Ping club fitting chart

mustangdrums

Reaction score
Handicap
How accurate is the Ping "height/wrist to floor" online club fitting chart? I fall dead center in the blue area and was thinking of taking advantage of a good deal on some used irons. Thanks

How accurate is the Ping "height/wrist to floor" online club fitting chart? I fall dead center in the blue area and was thinking of taking advantage of a good deal on some used irons. Thanks

Ping clubs can in most cases be bent 3* either way, so you can always get them adjusted.

I would say 70-75% of my fittings end up the same as the online fitting chart with the majority of the others being within a color code. Ping will adjust the lies for a minimal amount (shipping costs more than Ping's fee I think). Be aware that Pings (save the Anser irons) are difficult to bend so unless your shop has the right equipment and experience, I recommend sending them to Ping. Also, if Ping changes the lie, they will repaint the color code and record the new color for your serial code.

Ping clubs can in most cases be bent 3* either way, so you can always get them adjusted.

I believe its 5° with all of their current line's.

I would say 70-75% of my fittings end up the same as the online fitting chart with the majority of the others being within a color code. Ping will adjust the lies for a minimal amount (shipping costs more than Ping's fee I think). Be aware that Pings (save the Anser irons) are difficult to bend so unless your shop has the right equipment and experience, I recommend sending them to Ping. Also, if Ping changes the lie, they will repaint the color code and record the new color for your serial code.

Just had my G20's adjusted by Ping. It was $50 to do a lie and loft adjustment plus shipping. They do change the color on the dot. I went from a white dot to a blue dot.

According to PING I was +1/2 2* up.
Doing a custom fitting I came in at standard and 3* up.

Just had my G20's adjusted by Ping. It was $50 to do a lie and loft adjustment plus shipping. They do change the color on the dot. I went from a white dot to a blue dot.

Benefits of living in Phoenix I guess, all loft and lie adjustments are free.

It's worth noting that a swing fitting is still the only real way to assess what angles your clubs should be at. While you may measure the right height while you're standing, idiosyncrasies in your swing may greatly alter where your club actually hits. This isn't to dissuade you from using the chart, but you may be something of an outlier, and using that chart may not benefit you a whole lot.

For example, I stand easily within range of black dot or red dot (5'6" and 33" wrist to ground), but my swing actually puts me at 2° flat, or at least it did early this autumn. So from a black dot to an orange between my measurements and actual fitting board data. Just something to bear in mind.

It's worth noting that a swing fitting is still the only real way to assess what angles your clubs should be at. While you may measure the right height while you're standing, idiosyncrasies in your swing may greatly alter where your club actually hits. This isn't to dissuade you from using the chart, but you may be something of an outlier, and using that chart may not benefit you a whole lot.

For example, I stand easily within range of black dot or red dot (5'6" and 33" wrist to ground), but my swing actually puts me at 2° flat, or at least it did early this autumn. So from a black dot to an orange between my measurements and actual fitting board data. Just something to bear in mind.

Good advice here. I was fitted for G25 irons last year and my static measurements put me in black dot. I took a black dot, hit it off a lie board and was making contact toward the toe. They put me in yellow dot, 1.5 up, that went away, and it's what I ended up buying. I was nervous about the measurements being off so much but so far, so good.

It doesn't cost much to adjust after you get them. As far as the chart, its close enough since even with a custom fitting there is still tweaking that can be done.

Just a quick edit. I full custom fit is always better and you can do that anywhere just to get your numbers. Once you have your numbers buying used is easier.

Last edited:
When I did my fitting I fell into the Yellow just based on my Height and distance from the old to my wrist. If I'm not mistaken that gave me a 1.5° uprights. After going through the fitting I had a better results with the blue dots which is only at a 3/4° upright. Not only that I was recommended from stiff to x-stiff shaft which greatly improve my accuracy. It was only $30 dollars to do the fitting and it took like 30 mins because I new what I wanted and did not need to test out different models. With that said see about doing a fitting regardless, this way you can see what color you fall into based on your swing. It is true that 75% of the time they get it right based on the measurement but you never know you might be in that 25% that doesn't. Plus you might need a different shaft flex for all you know. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!

My static fitting says black dot by Ping but swing analysis says blue dot. Not a big change but a change nonetheless

Back