How much do you spend on Golf???

One of my fears is that after I die, my wife will sell all my golf stuff and car parts based on what I told her they cost....

Hehe, that's funny right there

I would say probably $5,000. You are lucky that Cannon AFB has a pretty decent course for a military base (and considering the landscape it is surrounded by).

Very lucky, only a few courses within 90 miles and the base is the best one. It's cheap too. And I can play in 2-3 hrs tops cause it's never crowded so I'm not complaining.

Way too much but I have been paying a CC bill for 8 years and not playing golf so I feel like that big bill is such a bargain now. I do buy a ton of golf shirts and pullovers, mostly on eBay but the good thing is I wear golf shirts to work unless I have meetings lined up out of the office.

I have never kept track or tried to add it up.
Quite frankly I would be scared to do so.
My conscience might take over and I would have to play less golf.

NOT HAPPENING !

this year I bought irons so that kicked it up $400, but I'd have to say it's usually around $200 very max... play/practice free helps.

I would guess $2400 or so with at least 1 18 hole round per week and a sporadic 9 holer, 2 range sessions, balls, travel, on course refreshment etc. then add the handful of charity tournaments at $100+ per event. It adds up quick. Heck, maybe I'll use this thread to convince the wife that a membership IS worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly dont even want to look at that line in the budget right now for 2013, and I pray my wife doesnt!!

Depends on how many events I get into. :D honestly I dint calculate id probably ground myself.

Membership to local course is $495, usually all I have to spend other than beer and skins every week (last year we won $600 as a 2 man team) but seeing as I revamped my bag this winter it will be a tad higher

2013 was very pricey for me. I basically re-did my entire bag with everything I ever wanted minus my putter and Driver. So that right there was about $3500.
I'd have to guess at balls, range time and tee times. Probably around another $1000

Honest answer is, not enough. I'd like to change that, and last year was an improvement....but this year I hope to dish more out in golf, golf trips and maybe one or two new clubs.

Last year I spent way too much on clubs, multiple sets, shafts etc.. This year golf membership was $600, probably spend $150 on a new bag, new shoes and some clothes. Factoring in cart fees, playing different courses and hopefully a few lessons I'm going to guess around $1500 if I decide on no new clubs this year.

Very lucky, only a few courses within 90 miles and the base is the best one. It's cheap too. And I can play in 2-3 hrs tops cause it's never crowded so I'm not complaining.

When I lived out there, I had to play that crappy muni by Hillcrest Park. I think it was $6 to walk.

When I lived out there, I had to play that crappy muni by Hillcrest Park. I think it was $6 to walk.

That one is actually closed now

I don't really want to know, but with my club membership and everything else included probably over 10k.

Last year I spent more than regular year. I replaced my whole set. So I probably spent 3k last year. This year probably 1.5k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

If you add up all the country club dues, clothes, post round beers and food, airline tickets, shoes, balls, wife and daughters shopping while I'm golfing, it's certainly more than $10k.

One of my buddies got Wednesday practice round tickets to the Masters this year so that trip to Hilton Head/Augusta will add about $2k this year. Happy to pay it as there is no better vacation than going with 3 of my best friends to play 36 holes for 4 days capped off by a day strolling around Augusta. Golf can be one of the most expensive hobbies - certainly way more than my skiing, hunting, and cycling combined.

Back