Does it matter to you if your woods match?

I don't think it matters about your driver and 3/5 wood matching, though I do think it makes heaps of sense to have your 3 and 5 match so you have consistent feedback with like club shots...

No not a big deal. I think the wedges are more important to match than the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little OCD, so it used to bother me a lot. I am getting over it though and I am going with whatever works best in 2014...... I promise.

My OCD kicks in if they don't match and it takes a valiant mental effort to be 'OK' with it. I am probably going to have different woods this coming season and it's mainly because I am determined to accomplish different things with each club.

I really do not care about the "matching look" of the clubs in my bag, but I do care about the feel and performance I get from them. Initially I was fitted with the 910F and liked it so much that I stayed with the 910 line for the driver and hybrids. This was the best decision for my swing/game and these clubs will be staying in the bag for for a long time.

My OCD kicks in if they don't match and it takes a valiant mental effort to be 'OK' with it. I am probably going to have different woods this coming season and it's mainly because I am determined to accomplish different things with each club.

I agree fully. With the tech these days it shouldn't matter what club you are playing, adversely you can nearly tailor any club to be what you want it to be. That being said, if you want it to match it can match.

<Callaway Irons (for now), switching to Titleist Driver/Fairway Wood, Titeist Wedges, Titleist Cameron Putter(s)

I used to care, but now I just put what works in the bag. I am in the process of rebuilding my bag for this year; which reminds me that I need to update my whats in the bag, but it contains lots of brands (Nike, Adams, Callaway, Titleist, and TaylorMade).

I would prefer they match....but I play what's best for my game! I have been investing in some "aftermarket" headcovers to maintain a consistent look!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Couldnt care care less. I've always been a bit of a budget golfer, especially since I started playing as a kid when most of my clubs got passed down to me. In fact I'm still playing an old Ping 3 Wood my dad gave me, although it may find its way out when I can find a reasonably priced 3 wood I like this year.

That 3 wood and an old Callaway Steelhead 5 Wood sat in my bag for the longest time along with my Big Bertha driver and then later with the Big Bertha II that replaced the original. They weren't pretty together, but I loved then anyway.

I would have to agree with most that matching my woods is the furthest thing from my mind. As long as each one is doing its intended job then I am all good.

No. Though I would be lying if I didn't say that I try to have them match if possible.

Not in the slightest. Currently my woods are quite the melting pot, but hey, if it works.

I don't think mine have matched since the days of buying a 1, 3, 5 wood set.

I would prefer they match....but I play what's best for my game! I have been investing in some "aftermarket" headcovers to maintain a consistent look!
I would prefer it too, but like you, will play whatever works.

Couldnt care care less. I've always been a bit of a budget golfer, especially since I started playing as a kid when most of my clubs got passed down to me. In fact I'm still playing an old Ping 3 Wood my dad gave me, although it may find its way out when I can find a reasonably priced 3 wood I like this year.

That 3 wood and an old Callaway Steelhead 5 Wood sat in my bag for the longest time along with my Big Bertha driver and then later with the Big Bertha II that replaced the original. They weren't pretty together, but I loved then anyway.
:clapp:

I couldn't care less. So long as they perform and make me happy :)

NO issue to me. i have a mixed bag and never had an issue with it. I too have the Superfast 2.0 driver and it almost made me quit this sport. Worst driver i ever hit, just couldn't hit it straight. I buy what feels best to me. I still have a TM club or 2 in my bag but most of my new stuff is PING. But my woods don't match.

Doesn't bother me at all, in fact I quite like having different makers in the bag. If it gets the job done, it's in.

It's all personal preference, just look at my bag in my signature. The only things that match are my wedge set and my Driver/5W!
The reality is that your always teeing up your driver, while your 3W might be teed up (albeit at a different height) or for the majority will be used off the ground.
Whatever gets your scores lower and gives you confidence!

It used to. Until a friend of mine talked me into an Adams hybrid

No, they don't have to match, they have to perform. I have the Cleveland 290 Classic, Mashie and Also the TM Burner.

Does not matter to me. I have had them match and played different companies as well. Just a matter of preference and what I am looking for in a 3 wood

KG

Just Tapping Away

My driver and 3 wood don't match although the head covers do.

Not long ago I had matching Adams Super S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, and 5h. The only one remaining from that group is the 3w. I just haven't found anything that compares, although I'll be "interviewing" the Bio Cell 3w after I get the new driver.

My 3W and 5W match, but only because I liked how they both felt and how well I hit them

The driver doesn't match them, but as long as it works, it will stay in the bag

Back