Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
tuve5ahe.jpg

a2a7e5a5.jpg

e9y6a9u2.jpg

ehehy7aj.jpg

The Approach S4 is a sweet watch. Drag pin on the green for exact distance ... impressive tech!

The Approach S4 is a sweet watch. Drag pin on the green for exact distance ... impressive tech!

yeah and I think it is the only watch with a detailed scorecard (correct me if I a wrong, I'm looking for this )

yeah and I think it is the only watch with a detailed scorecard (correct me if I a wrong, I'm looking for this )

The golfbuddy vt3 has a scorecard and the pin placement feature.

The golfbuddy vt3 has a scorecard and the pin placement feature.

ok, is it a detailed scorecard (with putts fir gir)? or a simple scorecard?

Just the score unfortunately.

Just the score unfortunately.

okok, I sold my garmin S2 because it only had the scores, was looking at the S4 for the advanced scorecard... but the pricetag is steep

That stats page looks neat, if I could trade up S4 to record the data that I use Golfshot for, and have a decent interface to view/review/share, serious ponder....

That stats page looks neat, if I could trade up S4 to record the data that I use Golfshot for, and have a decent interface to view/review/share, serious ponder....

exactly my tought, would love to have this feature and not need a phone app for stats

Just looked at the manual, doesn't look like it offers upload facility, that must be from one of handheld devices.
I'm sure details will come to light as folks start to pick them up.

Did they show the G7 and G8? I was looking at the website & they have a feature called 'playlike distances' that take slope into play. Sounds pretty cool.

Did they show the replacement for the G6?

Did they show the G7 and G8? I was looking at the website & they have a feature called 'playlike distances' that take slope into play. Sounds pretty cool.

I like the pin pointer feature that points an arrow to where the pin is. Will help me when I'm in the next fairway =). It shows it here on this video...

Just did the comparison on the Garmin website of the G6/7/8 and I am ready to pull the trigger on the 8 once they announce if it will have free updates. It doesn't specify that on the website like it does for the G6 yet.

Just did the comparison on the Garmin website of the G6/7/8 and I am ready to pull the trigger on the 8 once they announce if it will have free updates. It doesn't specify that on the website like it does for the G6 yet.

If you go to buy.garmin.com and look at the G8 it does say free updates in a couple different spots. I did see it also says processing time is 5-8 weeks though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your correct... My bad

I like their stuff. I think I might try to get one of the watches at some point this year.

I got the G6 In like new condition last year from eBay, and have been pretty pleased with it. G8 does look pretty sweet.

I got the G6 In like new condition last year from eBay, and have been pretty pleased with it. G8 does look pretty sweet.

I agree. The G8 looks like a wonderful device!

The approach S4 looks 10/10. I was going to buy the S3 this year, but the S4 looks like it's worth the extra coin. What do you guys think?

The approach S4 looks 10/10. I was going to buy the S3 this year, but the S4 looks like it's worth the extra coin. What do you guys think?

I like it, I can't decide between the S4 and the skycaddie linx

Iv just returned my S4 and got a G6 as the 7 and 8 arnt comp legal , the problem I was finding with the S4 was that on the yardage screen the screen is unlocked, and if you have sleeves or a sweater on the movement of pulling your arm up to check distances moves the screen to the scorecard!!!!! ...a right pain!!...and why oh why did they bother with Bluetooth for notifications????...hazards would have been so much better, Garmin seem very anti hazard on their S series, and yet you get them on the G series, and another thing is why did they not make the G7 & G8 without the option of the slope feature?? ...it could then be used on every round ...

Iv just returned my S4 and got a G6 as the 7 and 8 arnt comp legal , the problem I was finding with the S4 was that on the yardage screen the screen is unlocked, and if you have sleeves or a sweater on the movement of pulling your arm up to check distances moves the screen to the scorecard!!!!! ...a right pain!!...and why oh why did they bother with Bluetooth for notifications????...hazards would have been so much better, Garmin seem very anti hazard on their S series, and yet you get them on the G series, and another thing is why did they not make the G7 & G8 without the option of the slope feature?? ...it could then be used on every round ...

Thanks for this info. Wondered about the touch screen and how sensitive it may be. Seems like it's pretty sensitive if you sleeve is changing the screen. The BT for text and missed calls is just a crappy gimmick IMO and I wouldn't connect to see text and such. That's what my smart watch will be for in a couple of years.

I really like the watch idea though so I picked up the Bushnell neo XS. No touch screen so not as many bells and whistles but $100 cheaper and I can use the iGolf (since that's who Bushnell uses for GPS and it's free) or Golfshot app on my phone to track my scores and get more detailed info that the G series gives me. Just my personal preference as I like to have something quick and looking down at wrist for F/M/B green and hazards is what I need most of the time. The few times I need to I'll go to the phone for overhead view.

Thanks for the insight on the S4. Helped solidify that I made the right decision for me.

Good choice....the S4 is good...bit should be a lot lot better....the Neo XS is this years GPS watch along with the Skycaddie linx...minus the charges I wish...lol

I like it, I can't decide between the S4 and the skycaddie linx

Which one did either of you select?

Back