Birdieball Putting Greens

Yeah, shipping may be on the expensive side since it's going to Canada....Which I don't completely get...Must be 'international' something or other. But, that green on GolfTown doesn't seem to give you the customizable options (Dual Stimp, cups on both ends, etc...) as birdieball does. When I customized a 9'x2', which would upgrade to a 13.5'x2 for free, the price came out to $84.99...without the discount code and without shipping. I'd see if you can get a coupon code...Customize the green to how you'd want it and then go from there.

what customisation did you get? only the dual stimp? I was actually thinkin about the rubber sides rather than the dual sides, or maybe both. but even then, with the shipping cost as it is on the website, It gets pretty expensive, and i'm taking custom fees into account

is the one at golftown from the same company?

what customisation did you get? only the dual stimp? I was actually thinkin about the rubber sides rather than the dual sides, or maybe both. but even then, with the shipping cost as it is on the website, It gets pretty expensive, and i'm taking custom fees into account

is the one at golftown from the same company?

I put the dual stimp on there. I didn't get all the rubber sides, just because I don't have them on mine and I've had no issues. Although mine is going to be on hardwood floors...I hear carpet makes a difference in terms of rolling up. So you may want them for all 4 sides. The one at GolfTown is 12'x2' which birdieball doesn't have available on their website, which doesn't mean it doesn't make them for retailers.

Like I said, I'd see if you can get the coupon code and see what the price comes out to. I suppose you can check out the golftown one and see how it looks/feels and go from there. I'm sure it's a real birdieball.

I put the dual stimp on there. I didn't get all the rubber sides, just because I don't have them on mine and I've had no issues. Although mine is going to be on hardwood floors...I hear carpet makes a difference in terms of rolling up. So you may want them for all 4 sides. The one at GolfTown is 12'x2' which birdieball doesn't have available on their website, which doesn't mean it doesn't make them for retailers.

Like I said, I'd see if you can get the coupon code and see what the price comes out to. I suppose you can check out the golftown one and see how it looks/feels and go from there. I'm sure it's a real birdieball.

All right thanks, I ll wait for an answer from them

They also have a 4' x 14'. It definitely looks like a real BirdieBall, even has the "flag sticks" with the BirdieBall logo in them. Either they are real BirdieBall, or they really ripped off their design.

They also have a 4' x 14'. It definitely looks like a real BirdieBall, even has the "flag sticks" with the BirdieBall logo in them. Either they are real BirdieBall, or they really ripped off their design.
I saw the 4x14 but given the space i have, 9x2 or 12x2 would be plenty for me

I doubt golftown would sell fakes....

The 2ft wide one is kinda awkward. .The edges kinda curl up and there is not enough room to fully stand on it...If you don't have a standing area you will be practicing like you are barefooted. ..God knows impact that will make on real life...if u have space go at least 3 ft wide..The rubber sides may correct the edges rolling

I did not get an answer from john at birdieball yet

Nice work! Practice is paying off for me too. Went 8/10, 7/10, and 9/10. Pretty shocked at all the low guesses in that thread. A dead straight 10' putt I think is easier than what most are guessing.

JB posted this poll on how many 10-ft putts could you make out of ten?
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Your-Ability&p=2720215&viewfull=1#post2720215

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?52471-10-Ft-Putts-What-Is-Your-Ability

Anyway - got 6/10 & 8/10 when I tried it - no warming up or any previous practice. Seems like the putting practice is helping!

I couldn't agree more that the BB putting green has helped my confidence on anything 10' and shorter. 6 months ago I'd be 0/10 at 10', but tonight I went 5/10 with 2 burnt edges and 1 dead center but coming up short, and then went 8/10. It's amazing how much more confidence I feel when putting. Of course the SeeMore doesn't hurt things on the dead straight ones either... :alien:

I couldn't agree more that the BB putting green has helped my confidence on anything 10' and shorter. 6 months ago I'd be 0/10 at 10', but tonight I went 5/10 with 2 burnt edges and 1 dead center but coming up short, and then went 8/10. It's amazing how much more confidence I feel when putting. Of course the SeeMore doesn't hurt things on the dead straight ones either... :alien:

The other thing I notice is that my distance control is getting better. I'm not hitting any more than a foot or so too long, and only leaving 2-3 (out of maybe 30-40) short by inches. Whether this transfers outside, I have no idea. But it can't hurt, right?

I agree with all of you, the birdieball has really helped with my 8' and in putts. One cup is dead straight but the other breaks about half a cup right so I have a little variety I suppose. I am also interested in how it transitions to the course...along with the putting tips Freddie and others gave me about a week ago.

confidence is half the battle right?

I was thinking about purchasing one of these in the near future. What stimp have you guys purchased yours at? My course is a public that rolls on the slow side, but for some reason I want to purchase the med stimp. Also what size would you prefer space isn't really an issue so my initial though was the 4'x18'.

I was thinking about purchasing one of these in the near future. What stimp have you guys purchased yours at? My course is a public that rolls on the slow side, but for some reason I want to purchase the med stimp. Also what size would you prefer space isn't really an issue so my initial though was the 4'x18'.

I have the medium option. It is pretty quick when placed on a hard surface. It rolls as fast as the fastest greens I play but I really like it. Space was an issue for me but if it weren't I would vote 4x18.

I've got a dual stimpped medium (1 direction is 10, 1 direction is 11) and it's 4x13.5'. If space and funds weren't an option, I'd go 4x18' to be able to practice some of the longer putts I tend to leave myself, but I think as others have said, starting at 4' and working out is a smarter move than starting at 10'+ and moving in. For me, I went with the medium stimp because I play on a variety of courses, some slower and some faster, so this gave me a nice middle ground to get used to and I could adjust the day of the course, but if you always play slow greens, I'd get the slower stimp option. I did not get the side bumpers, and I'm fine without them, though there is some edge curling in a few spots that the bumpers might help. I also got one of the carry bags, and have yet to use it and don't really ever seeing me use it, but it's relatively cheap if you think you would ever take a green somewhere.

Overall, I would highly suggest getting one, and the specifics are really up to you.

I've got a dual stimpped medium (1 direction is 10, 1 direction is 11) and it's 4x13.5'. If space and funds weren't an option, I'd go 4x18' to be able to practice some of the longer putts I tend to leave myself, but I think as others have said, starting at 4' and working out is a smarter move than starting at 10'+ and moving in. For me, I went with the medium stimp because I play on a variety of courses, some slower and some faster, so this gave me a nice middle ground to get used to and I could adjust the day of the course, but if you always play slow greens, I'd get the slower stimp option. I did not get the side bumpers, and I'm fine without them, though there is some edge curling in a few spots that the bumpers might help. I also got one of the carry bags, and have yet to use it and don't really ever seeing me use it, but it's relatively cheap if you think you would ever take a green somewhere.

Overall, I would highly suggest getting one, and the specifics are really up to you.
Ryan thats great to see your putting game is getting better. Say yesterday I went 6/10, if you would have asked me to do that last month it would have maybe been 2 or 3 putts made. Say i can defianlty tell an improvment on the birdieball putting green I just hope I can see the same results out on the course.

still pondering, and hoping for an answer from birdieball

JB posted this poll on how many 10-ft putts could you make out of ten?
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Your-Ability&p=2720215&viewfull=1#post2720215

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?52471-10-Ft-Putts-What-Is-Your-Ability

Anyway - got 6/10 & 8/10 when I tried it - no warming up or any previous practice. Seems like the putting practice is helping!
I know you've said you've been using the small 2.5" hole for 4' putts, I'm curious how it would go using the small cup from 6'. If you draw lines from 10' to the edges of a regular size cup, then put a 2.5" circle in there, it lines up right about 6'.

So essentially, a 10' putt into a regular 4.25" cup is the same as a 6' putt into a 2.5" cup.

I have the dual-stimp 14'x18'. It's almost too long (tough to find a place to unroll it fully. And I have really been focusing on shorter putts (4 footers & 6 footers) - like Nebgolfer said, I'm working from the cup out. If room is tight, I'd go with the 13-14 foot length - you'll get more bang for your buck that way (can practice all of the most important lengths).

My speed is pretty fast, but I'm OK with that. I played on a course with very fast greens, but not there this year. Still, I'll be playing a lot of different courses (hopefully with THPers!), and I feel like it's easier for me to ajust to slow greens after being used to fast ones, than vice-versa (if that makes sense).

I know you've said you've been using the small 2.5" hole for 4' putts, I'm curious how it would go using the small cup from 6'. If you draw lines from 10' to the edges of a regular size cup, then put a 2.5" circle in there, it lines up right about 6'.

So essentially, a 10' putt into a regular 4.25" cup is the same as a 6' putt into a 2.5" cup.

Got it. I guess that's one thing people with shorter lengths could do to work on "equivalent length" longer putts (although speed/pace wouldn't be the same).

That said, I plan to keep moving back using the small cup - more just to focus my aim, and to boost confidence when i do switch to the regular size cups. I know that yesterday when I tried JB's "ten from 10-feet" challenge, the regular hole looked huge - almost felt like I was cheating! I definitely love the mind set this & the SeeMore/SPi training gives me on the course: I really do expect to make every putt from 15 feet & in. Just so much confidence. I know the actual % made will be low - but there is no longer anything tentative about any of my attempts, and the misses are getting closer & closer.

I can't wait to be out on a real course to see how this translates!

I've got a 4 x 13.5 at medium stimp. I love it. I wish I could have the 18 ft one!! Pick one up! You and your game will not regret it.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

One encouraging thing I've noticed. I have spent 95% of my time this week doing 4-footers on the small diameter hole. Every once in a while to break the monotony I would try long putts to the other end of my dual-stimp 4x18. Seems like I drained almost every one! I turned around & instead of walking back to the 4-foot mark, tried to make 15-footer to the small hole. Made 2 out of three!

There seems to be some extra benefit in terms of aim & speed/distance control that I'm getting from working on the 4-footers that's carrying over to longer putts. Maybe it's because I am focusing so much more on how my body feels during each stroke. I can actually feel when my putter face is not square at impact now! It's a weird, hard-to-describe, "Spidey-sense is tingling" kind of awareness of body & club that I've never had before.

I guess mindful practice with focus & purpose helps. A lot.

I am a bit dispointed, I tweeted john @ birdieball yesterday about shipping to Canada and have no answer yet, I might just buy from golftown

I am a bit dispointed, I tweeted john @ birdieball yesterday about shipping to Canada and have no answer yet, I might just buy from golftown

Try emailing him before you give up.

Finally made ten in a row on the 2.5" diameter hole from 4 feet! Never thought it would take this long, but that small hole is tough to hit every time! Even better news is when I try from longer distances (6 to 16 feet), I'm hitting this small hole a lot more consistently than when I started!

I recall Jack Nicklaus writing something about picking exact targets when aiming & preparing to hit tee shots, and the psychobabble interpretation is that it forces you to concentrate & focus more than just getting up & aiming for the fairway.

I'm thinking that maybe this same thing is happening on the putting green. I have to really bear down & focus to make 8-10 in a row, and my target isn't much wider than the ball itself. At any rate, I'm loving the results & I'll keep practicing on the small diameter target.

Back