 159w. Watching the video the house had on the board it seemed like there was some good technology to help beginners like myself.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Last edited:
Riding since 86 moved to Utah in 91 from MA and have been mostly riding Lib's since 92.

Riding since 86 moved to Utah in 91 from MA and have been mostly riding Lib's since 92.

Well I haven't been out yet I've been working storm restoration for the last 2 weeks. But I have made a few purchases. I got a k2 brigade (all the reviews I read said it was a great starter board), Rome 390 bindings, Oakley Misson 10k jacket, and DC banshee pants. Once I get home I will go get boots (heat molded), but then my question is what else do I NEED to be set?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Well I haven't been out yet I've been working storm restoration for the last 2 weeks. But I have made a few purchases. I got a k2 brigade (all the reviews I read said it was a great starter board), Rome 390 bindings, Oakley Misson 10k jacket, and DC banshee pants. Once I get home I will go get boots (heat molded), but then my question is what else do I NEED to be set?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Goggles and gloves. A good pair of snowboarding socks as well.

And a helmet. Please get a helmet. Ice hurts and can do much damage with little force. Helmet es muy importante.

Sent from my ADR6300

And a helmet. Please get a helmet. Ice hurts and can do much damage with little force. Helmet es muy importante.

Sent from my ADR6300

Can't believe I forgot to mention that one. I would definitely get a helmet.

Thanks guys, I'm actually getting excited about my first falling day lol. Any suggestions of brands of the items needed?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Thanks guys, I'm actually getting excited about my first falling day lol. Any suggestions of brands of the items needed?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I personally have Anon goggles and a Bern helmet. I would try on helmets as well because getting one that doesn't fit you well won't be fun.

I personally have Anon goggles and a Bern helmet. I would try on helmets as well because getting one that doesn't fit you well won't be fun.

I figured it would be preference I saw some electric goggles I liked but didn't know if they were good or not.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Here's three I would recommend over that one. I can keep looking if you don't like either. I'm 5'11" and my 157 is a little short, but I like control in the park for jumps and rails. If you are just riding all mountain, I'd go around 159 because once your boots are on, it'll feel short.

http://www.the-house.com/9857rdagew12zz-ride-snowboards.html
http://www.the-house.com/9855k2brgw13zz-k2-snowboards.html
http://www.the-house.com/9856bttsw13zz-burton-snowboards.html
157 is short for you? Jee, I'm 6'3" and ride a 152 and I'm not a park rat.

Good buy on the 390s. They're decent entry level bindings. In terms of boards I wouldn't buy anything that isn't from one of the following brands- Burton, Capita, Lib Tech/GNU, Rome, K2 and Yes. Sure there is a lot of other very good, smaller, companies out there but you probably haven't heard of them and will have a harder time finding one on sale as they weren't as mass produced. Alibi is Zumiez exclusive line of boards. Don't buy those, and never buy boards from a sporting goods store. Also, you can find good deals on DCs, but I have riden them and really don't like them. I would personally recommend a Capita DOA in 158, you're a big guy so something with camber will prevent washing out, (do not buy something will full rocker (V-Rocker), you will wash out left and right with your weight) and then the rockered tip section will make learning much easier as you won't be catching edges as easy.

Well I made it out today. I can definitely see myself being sore tommorrow (especially my behind lol). It was a lot of fun even though I fell quite a bit I got the hang of it and was able to manage the bunny hills lol. I will be out again in a few days so lets hope it's not me falling as much again.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Well I made it out today. I can definitely see myself being sore tommorrow (especially my behind lol). It was a lot of fun even though I fell quite a bit I got the hang of it and was able to manage the bunny hills lol. I will be out again in a few days so lets hope it's not me falling as much again.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Yes dude! Glad to see you made it out. Don't worry, it gets easier as you go but it sounds like you caught on pretty fast.

Yes dude! Glad to see you made it out. Don't worry, it gets easier as you go but it sounds like you caught on pretty fast.

Idk if I caught on or got lucky, I had some pretty hard falls but the bunny hills are very short so you dont get to stay on for longer than say 30 secs. It was getting busy so I left, but I'm heading out Tuesday again so I may try the next slope up for a bit longer ride.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Idk if I caught on or got lucky, I had some pretty hard falls but the bunny hills are very short so you dont get to stay on for longer than say 30 secs. It was getting busy so I left, but I'm heading out Tuesday again so I may try the next slope up for a bit longer ride.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Go ahead and push yourself a little but dude

Go ahead and push yourself a little but dude

But dude? Idk if you were leaving me a cliffhanger or not lol. I can tell one ride down the hill if it's to much. I have no problems going back to the bunny hills for hours.lol.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

It is getting ridiculous out here in CA. By this time of year we usually have multiple feet of snow up in the Sierras. This year the resorts are barely getting cold enough to make snow and they've had less than two feet since October. Needless to say, not much snowboarding going on this year.

But dude? Idk if you were leaving me a cliffhanger or not lol. I can tell one ride down the hill if it's to much. I have no problems going back to the bunny hills for hours.lol.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Haha my bad man. But should have been bit.

i've been riding for almost 20 years now, i started before it was aloud on ski hills so fun and calming and a great time spent with friends, sort of the way i look at golf for the spring summer and fall this is my winter relaxation

Lol, well that didn't take long, I got hurt for the first time. I hurt my shoulder and having trouble raising my arm (hope it doesn't effect my golf swing). The sad part was I made it all the way down without falling then when I was at the bottom I leaned to fair back and put my arm down to catch me. I'm hoping it's better in a few days as I'm hoping to get out there again Tuesday before I leave for Canada.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Haha the, italics are sarcasm. They have good inners, but their graphics are easily the worst is the biz and some of those camber profiles are just ridiculous.

Lol, well that didn't take long, I got hurt for the first time. I hurt my shoulder and having trouble raising my arm (hope it doesn't effect my golf swing). The sad part was I made it all the way down without falling then when I was at the bottom I leaned to fair back and put my arm down to catch me. I'm hoping it's better in a few days as I'm hoping to get out there again Tuesday before I leave for Canada.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

sorry to read that, hope that you get better quickly

Back